Johny Hendricks committing career suicide

Just posted

Johny Hendricks ?@JohnyHendricks
Yes I will sit out if I don't get a title shot

Dude...we like you, just shut yer yap and fight! Ruining any positive vibes/momentum he has gained

Agreed. He would be smart to shut his yapper and take a fight around April/May.

I don't think it's suicide, but it not a good move at all. I don't agree with the Diaz fight but he needs to look back at Rashad and choose wisely. Phone Post

Look at how Carlos handled himself through all of his title shot drama, pure class act. And he ended up getting it. Crossing Dana isn't the key to success

He needs to talk more shit and get himself over if he wants a shot, not less.  where would Nick Diaz be without all the shit talk?  Oh, that's right, he'd still be retired.

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

If you want a big fan base and the boys money that follows, you have to be put yourself out there. It would be like the Saints saying there not gonna play football the rest of the year cause there's no shot at the playoffs, bad analogy but I kind of got it LOL. Phone Post

Seth - 

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

Ummmmm you do realize that fighters are NOT employees of the UFC right?

If he sits out he could get passed.

Sorry Johnny but if Rory smashes BJ and say Diaz beat GSP and around that time Rory fights someone else like Jake E or Fitch or Maia and also wins impressively he is getting that shot above you.

So sitting out isnt a smart move, this sport is all about what makes for a big fight and what have you done lately.

If you think sitting out a year when you arent a big star is gonna automatically get you a shot you are wrong. Its gonna put you in the back and another contender who fought two or three times during that stretch and looked great he is gonna pass you.

Maybe he believes he has some sort of power but he really doesnt, Dana can say ok you dont want to fight and make money thats fine but dont be surprised when I give the next shot to Rory or BJ etc.

Sadly I disagree. Diaz lost at best set up Diaz Hendricks. Hendricks deserved this fight and I was rooting for gsp. It's wrong to do this JUST for the money when Diaz has not earned it. He's 1 and 1 I'm the UFC Hendricks is 9 and 1 is net Diaz doesn't put together 8 wins in a row in the UFC like Hendricks did. Where's the honor. Phone Post

Eh i understand where he is coming from, but Diaz got the fight. Thats all there is to it.
I would fight if i were him.

I couldn't agree more. I like most MMA fans are a big supporter and fan of Hendricks. But he is in noooo position to do that. Who the fuck is Johnny Hendericks? Does the UFC need him? Do the casual fans even know who he is? Can Johnny Hendricks' name sell any more PPVs than any other welterweight on the UFC roster could across from GSP? the answer to all these questions is 100% NO.

If I was Dana White, UFC Prez, I would now be far less likely to give him a title shot.

I do understand that title shots should be earned. And not decided on marketing, but it does play a part. And rigth now although Hendricks is impressing us, he is fucking up marketing himself big time

Hendricks: Continue smashing guys out pal

Jason -

I couldn't agree more. I like most MMA fans are a big supporter and fan of Hendricks. But he is in noooo position to do that. Who the fuck is Johnny Hendericks? Does the UFC need him? Do the casual fans even know who he is? Can Johnny Hendricks' name sell any more PPVs than any other welterweight on the UFC roster could across from GSP? the answer to all these questions is 100% NO.

If I was Dana White, UFC Prez, I would now be far less likely to give him a title shot.

I do understand that title shots should be earned. And not decided on marketing, but it does play a part. And rigth now although Hendricks is impressing us, he is fucking up marketing himself big time

Of Diaz won his last fight of be more willing to agree. But he didn't. Phone Post

The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

Seth -

They're not employees. They're independent contractors Phone Post

Hendricks reaction:

I definitely don't blame him for being pissed, though given how Dana can react at times, he may want to be circumspect on his public statements

Seth -

This is it. Exactly. Its not boxing, and that is a very good thing for the fans.

I would say that its 90% fighting, 10% entertainment. Dfw, like him or not, provides what the fans want. Hendricks wants his shot? Keep KO'ing dudes. He will get it. Diaz has much more hype right now. Phone Post

GriffinQ -
Seth -

They're not employees. They're independent contractors Phone Post

Meaning they can independantly look for another place to fight. That being said, when under contract, you essentially are just an employee. Phone Post

E dammit. E. INDEPENDENTLY.WHEN WILL I QUIT FUCKING THAT UP. Phone Post