Jon Jones reclaims P4P #1 slot

There are 4 fighters on that list with -1 loss

Can anyone (without googling ) name all the 1’s

How do Edwards and Pereira get high rankings for last minute hail mary wins but Hill is completely dominant and doesn’t crack the top 10? :sweat_smile: Trash list

1 Like

I’m not about to defend the entire list, but I wouldn’t have Jamahal Hill in my top 10, TBH.

Quality of opposition is very likely a factor. Hill was dominant in claiming the LHW title but it was against a 43-year-old essentially washed (but still TOUGH AS HELL Glover Teixeira).

Hill’s win prior to that was Thiago Santos, who was 1-4 in his last five fights prior to that loss and hasn’t been the same since double knee surgery.

Hill’s victories before that were Johnny Walker and Jimmy Crute. Speaks for itself.

Jamahal’s fight before those two was a loss to Paul Craig.

If or when we see Hill defeat Jiri Prochazka, Magomed Ankalaev or even a returning Aleksandar Rakic then maybe we’re looking at a top 10 P4P spot.

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t have Hill in my top 10 if I had a list either. I just find the criteria very curious. It seems to strongly favor current titleholders, hence the high rankings of Edwards and Pereira, yet somehow with that same criteria the more dominant Hill is very low.

1 Like

I kept Lol’ing when everyone was arguing about Islam/Volk who should be No. 1… I kept saying it don’t matter cause they’re not gonna be there for long

And somehow Jon Jones moved up only 9 spots? So he was 10th when not fighting for 3 years?

2 Likes

He beat a guy with nearly no ground game by going to the ground in the arguably weakest division in the UFC and now he’s #1 P4P?

P4P is legit. :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha called it.

Does any other sport do p4p rankings??? It all just seems so silly to me.

Boxing unofficially.

It wouldn’t make sense in team sports. It only works for combat sports due to weight classes

Most sports don’t have special divisions for short and undersized guys they have to make up for difference in size with skill.

If you’re 5’2 probably your only hope of making money in sports is boxing or MMA

This is from yesterday:

1 Like

Boxing. And I always viewed it as a marketing tool to try and generate more interesting in smaller fighters.

It’s overall a dumb concept.

MMA has its Ali, The Greatest of All Times

1 Like

McGregor is much closer to an Ali figure than Jones.

I hate everything you just said!