Jon Jones on Moving Up and Staying Put

Just read this article ( http://mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-watches-randy-couture-in-contemplating-ufc-heavyweight-fights ). 

The article itself is fine, but it's the end of it that caught me:

"Jones’ future plans remain at light heavyweight where, with a win over Ryan Bader at UFC 126, he’ll inch closer to the top of the division and, by the end of 2011, could be the top contender at 205 pounds."

By the end of 2011? 

Gimme a break. I doubt there are many on here that don't believe he is the top contender right now. Shogun's injury (not his fault clearly) and the Rashad match being put on hold really screwed this up. It don't matter - Jones is young, but I'm not sure he doesn't beat everyone in the division at this point.

thforklift -  

Gimme a break. I doubt there are many on here that don't believe he is the top contender right now. Shogun's injury (not his fault clearly) and the Rashad match being put on hold really screwed this up. It don't matter - Jones is young, but I'm not sure he doesn't beat everyone in the division at this point.

This whole "Rashad" thing is annoying... let him get his shot...  it is his time now.

None of this matters...Rashad isn't getting past Shogun. I'm predicting a 3rd round stankyleg knockout.

I'd love to see Shogun vs the winner of Rampage/Silva on the August card in Rio. (the hype for Shogun vs Thiago Silva would be nuts)

shogun vs rampage ll in rio would be amazing Phone Post