Jon Stewart and Donald Rumsfeld

<!--StartFragment --> Jon Stewart had a grand old time of picking apart Rumsfeld and the media over Ray McGovern's question to "the Donald." After Rumsfeld denies saying he told us where WMD's were in Iraq. He plays the tape of Rummy telling us exactly the opposite.

Video-WMP Video-QT

Stewart: To be fair Rumsfeld probably never saw that episode of MTP...

Then as usual we get treated to a round up of the 24/7 talking heads and how they responded to McGovern. The real gem was a special done about Rumsfeld by FOX News. Showing pictures of Donald doing one-arm push-ups had me rolling. Just another fun night with The Daily Show...

That's what they want you to think.

well info says comedy central isnt the real news

so who actually did this sort of expose on rumsfeld's lie?

I saw three networks grilling McGovern over the incident.......and referring to him as a "heckler"

Where are the Rumsfeld apologists?

FAUX NEWS!

We Distort.

You Comply.

infos here, but hes not apologizing

hes blaming comedy central

Will Ferrell is still alive

I get my news from here(this forum).... or comedy central

I have very little time

Uh, no, I'm actually mocking you for actually using Comedy Central as a news provider.

who's using it as a news provider?  not me

I posted on this story long before I saw this clip on TDS

"hes blaming comedy central

Uh, no, I'm actually mocking you for actually using Comedy Central as a news provider."

This qualifies as Post of the Day. Info could not be more correct.

And now you are using The Daily Show to provide "news", right?

wrong.

Im using TDS to provide a humorous version of the actual news I already posted here http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=805624&FID=2

on Friday

Don't make this into the time you lied about Libby & Plame and I had to call you on it.

yea ok

You've repeatedly referred to The Daily Show as a news provider.

thats not what you said before

TDS is more news than 1/2 of whats on Fox News

So why not put it on that thread?

because that thread is 5 days old, and honestly TDS clips deserve their own threads, IMO

"The fact that The Daily Show gives no context, and no objective evaluation, simply enhances my point that it isn't a "news" show."

Right. Because that's what the "real" media always does. Hearst was famous for his objective evaluations.

Information is a joke

lol

"The fact that The Daily Show gives no context, and no objective evaluation, simply enhances my point that it isn't a "news" show. "

fox news isnt a real news station either than

THANK GOD for the Daily Show. A more legitimate news source than the entire FOX News Channel, or any other for that matter.

How anyone could rationalize Rumsfelds lies is beyond me... Has he said, "We believe we know where they are..." it would be a different matter. What a piece of garbage.

Information, why is it your opinion that TDS should not be used for a provider of news at all?

What about point of veiw and perspective? Don't other new providers "spin" what they produce to serve political ends or practice a type of safe reporting so they don't upset the wrong people and get into trouble? (I can't site a source, it's an opinion open for correction)

I'm thinking that TDS (understanding it's a CC tv show and may be targeting "canuck" crowds {sorry dude}still has a contribution to be made not as a news source but as an additional news perspective. Still providing, if not originally but in addition to, news.

In your opinion am I just way off here? Or do I miss the actual point....

(I would use word before submitting but, it always jacks up my formatting so, look past any gramatical issues)