Jon Oliver bought 15 mill of medical debt for 60k

And just forgave it all on his show.

9000 people don't have medical debt anymore in the state of Texas.
Pretty cool bloke Phone Post 3.0

Fuck, that's cool Phone Post 3.0

That whole piece blew my mind. If a Bill Gates really wants to give his money away he should spend 50 mil or so and forgive everyones debt Phone Post 3.0

But but but he said mean things about Trump and is a lefty Phone Post 3.0

Seriously though, as a Texan this is pretty neat. I actually do enjoy his show as well as his humor. Phone Post 3.0

Good on him don't agree with him on most things but this is pretty cool, then again HBO most likely footed the bill. Cool move all the same. Phone Post 3.0

Any guy who can do that is pretty decent at least. I'd buy him a waffle house breakfast anytime, he can order his hashbrowns any way he wants as long as it's happy slappy and jolapy. Nothing beats Waffle House breakfast. Phone Post 3.0

Wampa Stampah - That whole piece blew my mind. If a Bill Gates really wants to give his money away he should spend 50 mil or so and forgive everyones debt Phone Post 3.0

Gates and others could do a lot to improve this country but they seem to be focused mainly on the global poor which makes sense on a utilitarian basis.

I would like to know how to buy someone's medical debt and forgive even some of it for them. How fucking awesome would that be? If 15mill is forgiven with 60k, how much will $1000 save someone? How do you do that?

TzTinkle -
Wampa Stampah - That whole piece blew my mind. If a Bill Gates really wants to give his money away he should spend 50 mil or so and forgive everyones debt Phone Post 3.0

Gates and others could do a lot to improve this country but they seem to be focused mainly on the global poor which makes sense on a utilitarian basis.
The Gates Foundation is focused on ensuring everyone on the planet has access to food and education.

Forgive everyone's medical debt? Sure, but there should be a priority of efforts. Theirs seem to be at the bottom of the pyramid. Phone Post 3.0

Man this would be a life saver in my case! Awesome of him! Phone Post 3.0

Wampa Stampah - That whole piece blew my mind. If a Bill Gates really wants to give his money away he should spend 50 mil or so and forgive everyones debt Phone Post 3.0
Loo that's basically bill gates paying a bunch of scam money to a whole industry of shit Phone Post 3.0

Good man Phone Post 3.0

I'm wonder if that piece sparked a lot of people's interest.... Hmmm $60,000 and I have the rights to $14 million??

Love the dickface who is now outed on national TV for saying his favorite thing to do is call the boss' house. He was probably just talking shit and trying to look like a badass. Phone Post 3.0

myersei -
TzTinkle -

The Gates Foundation is focused on ensuring everyone on the planet has access to food and education.

Forgive everyone's medical debt? Sure, but there should be a priority of efforts. Theirs seem to be at the bottom of the pyramid. Phone Post 3.0
This. Jesus Christ they are focusing on real issues. Debt? Give me a fucking break with that shit. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_sakurabas ear - Any guy who can do that is pretty decent at least. I'd buy him a waffle house breakfast anytime, he can order his hashbrowns any way he wants as long as it's happy slappy and jolapy. Nothing beats Waffle House breakfast. Phone Post 3.0
Ive had it. Its fucking gross. Thats not a waffle. Fucking Waffle house is suppose to make waffles, not crepes. Limp dick bull shit. Butter isnt even real. Coffee is shit.

Denny's shits on Waffle House. Phone Post 3.0

Very cool.

xNate - 
UGCTT_sakurabas ear - Any guy who can do that is pretty decent at least. I'd buy him a waffle house breakfast anytime, he can order his hashbrowns any way he wants as long as it's happy slappy and jolapy. Nothing beats Waffle House breakfast. Phone Post 3.0
Ive had it. Its fucking gross. Thats not a waffle. Fucking Waffle house is suppose to make waffles, not crepes. Limp dick bull shit. Butter isnt even real. Coffee is shit.

Denny's shits on Waffle House. Phone Post 3.0

Denny's also shits in your mouth.

If I win the lottery....I shall do the same thing.

It's cool of Oliver to do this... but I'd point out if billionares started buying up large chunks of unpaid medical debt to pay them off, the discounted price of that debt would begin to approach the original amount owed.