Jon Jones is not a phony Christian

David@accu -

I'm an atheist but there is one thing I do know about religion. We(people) don't get to decide who is a "Real Christian" or "Real Jew".  It's in plain text that it's not for us to judge. Thats also something as an atheist I wouldn't call someone. I think trying to take God or Religion away from someone who values religion is one of the most cruel things a man can do to another man. I probably have said it in the past not knowing the power that one has saying something like that. It's shameful. 

I'm not saying Jon Jones is perfect or that you should respect or like him. That's not what I am saying. Bad acts are just that. We can decide who we want to emulate and who we shouldn't by example. However what we shouldn't do is emulate the behavior we are condemning. Being better than Jon Jones doesn't mean just not using drugs or drinking and driving. It's being better at everything Jon fails to do which includes judging people. Hell if drugs and alcohol was Jon's only problem he would sadly be further along in life than most.

To take away someone's religion like that, is to strip a person of hope to change. Never call someone a fake Christian or Jew. Everyone deserves the chance to change. 

Well I'm looking forward to bumping elbows with Jones and Hitler up in Heaven then.  Heaven forbid we demoralize them here on Earth.  Poor Jon Jones has been through so much!

forumnewb - 
jgiveshead - 

You guys are morons.  He uses his religion as a "get out of jail free" card and you all know it.  What exactly does that make him, or entitle him to in terms of afterlife?  Beats me.  But I don't have to like the guy or do the "well he's basically a good guy, deep down" nonsense.  He's a piece of shit.  You might want to ask yourself why you identify with him so much.  If it's because you're a piece of shit too, consider the impact that you're probably having on your family and friends.

/thread

Are you two implying his father became a pastor and he spent a lot of his child (and adult) life in a church setting in order to appease future UFC fans of his shortcomings?

David@accu -
jgiveshead - 

You guys are morons.  He uses his religion as a "get out of jail free" card and you all know it.  What exactly does that make him, or entitle him to in terms of afterlife?  Beats me.  But I don't have to like the guy or do the "well he's basically a good guy, deep down" nonsense.  He's a piece of shit.  You might want to ask yourself why you identify with him so much.  If it's because you're a piece of shit too, consider the impact that you're probably having on your family and friends.

Nobody disagrees. However that says something about Jon Jones's character. Trying to strip him or deny him of his religion says something about our character.  Why even allow him the little bit of energy your using to hate him? He doesn't deserve it. 

Mostly just venting brah.  My family is filled with the same enablers that give villians like Bones a platform.  The UG is my home.  I don't want to give him an inch more.

HELWIG -

let cut the crap

getting tattoos of scripture and mentioning God are easy

being a Christian is often about what you DONT do as much if not more than what you do

this guy has multiple kids with the same girl and wont marry her for years

openly cheats on her in front of reporters 

threatens to physically kill cormier when he thought the mic was off

THAT is who jones truly is and always has been

the coke/booze/gunplay is just stereotypical low life icing on the cake

You are what you do, not what you claim to believe. 

2 Likes

![](upload://5vDWtcHVS4M0aA27qySvaVJtUCO.gif)

1 Like
Kimbos Lice -

Jon Jones is a piece of shit that only thinks about himself. He cheats on his wife. He gets behind the wheel while intoxicated dangering lives. And then hides behind Christianity. 

As a person, he's a piece of shit. But how do you know he cheats on his wife? It's not out of the realm of possibility that she let's him do whatever he wants in return for a more luxurious life that most women don't have. 

Money makes people do strange things. It's why you see a 22 year old female marry a 78 year old man. 

WAHHH POOR JON JONES. GREW UP IN A UPPER FAMILY AND BOTH HIS BROTHERS ARE SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONAL ATHELETES....JUST LIKE HIM.....WAHHHHHHHHH

Someone call the wambulance.

Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

Jon Jones is a piece of shit that only thinks about himself. He cheats on his wife. He gets behind the wheel while intoxicated dangering lives. And then hides behind Christianity. 

As a person, he's a piece of shit. But how do you know he cheats on his wife? It's not out of the realm of possibility that she let's him do whatever he wants in return for a more luxurious life that most women don't have. 

Money makes people do strange things. It's why you see a 22 year old female marry a 78 year old man. 

Taking cheating out of the equation and he's still a piece of shit

Kimbos Lice - 
Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

A piece of shit who clearly believes in Jesus and came from a religious family.

So, a Christian

Corn Pop -
Kimbos Lice - 
Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

So, a Christian

Yeah. Clearly believes. 

Make 8 more posts about it like anyone is arguing with you. 

Only jon knows what he honestly believes. clearly.

1 Like
Corn Pop -
Kimbos Lice - 
Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

So, a Christian

You’ll have to excuse me while I vomit at these credentials.

jgiveshead -
Corn Pop -
Kimbos Lice - 
Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

So, a Christian

Dude, he came from a christian family. Hes obviously a christian. 

You’re right he’s the same as most christians…

they do horrible shit then say “But i said i’m sorry and now Jesus will save me”

that way they feel better, so they can do it all over again.

so yes i agree with you

1 Like
jgiveshead - 
Corn Pop -
Kimbos Lice - 
Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

So, a Christian

They aren’t credentials. It’s a belief system. Like you can believe in a political party, and be a piece of shit. Or believe in science over religion, and be a piece of shit. Or believe in Buddhism, and be a piece of shit.

I think the problem is some of you think being a Christian, and believing in God, means you have to live a life for God and never do anything wrong or immoral. Not sure got that interpretation of the definition

The Hyena - You're right he's the same as most christians...

they do horrible shit then say “But i said i’m sorry and now Jesus will save me”

that way they feel better, so they can do it all over again.

so yes i agree with you

Meh you’re referring more to the religious fanatics. My old roommate was very religious, yet would bang hookers and do coke. He never once brought up Jesus when he’d do stupid shit

Jon should replace his Phillipians tattto with Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 King James Version (KJV)

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

3 Likes
Corn Pop -
jgiveshead - 
Corn Pop -
Kimbos Lice - 
Paramount Donkey -
Kimbos Lice -

So, a Christian

They aren’t credentials. It’s a belief system. Like you can believe in a political party, and be a piece of shit. Or believe in science over religion, and be a piece of shit. Or believe in Buddhism, and be a piece of shit.

I think the problem is some of you think being a Christian, and believing in God, means you have to live a life for God and never do anything wrong or immoral. Not sure got that interpretation of the definition

Derp

HELWIG -

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Nice to see you posting again,broham.

HELWIG - 

HE should get

Leviticus 19:28, which says,“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.”

^well done