Joker origins movie: joker is a failed comedian

http://www.nerdcoremovement.com/report-the-joker-origin-film-will-portray-him-as-failed-comedian-in-the-1980s/

This movie seems like it's off to a horrible start with todd Phillips directing and Martin Scorsese producing.

What is the deal with airline peanuts?!

crowd silence

Well, guess there's nothing left but murder and terrorism.

TerrySilver -

This movie seems like it's off to a horrible start with todd Phillips directing and Martin Scorsese producing.

Scorsese producing is a good thing.

MarcusAurelioFan -
TerrySilver -

I love Scorsese don't get me wrong, but he doesn't strike me as a big comic book fan. Hope I'm wrong though. 

Then he gets a job at Hot Topic

Yay. Let's lock down the most prevalent characters in comic book history - who specifically doesn't have a set origin story to continue making him unhinged and unpredictable  - to an origin story that will inevitably suck, make him more human, and less predictable. 

Why does DC suck so much with live action movies? 

They are using The Killing Joke as the basis. That’s the story where he’s a failed stand up, becomes the Joker and rapes/paralyzes Batgirl. Though I doubt they include that.

I never liked the failed comedian storyline but hey, let's see how this turns out.

invalid - What is the deal with airline peanuts?!

crowd silence

Hahaha nice

invalid - What is the deal with airline peanuts?!

crowd silence

I never knew how much I wanted to see Seinfeld as a serial killer.

Sounds like theyre going the killing joke origin. Personally, any origin story for the joker is doomed to fail, part of his appeal is there being no reason or knowledge for his chaos

Benntheredunthat -
invalid - What is the deal with airline peanuts?!

crowd silence

I never knew how much I wanted to see Seinfeld as a serial killer.
Seinfeld in Oz - watch more funny videos

I never liked the Killing Joke, but a lot of people consider that a top 5 or 10 comic of all time.

I didn't care for the killing joke animated movie cause it looked like a Shockwave flash movie. That and the Barbra batman thing. Other than that its not bad. Kevin and Mark will always be the voices

Leto joker wasn't bad but we only got to see a little of what they shot. They wasted a huge talent. DC has had always used different time lines and arcs. Keep using different actors and fucking with it. I like it. I have watched Gotham on and off and they just used the "joker" stapling his face back on. The red head from shameless is great.

Retcons in DC happens all the time.. I wanna see all the footage of justice league finished..... I wanna see Darkseid

MarcusAurelioFan - 
TerrySilver -

Todd Phillips directing is a very bad thing.

'Todd Phillips directing is a very bad thing.'

I didn't realise the guys who made Hated when on to do The Hangover/Old School etc...

Thebonfirexm - I didn't care for the killing joke animated movie cause it looked like a Shockwave flash movie. That and the Barbra batman thing. Other than that its not bad. Kevin and Mark will always be the voices

Leto joker wasn't bad but we only got to see a little of what they shot. They wasted a huge talent. DC has had always used different time lines and arcs. Keep using different actors and fucking with it. I like it. I have watched Gotham on and off and they just used the "joker" stapling his face back on. The red head from shameless is great.

Retcons in DC happens all the time.. I wanna see all the footage of justice league finished..... I wanna see Darkseid

I'm dreading seeing Darkseid.

If the DCEU's history is any indicator, he's going to look like a giant CGI'd lump of gray clay, same as Doomsday, Steppenwolf, and Superman's upper lip. I really don't understand how their effects work is so consistently awful considering how massive their budgets are.

MickColins -

They are using The Killing Joke as the basis. That’s the story where he’s a failed stand up, becomes the Joker and rapes/paralyzes Batgirl. Though I doubt they include that.

I hope they do. Great book.

edit: Seinfeld in Oz was awesome. Thanks!

daglord -
MickColins -

I hope they do. Great book.

edit: Seinfeld in Oz was awesome. Thanks!

Mad tv had a great claymation of OZ in the day.

Mad tv claymation is some of the funniest shit ever