Jon Jones partners with Richard Schaefer!

Very Strange.

Schaefer, a former executive at Golden Boy. Has a mixed reputation. Eddie Hearn does a good impersonation of him.

Wonder what this is about.

3:38

3 Likes

4 Likes

I wonder if its something like this:

Jon is holding out with UFC, but has no leverage.

He gets with Schaefer, and is planning to say to UFC -

'I have 2/3 fights left on my contract. You are obliged to offer me those fights. I will take them and run my contract down quickly.

Then I will go and form my own promotion with Schaefer and do 3 or 4 payperviews where I take almost all the revenue.’

If so that would be big, because it would give major stars like Conor, Khabib, and others to come, a model from which to exit UFC in final years, and cash in.

1 Like

1 Like

Is this the news that “no man has ever walked” hahahahahahaah
also, i believe he is 1 fight in to an 8 fight contract that HE himself negotiated and signed.

2 Likes

If he is 1 fight into an 8 fight contract then there goes my theory, out of the window! lol

You also forgot the infamous champions’ clause where the contract auto extends into eternity when you are a champion.

Unless he takes no title fights or loses, both of which hurt his status I’m sure.

Maybe you can vacate and get out, not sure there.

So he signs with the same guy as ODLH. I guess he is trying to bully Dana? Jon is just such a dumbass I have a feeling we won’t see him back anytime soon.

7 Likes

Oscar and Schaefer had a bad falling out/beef years ago.

Quick way to lose all your money I guess

It’s all about the money, greed, and power. With, shit ton of blow every step of the way, god

He’ll want some more $ off of that contract in the near future.

Jon is a stupid person and will continually do stupid things. The smart people surrounding him know it and want to cash in.

Schaefer is a cunt and a scumbag and well qualified for the cutthroat business of boxing and MMA.

6 Likes