Jon Fitch is the most overrated fighter on forums

among hardcores, he's the most overrated fighter. It boggles my mind when people regard him as this unquestionable #2 Welterweight, who would crush anyone outside of GSP.

Just go through several threads on different message boards.

Numerous rankings have Fitch on the P4P list even. Right behind Hendo...who's had to defeat Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Feijao, Fedor, Shogun to earn that respect.

Whereas Fitch's best win is over Thiago Alves coming off of a back surgery and a tough weight-cut.

and what's frustrating is discussions on Jon Fitch always ends up turning into how boring he is (ex: "he may be boring, but give credit where it's due man")

which deflects attention away from his real issue - his glaring weakness as a fighter and how vastly overrated his level of competition has been

So tell us, Jamiee, who is the #2 Welterweight?

Nick Diaz.

greco yeoman - So tell us, Jamiee, who is the #2 Welterweight?

#2 rank isn't clear-cut.

A case can be made for Nick Diaz (my personal choice), Jon Fitch, Jake Ellenberger, and even Carlos Condit (whose win over Ellenberger trumps anything Fitch has done)

But aside from "ranking", Fitch's ABILITY is overrated.

All I am saying is, Fitch's not this unquestionable #2 WW that many people make him out to be.

He's 13-1-1 so he's no slouch, that being said, I'd love to see him vs the likes of Condit, Diaz, Rumble (if he goes back to WW) etc. Phone Post

^^ 13-1-1 in UFC!! Phone Post

You are wrong. If anything, he's still under-appreciated because his style of fighting is mud fence ugly. If you don't think he would wrestlefuck nick Diaz in a heartbeat, you need to get your head checked. Phone Post

^common retort: people recite that 13-1-1 record with this "he's boring, but give him respect man" without regard to his level of competition.

Also they overlook the fact that he hasn't beaten a single quality wrestler

Jon Fitch is one of the most accomplished fighters in MMA history, if you say any different you either A. Don't understand the shark tank that the WW division is, or B. Simply don't enjoy his fighting style. And I won't sit here and tell you he's the most exciting man on earth, but until somebody can figure out how to beat him that isn't GSP he is a force to be reckoned with.

dahosse - You are wrong. If anything, he's still under-appreciated because his style of fighting is mud fence ugly. If you don't think he would wrestlefuck nick Diaz in a heartbeat, you need to get your head checked

Have they fought?
Do you have any idea how good Diaz's guard is? are you aware that Thiago Alves sweeped Jon Fitch? Do you konw that Diaz is adept at chaining sub attempts together to generate scrambles?

Signed. I made same argument in another thread yesterday. Not trying to discredit what the guy has accomplished but let's not give him credit for things he hasn't accomplished. He has quite simply not beaten the level of competition to warrant all of the accolades thrown his way

He has fought a good wrestler... Gsp and he got utterly paxxed

Chris Power -  Jon Fitch is one of the most accomplished fighters in MMA history, if you say any different you either A. Don't understand the shark tank that the WW division is, or B. Simply don't enjoy his fighting style. And I won't sit here and tell you he's the most exciting man on earth, but until somebody can figure out how to beat him that isn't GSP he is a force to be reckoned with.

Lol at this. The people he has beaten at ww are hardly even more impressive than the guys Diaz beat while in sf

Jamiee - among hardcores, he's the most overrated fighter. It boggles my mind when people regard him as this unquestionable #2 Welterweight, who would crush anyone outside of GSP.

Numerous rankings have Fitch on the P4P list even. Right behind Hendo...who's had to defeat Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Feijao, Fedor, Shogun to earn that respect.

Whereas Fitch's best win is over Thiago Alves coming off of a back surgery and a tough weight-cut.

retards gonna retard in '11

Jamiee -
dahosse - You are wrong. If anything, he's still under-appreciated because his style of fighting is mud fence ugly. If you don't think he would wrestlefuck nick Diaz in a heartbeat, you need to get your head checked

Have they fought?
Do you have any idea how good Diaz's guard is? are you aware that Thiago Alves sweeped Jon Fitch? Do you konw that Diaz is adept at chaining sub attempts together to generate scrambles?

He doesn't know. And I agree with your OP. it's frustrating that Fitch is higher on the p4p list than Shogun or Diaz, especially when he's never held a title. I'm a Fitch fan, btw. Phone Post

And I'd hate to see this turned into a thread disrespecting a very good fighter. Just saying he needs to beat a few of those supposed sharks in his own division before getting pound for pound consideration

Tommy Gunnz - 
Jamiee - among hardcores, he's the most overrated fighter. It boggles my mind when people regard him as this unquestionable #2 Welterweight, who would crush anyone outside of GSP.

retards gonna retard in '11

Elaborate?

Jamiee - ^common retort: people recite that 13-1-1 record with this "he's boring, but give him respect man" without regard to his level of competition.

Also they overlook the fact that he hasn't beaten a single quality wrestler

Can you not read? I said I'd love to see him vs the likes of Condit, Diaz, Rumble (if he goes back to WW) etc. which part of that shows I have not looked at the level of his opponents in the UFC? Phone Post