JONES: ANDERSON SUPERFIGHT IS STILL ON FOR 2014

“Watching UFC 162 (when Anderson was KO’d inside five minutes) was crazy,” he recalls to FO. “Just sitting there and registering something like that is mind blowing. To see a great champion and an entire legacy just end like that, it was humbling. It lets you know that it can happen to anyone. You’ve got to take everything and everyone seriously and you’ve got to respect the sport.

“But at the same time I still believe Anderson can come back. He’s still has it and he just got caught basically.”

On the superfight:

“All Anderson has to do is win his next fight (Weidman rematch, UFC 168) decisively and there’s the interest right there. It’s still on, the superfight,” he says.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/19794-jones-anderson-superfight-is-still-on-for-2014

Of course Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Of course Phone Post

I still want to see it, but I wouldn't say "of course" since a) it's a superfight lol and b) Dana basically killed it.

Pitbull3744 - It would be great but Jones would just take him down and work him i think.

Very possible, and he would be the favorite. However, Silva is a wizard standing.

They are two of the greatest, most exiting fighters in mixed martial arts history that is enough justification for me- when they are one weight class apart that's.

I'll watch the fight but I wouldn't feel too good seeing Andy go against a beast on Jones' level when even Weidman makes him sleep. Going to hurt alot against Jones, TKO elbows round 1.

DatSpider - 
Pitbull3744 - It would be great but Jones would just take him down and work him i think.

Very possible, and he would be the favorite. However, Silva is a wizard standing.

They are two of the greatest, most exiting fighters in mixed martial arts history that is enough justification for me- when they are one weight class apart that's.

the only problem is the stronger grappler is the one that's bigger.

If anderson gets taken down by good wrestlers in his own division, JJ will definitely take him down, and his GNP is vicious.

Jones wins in the first unless Anderson can catch him in an armbar Phone Post

shaqitup - 
DatSpider - 

If anderson gets taken down by good wrestlers in his own division, JJ will definitely take him down, and his GNP is vicious.

True.

Anderson's defensive BJJ is very good though, rarely takes real damage.

the islander - 

Jones wins in the first unless Anderson can catch him in an armbar Phone Post

Hilarious. Besides Chael Sonnen, remind me of elite fighters Jones have finished in the first.

DatSpider - 
shaqitup - 
DatSpider - 

True.

He's never fought a guy like JJ though, the elbows Jones throws nobody really can mimic in training camp...if it hits the ground with Jones on top the fight isn't going to end well for the Spider.

Not a fan of this fight for several reasons, and won't be buying the PPV.

I don't think JBJ finishes Anderson in the 1st round, but a finish is inevitable. I think it would be interesting to see what approach Anderson would take when he knows if JBJ gets a hold of him that he's going to get the beating of his life. I bet we won't see none of that back against the cage non-sense that he pulled on Bonnar and Weidman.

I think a huge majority of MMA fans know how this one turns out. JBJ by brutal tko or submission in the 2nd or 3rd round. Anderson is a great champion, but JBJ is the worst matchup possible for him. Phone Post 3.0

DatSpider -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Of course Phone Post

I still want to see it, but I wouldn't say "of course" since a) it's a superfight lol and b) Dana basically killed it.

Dana says a lot of things as a promoter. If he's can work out everything from both sides they'll make the fight. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
DatSpider -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Of course Phone Post

Dana says a lot of things as a promoter. If he's can work out everything from both sides they'll make the fight. Phone Post

Well, he couldn't work out everything from both sides in the past when both super fights were incredible hot, and he basically promised us them both.

Legacy end? Fuck, always says the wrong thing. Sincerely hope Anderson destroys Jon someday. Phone Post

Ok. Silva needs to win the rematch. But is Jones forgetting he should win his upcoming fight also before he starts talking about Silva's rematch. And really, Its not Jones or Silva who decide their fight is a superfight. The FANS decide if its a superfight or just a fight. So all this crying about superfight and superfight callouts. Just phucking fight each other and the fans will decide if this is a superfight.

I would be shocked if Silva accepted a fight with Bones.

jagen - 
DatSpider - 
shaqitup - 
DatSpider - 

True.

He's never fought a guy like JJ though, the elbows Jones throws nobody really can mimic in training camp...if it hits the ground with Jones on top the fight isn't going to end well for the Spider.

Not a fan of this fight for several reasons, and won't be buying the PPV.

Won't be buying the PPV?
let me ask you, are you lying, or stupid? Which is it?

Regardless of what reasons you have of not liking this fight, 1) It would be historical. 2) There would be other great fights on the card most likely worthy of main event status. 3) Nobody can say how this fight is going to go for sure.

So again I ask, are you lying about not ordering this fight? Or just stupid?

Authority Figure - 

Legacy end? Fuck, always says the wrong thing. Sincerely hope Anderson destroys Jon someday. Phone Post

Nice catch.Anderson is still fighting to my knowledge.

Xspur- Agreed.How can you call yourself a fan and not want to see it?

Never happen. IF Silva wewre to reclaim the title there would be a rubbermatch between him and Wiedman, or Anderson would retire. He can't beat Jones adn he knows it.