Jon Jones wants Mike Tyson in the ring and Octagon

On a recent Instagram Live, boxing legend Mike Tyson compared UFC and boxing purses.

“A UFC will never be richer than a first fighter," said Tyson. "To make a hundred million dollars, Conor had to fight Floyd! ... if he fights Jon Jones he’s not going to get that. The greatest fighter in the UFC - Jon Jones - gotta fight me to make some super money.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02n_WcJvIZc&feature=emb_title

The 32-year-old Jones tweeted, "I’m listening, Mike Tyson," and then followed up on Instagram.

"I’ll box you in the ring if you promise to give me a real fight in the Octagon afterwards," wrote Jones. "And because I respect you so much, I promise I won’t break anything on you."

Jones respectfully followed that up with the crown emoji.

It's a sad statement about MMA fighter compensation when the arguably UFC G.O.A.T. calls out a 53-year-old boxer, who retired 15 years ago, on a losing streak. There's a reason Canelo Alvarez, 29, isn't calling out Royce Gracie, who is the same age as Tyson.

I’d love to see these guys do cocaine together.

16 Likes

"Dear 53 year old fighter who hasn't stepped into a ring in two decades, I will only risk losing to an old man if you agree to fight me in a ruleset that you have never trained in the over half century you have been alive. One that I am considered one of the best ever to live and fight while I'm in my physical prime.", Jon Jones, 32.

8 Likes
Pugilist82 -

"Dear 53 year old fighter who hasn't stepped into a ring in two decades, I will only risk losing to an old man if you agree to fight me in a ruleset that you have never trained in the over half century you have been alive. One that I am considered one of the best ever to live and fight while I'm in my physical prime.", Jon Jones, 32.

Dear UFC Fighter,

I'm Mike Tyson.

-Mike Tyson

4 Likes

Mike is 53.

Shut up and fight a UFC Heavyweight Jones.

9 Likes
onepunchJD -

Mike is 53.

Blaydes, ngannou,  DC, Stipe - would be a dream come true.

1 Like
Argonaut -
onepunchJD -

Mike is 53.

Blaydes, ngannou,  DC, Stipe - would be a dream come true.

Blaydes???     You must have fell asleep in rd1

1 Like

The old man is dangerous, and, a fight is a fight, anything can happen. Pappy Tyson could win both by violent KO. 

R1WARRIOR - 

The old man is dangerous, and, a fight is a fight, anything can happen. Pappy Tyson could win both by violent KO. 

would looooove to see this

1 Like

LOL!

Jon Jones taking a page out of the Tito Ortiz handbook and asking to fight old guys.

Hey Jon, why not ask to take on a girl scout troop?

Hocky -

I’d love to see these guys do cocaine together.

I'd rather see these two do meth

1 Like
Captain Canuck -

LOL!

Jon Jones taking a page out of the Tito Ortiz handbook and asking to fight old guys.

Hey Jon, why not ask to take on a girl scout troop?

Shame on you. It's taking a book out of Tito Ortiz page.

Pugilist82 - 

I think Jones knows he would most likely lose to Tyson in Boxing. Jones’s biggest weakness has always been his boxing, and Tyson has made a career of crushing tall guys who lack power. Tyson might be old but i’m sure he still hits hard as fuck and is still explosive. I think Tyson would be the favorite in that fight, but i think its not a terrible idea for Jones to accept the challenge. Jones would make fuck you money and he does have a shot at winning.

Is Jon the new Turok?

Pugilist82 -

"Dear Jon Jones,

Don King doesn't promote me anymore. I don't need that money.

'Iron' Mike Tyson"

I’d watch the boxing match.

https://youtu.be/ZKu63ZvfFTo

Stop giving Jones attention, he’s gross.

1 Like

Jesus christ jones just shut the fuck up. Sounds like youre broke and begging lately

How awesome would it be if Tyson just flatlined him.