Jon Fitch responds to Dana White on fighter pay

Talking over some money matters that people seem to want to know about.

Quote:
"I wanted to shine some more light on my financial matters to give fans a better idea of the type of money a fighter like me actually makes."
In Jon Fitches 18 fight UFC career, he made a total of $1,020,000.

That includes show money and win money.

He also made roughly $300,000 in bonuses, 2 of the bonuses coming from fights with Georges St-Pierre for the title at UFC 87 ($60,000) and Erick Silva at UFC 153 ($70,000).

So in total, Jon made: $1,200,222.

Quote:
That sounds like a lot of money...
Jon Fitch says that out of his total earnings, he paid 20% of that to management and the gym.

Quote:
If you take that number, $1,200,222, divide it by 7 and a half years, I was roughly making $176,000 a year, now remember, that's before management and gym fees. You also have other stuff you have to pay for like equipment, stuff like that.
Quote:
Now to give you some more perspective, I want to show you the type of money the UFC was making in the shows I was involved in.
According to Jon Fitch, he can only find figures for 15 shows that he fought on and in total for those 15 shows, the UFC made a little over $36,000,000 in gate sales.

Jon Fitch fought on 14 pay per view cards but can only find figures for 4 events that he fought on and out of those 4, the UFC made a total of over $208,000,000.

Quote:
50-60% of that money goes to whoever the provider is, e.g Comcast, which still leaves them with a total of $104,000,000 for just 4 PPVs.
Quote:
Now that is an extreme low-ball for the type of money they are making. I fought for them 18 times and those numbers are 15 of those numbers are for the gates and 4 are from the PPVs.
Quote:
I was one of the fighters who was on the medium to high fighter pay scale. I've never complained about money from when I used to get paid $250.

ttt

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think there's an imbalance

Broke Finch is more interesting to watch during this than any of his previous fights. Phone Post 3.0

Panda head - Broke Finch is more interesting to watch during this than any of his previous fights. Phone Post 3.0

He's saying he was always broke.

Under the poverty line Fitch you may mean.

I guess he never had any backroom bonuses or sponsorships? Phone Post

hendofanforlife - Wow you rode others popularity on ppvs. How many people bought it cause he was on it? Near zero.

Gsp vs. Fitch was a huge ppv. Fitch was riding an insane winning streak. Phone Post

He isn't complaining. He's responding and informing.

In Phone Post 3.0

I should go ask for a raise because what they pay me is before taxes, expenses to get to work and maintenance on my car to get to work. Think ill get it? Phone Post 3.0

good for Fitch. its too bad the tard mma fans will blindly bash him.

i do think fighters like Fitch should move from expensive california. Phone Post

you cant just compare how much he made vs. how much the ufc made...

first of all, he talks about his own expenses, what about ufc expenses? 

also, you have to consider how much you, individually, contributed to the total amount the ufc made...the reality is not that much...is jon going to bring in millions of dollars to WSOF's gate or ppv receipts? 

He also made roughly $300,000 in bonuses, 2 of the bonuses coming from fights with Georges St-Pierre for the title at UFC 87 ($60,000) and Erick Silva at UFC 153 ($70,000).

so when you add 300k to 1,020,000 you get 1,200,222?

where the fuck did the $222 come from? Where the hell did the other 100K go?

jesus

dbl

Jon completely contradicts himself multiple times.

Also cute how they hint at him having to pay taxes as an independant contractor, but leave out the fact that all the training/gym costs are a WRITE OFF directly from his gross income as "unreimbursed expenses". Phone Post

Nuevo Haole - 

so when you add 300k to 1,020,000 you get 1,200,222?

where the fuck did the $222 come from? Where the hell did the other 100K go?

jesus

I assumed the rest of the money he made was undisclused / locker room bonuses.

John also doesn't mention sponsorship money that he made.

Whole thing is ugly.