Join the OG team to cure cancer with your computer

Update: Last week our team was #840 and we had 0 computers working.

Right now we have 62 computers and we're #810.

OGer peakes has led the way, earning over 1 million points since last week, and he is now #2 on our team until next week when I will pass him forever and cure cancer way faster than him.

I started today. No idea what its at but has been going all day. Phone Post 3.0

I think I have only 200 points Phone Post 3.0

200 points is great if you're doing it 5 times a day.

If you're getting less than 1000 points per day, try pausing the program and using the Chrome browser app for Folding@Home.

Your Folding@Home control panel tells you your estimated points per day (PPD).

I want to. Phone Post 3.0

FastAndBulbous - 200 points is great if you're doing it 5 times a day.

If you're getting less than 1000 points per day, try pausing the program and using the Chrome browser app for Folding@Home.

I am pretty sure the lack of points comes from using a laptop. once I unplug it the program seems to stop, on the other hand I have to unplug it so I can take the laptop to my room for fap time!

4 later!

Thelastkeyboardwarrior - 
FastAndBulbous - 200 points is great if you're doing it 5 times a day.

I am pretty sure the lack of points comes from using a laptop. once I unplug it the program seems to stop, on the other hand I have to unplug it so I can take the laptop to my room for fap time!

It's automatically set to pause while on battery power, but you can change that in the settings. Or just take the power plug into your bedroom.

I'll grab it, can I just pause it if I'm gaming or something? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, you just right-click the tray icon and pause it.

In..installed and rolling

nickgjj - What would my 7ghz CPU do? Fuck it. I'm in. Phone Post 3.0

7ghz? How's it doing so far?

I paid about $450 for my cheap piece of shit computer and it pumps out 10k per day Phone Post 3.0

I think I was on the team years ago but have not had it installed on my last 2 computers. Will reinstall and join up tonight. Phone Post 3.0

We're starting to get rolling now, and we've moved into the top 800 teams.

The OG team is now #774. Anybody else want to help us get into the top 100?

This is great. I hope I did it right.

Hey, you can use this image for your signature on all your posts! Just type your name where the name goes in the image url. I've typed one out for each of our 87 users, but I think it only lists you in their database if you're active.

Alright fellows, we're getting almost 500,000 points a day.

By my calculations we need to get over 2,000,000 a day, and we could be in the Top 100 teams within 1 year. That would mean we'd all be officially famous, and we'll get invited to all the celebrity events when we finally cure cancer.

If you add a GTX 750 graphics card to your computer, you can get 50,000 points per day. It costs $100, it works with almost any desktop computer, and then you'll also be able to play the newest games, and it probably uses less power than whatever graphics card you already have.

And it's so easy to put in a graphics card that even a woman could almost do it. You just order it on ebay, get it, open your computer case, plug it into the slot, and it's in. You might have to remove one of the little metal slot covers on your computer case so the end of the card sticks out, and then you plug your monitor into the card instead of the other output (it uses the same cable you already have). Then you run the installation CD, restart your computer, and you just cured cancer 10 times faster.