Jones : 10 Million is NOT enough

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/31/jon-jones-francis-ngannou-ufc-contract-fight-10-million/?fbclid=IwAR24cizlVWveM1MchR-9WW4-Py2inpRjlLnkJ88WjRoveCbqpjCTdE65NUQ

The negotiating is underway ... but Jon Jones says $10 MILLION is simply not enough cash to get him in the Octagon with Francis Ngannou.

Ngannou became the UFC heavyweight champ after demolishing Stipe Miocic in a violent 2nd round victory at UFC 260 on Saturday.

Immediately after the fight, all eyes were on Jones -- widely considered the greatest UFC fighter of all time -- who tweeted, "Show me the money."

The good news ... Jones says he's been in touch with the UFC's top business guy, Hunter Campbell, and they're already discussing money.

The bad news ... Jones says the two sides are very far apart.

"I had a brief phone meeting with UFC‘s lawyer Hunter a few days ago. As of right now, I expressed to him that anywhere around eight to $10 million would be way too low for a fight of this magnitude. That’s all that has been discussed so far."

Unclear how much Jones is looking to pocket for the Ngannou fight -- but it would undoubtedly be one of the most anticipated fights in UFC history.

Jon continued ... "I’m supposed to be waiting for what their offer is going to be. Really hoping the numbers are nowhere near that low. I guess we will see what happens."

![Jon Jones to UFC, $10 Million Contract 'Way Too Low' to Fight Francis Ngannou](upload://8x193Tinz4aKuclFQa2Ywkb7txf.jpeg)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Paleeeze 

Now do you Jones fans understand? 

3 Likes

I wouldn’t consider it a fight of great magnitude. Jon Jones is washed up and on the take end of his career and will not nearly as impressive at HW.

Ngannou is a 1 trick pony who benefits greatly from the current social climate.

3 Likes

![We Have Text Messages" - Dana White Open to Lie Detector Test with Jon Jones - EssentiallySports](upload://6aAgsc2QlaNYPss2yFBvdRQHSBY.jpeg)

4 Likes

Awww, I didn't want to believe it.  Priced himself out.

2 Likes

![Bones Nose - The Memes That Came Out Of The Jon Jones Cocaine Debacle - Bloody Elbow](upload://2WDQkExhB8MMaHELWvIY3PYFQQO.jpeg)

1 Like

UFC has come a long way when fighters are turning down 8-10 million.

I am not talking about overall % paid to fighters, which is still too low. 18-20%.

But remembering when there was no money in the sport at all.

1 Like

he's right. look at who own's the ufc. they can afford it.

2 Likes
livelaughlove - 

he's right. look at who own's the ufc. they can afford it.

Maybe they can , but is he worth it ?

1 Like

Just as a comparison, Conor got $5m and PPV points against Poirer. So possibly $8m against another contender that he had an even shot against.

JJ is going up in weight to fight for the heavyweight championship against the most lethal puncher in the division. He deserves more than $8m for the challenge.

AnotherTMAguy - 

Just as a comparison, Conor got $5m and PPV points against Poirer. So possibly $8m against another contender that he had an even shot against.

JJ is going up in weight to fight for the heavyweight championship against the most lethal puncher in the division. He deserves more than $8m for the challenge.

Oh whale than , diff is Conor attracts all of Ireland and Bones attracts um ? Las Vegas .

1 Like

Winkeljohn stated in an interview that he believes this fight will generate as much as some of the big Mayweather fights lol. Says what did Floyd make, $100 million?.....He then throws out the number $50 million. He doesn't implicitly state Jon is asking for that, but he's turned down 10 already.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/zfnbGJh3-f0

There's the interview... the money talk starts at the 9:50 mark

Jones only accepts payment by the gram, not by the dollar 

2 Likes
AnotherTMAguy -

Here's the big problem there: NOBODY FUCKING ASKED HIM TO

Say you work in a factory. You run machines for $15 an hour. One day you tell your boss "I've decided I'm actually going to be the supervisor now. How much are you going to pay me? And don't say $30 an hour because that's not enough."

Uhh, go run your fucking machine. We didn't ask you to do anything else.

1 Like
Flyerfan - 

Winkeljohn stated in an interview that he believes this fight will generate as much as some of the big Mayweather fights lol. Says what did Floyd make, $100 million?.....He then throws out the number $50 million. He doesn't implicitly state Jon is asking for that, but he's turned down 10 already.

Winkle%

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/derrick-lewis-reacts-to-the-news-jon-jones-wants-8-to-10-million-to-fight-francis-ngannou/