Jon Anik - the worst interviewer in human history?

I don't think I've ever heard Anik ask a single question. He makes statements then sticks the mic into the fighters faces. It's fucking absurd how retarded it is. How incompetent. The ancient Egyptians could do a better job doing a televised interview.

Discuss. Phone Post 3.0

Cue Tito
https://youtu.be/v3E3Y3LW0X4 Phone Post 3.0

Tito Anik would be the best ever Phone Post 3.0

i agree 100%

garrote - Cue Tito
https://youtu.be/v3E3Y3LW0X4 Phone Post 3.0

good point

Tito is P4P #1

But yeah, OP, I hate that type of interview. Phone Post 3.0

Anik interview template:

1). Here's 90 seconds of my personal random thoughts regarding this fight, despite the fact that I just had the entire fight's time to share them while I called the fight and you were in the cage.

2). "Your thoughts?"

He def spends way too much mic time doing the 'asking' and not just asking a basic question and letting the fighter go

Makes you appreciate Rogan.

Can never be forgiven for ruining Roth's greatest moment.

Anik clearly doesn't deserve to be doing what he's doing, crazy they still use him for this shit.

And his old 'catch phrase'? 'We thank you for a few minutes.' Wtf? Phone Post 3.0

Attila -

Makes you appreciate Rogan.

Rogan has his shortcomings as an interview as well...mainly when he rambles on with the longest and most complicated of questions while interviewing through an interpreter.

Common sense Joe...use it! Phone Post 3.0

He always throws in the obligatory "How did the fight play out, relative to your expectations" question. Phone Post 3.0

Why don't we look up at the big screen and you can tell us what's going on there. Phone Post 3.0

R00STER - He always throws in the obligatory "How did the fight play out, relative to your expectations" question. Phone Post 3.0
Not only that but he asks non-english speaking fighters the same question that way! Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie - Can never be forgiven for ruining Roth's greatest moment.

Anik clearly doesn't deserve to be doing what he's doing, crazy they still use him for this shit.

And his old 'catch phrase'? 'We thank you for a few minutes.' Wtf? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah Roth came out with some maniacal monologue, it was pretty inappropriate of Anik to try to continue to interview him honestly. Should of knew when done was done.

Completely agree with OP.

Even Rogan mentioned in one of his podcats, even though he did it in a very veiled mode as to not criticize a colleague, but reading between the lines you could clearly see that Joe was pretty pissed off by the way Anik conducts the post-fight interviews.

I legit get mad when he poses some of his stupid convoluted inane questions.

Please let Florian or Stann conduct the post fights interviews.

Best one in doing that is Joe Rogan, close second is Laura Sanko for Invicta.

UFC should hire her just to do the post fights interviews when Joe Rogan is not around, also she's super hot (and former mma pro).

I've never liked Anik as a commentator. Say what you want about Goldberg and Rogan but when those two aren't there it just doesn't feel the same.

Also, Tito calling Babalu 'Seraldo' never gets old.