Joint pain

I’m having shoulder pain and pain in both elbows from heavy lifting. I know I’ve and ibuprofen for short term but what are some things that I can do for long term results?

Stop lifting heavy.

Get a qualified medical opinion first! Hows your bodyweight? That could be an issue. You may want to focus on the rear delta and rhomboids.
Something that helped me years ago was learning to pinch my shoulder blades together. I would even practised it through out the day. Made a huge difference in standing press and rows.

1 Like

Hi, what is your total volume? With too many sets (quantity over quality) overuse may lead to joint pain. Also, ballistic movements cause compressive and shear forces that may also be a problem. What are the specific exercises you are using? In general, when coaching grappling athletes and MMA athletes I focus on QUALITY over QUANTITY during the strength and conditioning sessions. Specifically the volume is low, but intense. The exercises chosen are movements that are slow and controlled. The programs I prescribe are SAFE and EFFECTIVE, in that order.