Johny Hendricks committing career suicide

Not a wise move by JH in my opinion. I wouldn't be suprised if Dana White decided to move forward with GSP vs Diaz because of JH's talk lately....Dana could have easily thought "Fuck you, you DON'T tell me what fights are gonna be made, fine you don't want to fight....best of luck feeding the family"

Business wise Gsp/Diaz will clearly make the UFC more $ than Gsp/Hendricks. It probably wouldn't take much to push Dana in either direction if he was on the fence....the talk/demands might have swayed his decision.

All speculation of course

i havent been playing close attention, but why isnt jonny getting the next shot? The anderson gsp fight will never happen. I dont think they're gonna put diaz in there without another fight. johnny and gsp just both fought on the same card so its perfect timing. whats the hold up?

EDIT: nvm saw what dana said about diaz

dubate - 

The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

This. Voted up.

Tap In - Look at how Carlos handled himself through all of his title shot drama, pure class act. And he ended up getting it. Crossing Dana isn't the key to success

Vote up. I agree. What did Condit go through again? First it was Condit vs Penn. Because of Diaz not showing to the GSP presser, it turned into Diaz vs Penn. Forgot the rest. But I didn't hear him bugging out.

What happens if gsp takes the Anderson fight after the Diaz fight? Will Hendricks retire? Phone Post

So Hendrick's is "ruining" his career by doing the exact same thing that Nate Diaz did, by sitting out for a title?

You know Nate Diaz, who is fighting for the title in 2 days?

Some prime analysis going on in this thread.

Stubbsy - I don't think it's suicide, but it not a good move at all. I don't agree with the Diaz fight but he needs to look back at Rashad and choose wisely. Phone Post

Just being devils advocate look at how pettis and grispi wanted to keep fighting and lost their chance at the title. Losing that high up drops you down the totem pole fast. Phone Post

jbapk - So Hendrick's is "ruining" his career by doing the exact same thing that Nate Diaz did, by sitting out for a title?

true but dana squashed any immediate rematch no matter who won/lost the frankie/bendo 2 fight.. kind of a no brainer for nate to sit out.. but this gsp/diaz fight has much more uncertainties imo.. if diaz wins does gsp get immediate rematch or if gsp wins will he fight anderson.. plus fighters get leap frogged all the time it seems.. 

cheers. 

dubate - 

The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

voted up

jbapk - So Hendrick's is "ruining" his career by doing the exact same thing that Nate Diaz did, by sitting out for a title?

Diaz was offered the shot. He waited for his fight. There was no other contender at that time. Who else was his supposed to fight?

Amose - 
dubate -  The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

This. Voted up.

All of this.  And if he had done the bold, I (and I'm sure MANY others) would be a HUGE Hendricks fan.

Kid Charlemagne - 

Waiting for the biggest possible fight and payday after getting the rug pulled from underneath him....

Taking another fight where he could possibly lose and remove him from contention is the suicide Phone Post

if he's confident he's the best, he should take a fight.

Kid Charlemagne -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Seth - 

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

Ummmmm you do realize that fighters are NOT employees of the UFC right?

Contractors Phone Post

I believe they would have to be signed as employees if they want medical care/insurance. They would have to be considered an employee to get it. Not as a contractor. Contractors/subcontractors carry their own insurance for their employees. Phone Post

IIAces -
Kid Charlemagne -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Seth - 

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

Ummmmm you do realize that fighters are NOT employees of the UFC right?

Contractors Phone Post

I believe they would have to be signed as employees if they want medical care/insurance. They would have to be considered an employee to get it. Not as a contractor. Contractors/subcontractors carry their own insurance for their employees. Phone Post

and for themselves Phone Post

Jason - 

I couldn't agree more. I like most MMA fans are a big supporter and fan of Hendricks. But he is in noooo position to do that. Who the fuck is Johnny Hendericks? Does the UFC need him? Do the casual fans even know who he is? Can Johnny Hendricks' name sell any more PPVs than any other welterweight on the UFC roster could across from GSP? the answer to all these questions is 100% NO.

If I was Dana White, UFC Prez, I would now be far less likely to give him a title shot.

I do understand that title shots should be earned. And not decided on marketing, but it does play a part. And rigth now although Hendricks is impressing us, he is fucking up marketing himself big time

He's the only contender in UFC history to beat 3, Top 10 ranked fighters in his division without getting a title shot.

Not only that he KO'd the #2 and #5 guys with 1-punch knockouts.

Nick Diaz is a guy who is 1-1 in the UFC and failed his most recent drug test, didn't show up for a PC, and will probably blow his chance AGAIN.

I agree that Hendricks shouldn't shut the door on another fight and put himself on Daddy Danas shitlist, but, let's not act like Hendricks isn't easily the #1 Contender and is also easily more of a threat to GSP than Nick "I haven't fought a decent wrestler in MMA in years and am about to go up against the fighter with easily the best wrestling for MMA in the sport" Diaz.

Yes, I recognize that's a very long nickname.

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -
Amose - 
dubate -  The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

This. Voted up.

All of this.  And if he had done the bold, I (and I'm sure MANY others) would be a HUGE Hendricks fan.

Good solid post. Will vote up when I get to a computer Phone Post

He looks like a (career) suicide bomber Phone Post

Dana's Response to Johnny Hendricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaGL7ORPyg&feature=player_detailpage#t=709s

It's funny how "Hendricks is committing career suicide," considering this is the type of crap that Nick Diaz pulled to get back into the UFC, and also get this title shot.

Remember about how he said he was going to go box Jeff Lacy if he didn't get paid more/fight GSP while he was Strikeforce champion?

And how about "retiring" after the Condit fight?