Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson official

Pretty obvious Gus has this one. He beat Hamil and Hamil beat Jones in the first round. Phone Post

All Jones wants to do is get the record for most title defenses at lhw. He has been specifically asking for this fight with Gus to be the fight to get that record. That alone seems suspect. I'm a fan of Gus but he hasn't earned the shot yet.

This is a present from Dana to Jones, that is all.

MMALOGIC - they are planning a 20th anniversary show and they have 3 big fights on tap and they'll likely use 2 of them for the big show.

cain vs JDS 3.

Jones vs Gustaffson

GSP vs Hendricks.

Doubt it lol Phone Post

i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0

this way he will fight both of them without either of them losing their hype

I knew there would be posts saying he avoided mousasi and glover. Phone Post 3.0

Aaron Becker - 
i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0

We need the new blood fighting one another though, I'm tired of seeing contenders make their names off of the old guard.

If Glover and Gus would have fought it would have really shown who truly belongs at the top.

I understand the logic of protecting prospects but the division is getting stale.

DoomFarmer - 
Aaron Becker - 

We need the new blood fighting one another though, I'm tired of seeing contenders make their names off of the old guard.

If Glover and Gus would have fought it would have really shown who truly belongs at the top.

I understand the logic of protecting prospects but the division is getting stale.

and that's why I think they are protecting them, to show that these guys are beating what's left of the division and now they can only get their title shots

I dont't think gus is ready. He could probably do with a couple more fights with top level competition. But hey. Machida will go to middleweight now I bet. Phone Post

TheHaunted2 - 

I dont't think gus is ready. He could probably do with a couple more fights with top level competition. But hey. Machida will go to middleweight now I bet. Phone Post

Assuming AS remains champ I'd be very surprised if Machida drops down.

Like both guys but I really don't see how Gus will handle the wrestling of Jones. This could be very one sided, I hope not though.

Jesus, poor Lyoto. Two "number one contender" fights for naught.

Also, yes he belongs at 185 anyway. Phone Post 3.0

I'm glad Gustafsson is getting the shot instead of Machiada.

DoomFarmer - 
Aaron Becker - 

It means we get to see them both fight Jones potentially, that is better IMO. You said you're tired of them fighting the old guard but if Gus and Glover were to fight it means one of them goes to the back of the queue, that opens the door to one of the old guard to jump the queue.

crossfire - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
i_shogun_ruas -
crossfire -
i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
What's so funny, Gus got raped by fuckin Phil Davis imagine what jones is going to do. Phone Post 3.0
That was 3 years ago. Just sayin..... Phone Post 3.0
That's what's funny , some people are under the impression that fighters don't evolve , and some if them even get better. Phone Post 3.0

Especially in the case of a young fighter like Gus.
The more fights he has the better he gets.
You can't really gauge Gus vs Jones from a fight that took place in 2010.

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -
i_shogun_ruas -
crossfire -
i_shogun_ruas - Lame. Gus has nothing for jones. shoulda been Gus vs glover first and glover beats Gus Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
What's so funny, Gus got raped by fuckin Phil Davis imagine what jones is going to do. Phone Post 3.0
That was 3 years ago. Just sayin..... Phone Post 3.0

Speaking of Davis, he has serious ground skills. IMO he could be a threat to Jones but its situational.

The thing is Sonnen is a proven commodity, we know his wrestling is superior to a fighter like Gus or even Davis and Jones made a point to dominate him with wrestling and kick the shit out of him.

Gus wont win this, he can't beat Jones standing but for the sake of argument let's say he was he can't stop the td either.

At least its not a rematch but I don't see a lot of opportunities for gus. Phone Post

The fight I've been waiting for since 2011, and Im gonna miss it because of Basic.

Fml. Phone Post 3.0

2010* Phone Post 3.0

Jack_Bauer - 

Isn't he fighting Machida? Should be an awesome fight.

Why is the background graphic on the news page, St Basil's Cathedral in the Kremlin - is this going to be a Russian event?