Jon Jones vs. Stephan Bonnar

9fight4 - they still let bonnar fight?!

why, don't they usually keep the guys with winning ufc records around?

shut up, hater.

Bonnar is way too experienced and way too good on the ground. I can't believe they are throwing Jones in the deep end already. I'd rather see them let him develop on the 'Huerta plan'.

Bonnar is good, but I believe Jones has already beaten two BJJ blackbelts and is only getting better. I'll take Jones in this one.

Wow, great fight.  I think Jones is ready.  I just got off the phone with people very close to the situation and this looks like a go for 1/31. 

Bonnar has the experience but he's coming off a year long layoff.  I think Jones will be able to handle Bonnar on the feet and if worse comes to worse he'll just have to use one of his patented slams to take it down to the ground.

Big step up for Jones, but I think he's ready.  Can't wait for this to be signed.

Also another big rumor.  Mike Massenzio vs CB dolloway in Dec.  Also not signed but looking good.

Awesome news for Team Bombsquad. 

Any Jon Jones is good Jon Jones

"Mike Massenzio vs CB dolloway in Dec"

i thought that cb was fighting rivera

PTA - "Mike Massenzio vs CB dolloway in Dec"

i thought that cb was fighting rivera

Rivera had to back out of the fight according to rumors.

Also, Jones more than held his own against Andre Gusamo, who's not exactly a slouch on the ground. Bonnar's more well rounded than Gusamo and more experienced, however if Jones can avoid getting in to a standup war with Bonnar, it could get interesting.

Massenzio looked great against McFredries.

Crazy Zimmerman -  Massenzio looked great against McFredries.

Yeah he did.

His fight with Dollaway should be an interesting matchup stylistically.

Hey Nanook, great scoop on the Bonnar fight. I'm impressed!

Crazy Zimmerman - Hey Nanook, great scoop on the Bonnar fight. I'm impressed!

Thanks Crazy! I get some pretty good ones every now and again that come through.

So Rivera is injured? CB's fight still happening at UFC 92?

Card -  So Rivera is injured? CB's fight still happening at UFC 92?

With the personal tragedy that Rivera's had in his life this year, I'd not be surprised if he took himself out of the fight because he was having trouble getting mentally prepared for it. Can't say I blame him if he did, God knows how hard of a year this has been for him and his family.

ttt for the Martian Manhunter!

Those gif's of Jones make him look killer but in the actual whole fight he showed he was very rough around the edges. To be fair he clearly won that fight, but he showed some liabilities and raw shortcomings along with those signs of potential.

Bonnar isn't all that great and is coming off a long layoff but you'd still probably have to give him the edge due to experience.

Not Monty - Those gif's of Jones make him look killer but in the actual whole fight he showed he was very rough around the edges. To be fair he clearly won that fight, but he showed some liabilities and raw shortcomings along with those signs of potential.

Bonnar isn't all that great and is coming off a long layoff but you'd still probably have to give him the edge due to experience.

I think Bonnar is much better than he gets credit for. He has potential to be top 10 in a stacked division. We'll see how he recovers after the knee injury.

CRE - Jones didn't even have a chance.

Bonnar by w/e he wants.

I recall some people saying the same thing about Gusmao. 

regiondoc - 
I think Bonnar is much better than he gets credit for.

Agreed.

I think folks have written him off because he had some less than impressive performances against fighters who were not highly thought of at the time. But Machida/Griffin/Evans/Jardine have all proven to be top 10 studs since that time, and none of those guys were able to dominate Bonnar. Even Machida's TKO stoppage was not terribly impressive, since it came via cut stoppage in a location that does not typically lead to stoppages (below the eye).

I think Bonnar is MUCH better than he is given credit for. He can give anybody in the LHW division a competitive fight.

bonesy

BONNAR, all day, unless he tries to stand with him...