Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Rashad Evans"

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/10/20/1764179/jon-jones-i-will-never-fight-rashad

Absolutely not. If Rashad Evans won the belt, which I'm hoping he does, my only goal would be to be the toughest contender there is, and keep whipping butt without being champion. I'd stay at 205 and be the second best. That would be my goal. As I said, I'm hoping he wins, we're very proud of him. I couldn't [fight him], he's my mate. All my dreams and aspirations are in the light-heavyweight division, and I'm growing and getting older, but I have quite some time left in the light-heavyweight division. I have a good work ethic because of the wrestling, cutting weight comes easily to me, so I'll wait until weight-cutting becomes miserable before I step up.

Looks like silly friendships are getting in the way of good fights for us once again. What will BLAF have to say about this one?

he knows Rashad would destroy him

Andymac86 - he knows Rashad would destroy him

kneeslapper

Andymac86 - he knows Rashad would destroy him

Yup. The hype eating douchebags will snicker but they quickly forget what happens when a blue chip prospect gets thrown in the shark tank before his time.

Two words: Pyle Hathaway.

ElChupacabra1982 - Mike Tyson has a different view on friendships in combat sports.

Friends help each other get paid

And if he fought Rashad it would most likely be the same pay he gets fighting other guys

Another potentialy great fight we wont see cause of the frienship crap. They should learn from Tito and Matt....

lildragonof - Another potentialy great fight we wont see cause of the frienship crap. They should learn from Tito and Matt....

Tito and Matt aren't training partners with the same coaches. I'd even question how close they really are. Correct me if I'm wrong but Tito coached him on the show and Matt trained with him at Big Bear for a little bit, several years ago. Hardly the same as two guys who train together everyday.

CRBMoney14 - 
ElChupacabra1982 - Mike Tyson has a different view on friendships in combat sports.

And if he fought Rashad it would most likely be the same pay he gets fighting other guys

Not if Rashad had the belt... He'd most likely be able to negotiate more, as well as possible PPV percentage not to mention more money from Sponsors for a Main Event Title Shot.

I say this neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the choice of not fighting a friend. Just pointing out the fact about Title shots.

Ansari - 
lildragonof - Another potentialy great fight we wont see cause of the frienship crap. They should learn from Tito and Matt....

Tito and Matt aren't training partners with the same coaches. I'd even question how close they really are. Correct me if I'm wrong but Tito coached him on the show and Matt trained with him at Big Bear for a little bit, several years ago. Hardly the same as two guys who train together everyday.<br type="_moz" />

Tito even said he thought of Matt as a son, then he said but business is business...

i really dont think friends fighting friends makes for good fights.

damn you GREG JACKSON!!!!!!!!!

Jon Jones will be champion soon enough though...
think about it Jones vs Rua? damn im foaming at the mouth!

Deaf Forever - 
Andymac86 - he knows Rashad would destroy him

Yup. The hype eating douchebags will snicker but they quickly forget what happens when a blue chip prospect gets thrown in the shark tank before his time.

Two words: Pyle Hathaway.

Hathaway is good but he ain't no Jon Jones. Jon Jones is the 2nd coming.

That is just sad. What kind of friend would not want to see their friend be the best they could be? What happened to "May the better man win."

Well...It's a good thing Rashad won't be champ again, Jones doesn't have to worry about it.

btw Jones would fucking tool Evans

YES GUYS GET MAD

JONES VS EVANS IS THE BEST POSSIBLE MATCHUP IN THE DIVISION

Urgh....getting sick of this bullshit.

Dana should just tell guys who they are fighting and that should be that. It should be in their contract they are not allowed to turn down any fight within their weight division, or if it was for the #1 contendership or for the belt and if they were to do so, they automatically get fired, owe the UFC a figure that would be equal to the sum of money Zuffa would have made from the fight they turned down, and a block put on them signing for any rival organisation for 24 months. That's what should happen to these pricks.

It's fucking ridiculous. Jackson's obviously a great trainer, his win percentage is through the roof, but not only is he making fighters and fights a lot more boring to watch, he has this pathetic 'family' rule in their camp, where before you join you agree not in fight anyone else in the family for any any reason. It's fucking disgusting IN THE FIGHT GAME.

Then again, he didn't have a problem taking GSP when Diego was his boy, and both were contenders for Hughes' title at the same time.

Jones needs to wise the fuck up. He should realise there are millions of us out there who would kill for a tiny fraction of the fighting talent he has, yet he doesn't want to go all the way to the top. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT THEN? Why would you ever be happy with second best? Go and play basketball.

Carlos Condit said what needed to be said after UFC 120. Pity Bones can't see it.

I'm tired of this. Man up. Phone Post

Dana could just tell Jones that in order to get a title shot he needs to fight Rashad. There will not be another shot in 2 years.

His life and his decision folks... If he values stupid things like "lifelong friendships" over something as important as the ufc lhw belt... who are you to judge ?

Elvis - 
CRBMoney14 - 

Not if Rashad had the belt... He'd most likely be able to negotiate more, as well as possible PPV percentage not to mention more money from Sponsors for a Main Event Title Shot.

I say this neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the choice of not fighting a friend. Just pointing out the fact about Title shots.<br type="_moz" />

Sure but the difference between pay in fighting for the UFC title and the amount Tyson was earning for title fights is enormous.