Jon Jones should take note of how Jan fought

To start, I think Jon is the best fighter…not just ever, but currently. I think his issue lately isn’t that he’s lost a step, it’s that he gets a little too comfortable in there and fights at the pace of his opponents.

So if someone keeps it at kickboxing range and they’re trading shots but Jon isn’t taking damage, he’ll stay at that range, and fight the pace the opponent is fighting. He assumes he’s winning, and if he’s not taking damage or being pushed really hard, he coasts. He always has a wrestling advantage, but rarely uses it lately. His ground and pound and BJJ is excellent as well, but he rarely uses either lately.

So when I say he should take note of how Jan fought…the first 3 rounds were close, and all took place at kickboxing range. Jan probably felt pretty good, and was up on the judges cards 2-1. If he kept doing what he was doing, he might have won…but as we saw, Izzy was the fresher fighter late, has gone 5 rounds before (Jan hasn’t) and it’s not crazy to think Jan would fade, and Izzy takes the last two rounds if it was fought standing up.

Jan did the smart thing, took Izzy down, and grinded out the clear, obvious win…and made it look easy. Izzy never came close to getting out from underneath him, and Jan isn’t close to as good on the mat as Jon. With the way Jon has been fighting lately, he would have kept that fight standing and likely squeaked out a decision that everyone bitched about.

1 Like

Fuck you and Jon.

8 Likes

Or he just wrestle fucks Izzy into oblivion from the jump....

4 Likes
Jwider - 

Izzy, or anyone he runs into at HWT. Seems like he’s fighting the winner of Stipe and Francis…if it’s Stipe, don’t kickbox with him for 5 rounds and hope to win a close decision. Push him into the fence, take him down, grind on him, and make sure you’re banking rounds, or working for a finish…and if it’s Francis, don’t stand with him at all. He’s shown he can be taken down easily by guys who wrestle him, and if Jon gets the positions Stipe did, he’ll get a choke and get him out of there. Fuck trying to stand with that guy.

Jwider -

When has jones wrestle fuckdd anyone?

The_Pundit -
Jwider -

Everyone he took down? 

Jones and Yzzy can’t be in the same sentence, Jones would finish him and quickly, and most of us fall in the hype tittrain, even DC could stop commentating for a second by leaving his table and still would clean the Octogon’s floor with Isreal without a much effort

The_Pundit -
Jwider -

Lol?

The_Pundit - 
Jwider -

Do you watch MMA?

1 Like
The_Pundit -
Jwider -

Lol....

Lol @ the wrestle fucking shenanigans.

youngestgrandpa - 

Jones and Yzzy can’t be in the same sentence, Jones would finish him and quickly, and most of us fall in the hype tittrain, even DC could stop commentating for a second by leaving his table and still would clean the Octogon’s floor with Isreal without a much effort

I should have clarified in my OP, it’s not about Izzy. It’s about the way Jon has been fighting in general, and how he should approach HWT. The way he fought Reyes, Smith and Santos was fucking stupid, and if there are guys he’s doing a little better than in the standup, but he knows he’s miles better on the mat, don’t risk losing a close decision by keeping it standing. Take a guy down and either get him out of there, or dominate enough to make the decision obvious.

The_Pundit -
Jwider -

Did you watch Jones wrestle fuck the wrestler Chael?

sarcotraps - 
The_Pundit -
Jwider -

Did you watch Jones wrestle fuck the wrestler Chael?

Jones beat the fuck out of Chael and finished him in the first round. I’m not sure everyone is using the term “wrestle fuck” the same way.

I swear to god I’ll pistol whip the next person to say wrestle fuck!!!

Super Troopers GIF by memecandy

Idk…I just said it and it caught on. Does grapple fuck work better?

1 Like