Jones: Dana's no sensei, so whatever

I don't know what it is and I know how u fair this sounds, but it seems like almost everything Jones says is annoying on some level.

The weird thing is I understand what he's trying to get across, and on some level it's kind of a valid point, but the words he chooses and the weird things he throws in there like how he wants to be remembered as a "positive force and light to the sport" fucking annoy me!

Quit with the persecution complex, Dana talks you up just fine (usually), and that means a lot because we all know how Dana can talk out of both sides of his mouth as a promoter. You're seeing a pretty unprecedented amount of press coverage (NY Times article) and you're the champ. Like a previous poster said, stop with the "woe is me" and keep doing what you're doing, then nobody will be able to deny what you can do in the octagon. Phone Post 3.0

temujen - I don't know what it is and I know how u fair this sounds, but it seems like almost everything Jones says is annoying on some level.

The weird thing is I understand what he's trying to get across, and on some level it's kind of a valid point, but the words he chooses and the weird things he throws in there like how he wants to be remembered as a "positive force and light to the sport" fucking annoy me!

Quit with the persecution complex, Dana talks you up just fine (usually), and that means a lot because we all know how Dana can talk out of both sides of his mouth as a promoter. You're seeing a pretty unprecedented amount of press coverage (NY Times article) and you're the champ. Like a previous poster said, stop with the "woe is me" and keep doing what you're doing, then nobody will be able to deny what you can do in the octagon. Phone Post 3.0

How do you feel about kanye west?

How about treyvon martin rip.

temujen - I don't know what it is and I know how u fair this sounds, but it seems like almost everything Jones says is annoying on some level.

i dont think you can deny what he has done in the octagon no matter how much you hate him out side of it.

Tilla - 
Dead President - Does he really think he hasn't gone full heel? Phone Post 3.0

He hasn't.

It's just that he comes across as that much of a geniune dick that you THINK he is a heel.

I love how he hasn't "given up on the people". We still have a chance to be his fans! God, I love his talent, but he such an out of touch with reality asshole! He truly has no idea why people hate him. I wish he would go full heel, at least then he'd be playing up to get people to hate him. I don't hate him, but when he eventually loses, I won't be upset. I might even smile a little waiting for the excuses to start. Until then, I'll just enjoy watching him fight and try to not listen to any of his interviews.

Fuck yeah Jon Jones.

bigtreechris - 
Molsonmuscle360 -
bigtreechris - 
Stephen Holder - Maybe something I'm not aware of prompted Dana White to say Barao is the p4p best but I wasn't under the impression that it was somehow a jab at Jones. Who knows.

lol I have a feeling this wont end well for Helwani if Dana wasn't intending to slight Jones. Man what a little fucking Weasel haha.
It's funny how in one interview Dana says Barao is the best p4p fighter in the world, and in the next interview say he's in the process of beginning a star.

He's either the best in the world, or not good enough to be a star by UFC standards. Phone Post 3.0

How good you are has nothing to do with how big of a star you are.  I bet if you went to fight week, and looked at the autograph lines, you would see that someone like Roy Nelson has a much longer line then Barao.  Barao is easily the hardest champ in the UFC to market.  He hardly speaks english, he's humble, and he looks like Nosferatu.   The only thing he's got going for him with the American market is that he startches fools.  Sometimes that just isn't enough.

I understand his talent doesn't mean star power. Despite his language barrier and humbleness, the UFC could still promote him. If Ronda farts in public it's on the front page of every mma media site, but the rest of these guys barely get that exposure unless they have a fight coming up, and even then there only pushing the main and co-main in the media.

If Dana spent as much time promoting his fighters top to bottom versus talking about an imaginary street fight between Rousey and Mayweather, he could probably turn the majority of these fighters into household names, if not stars. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, I totally agree there needs to be a push with these guys.  But the thing is, the MMA media sites go with what gets them clicks, because that's what makes them money.  Ronda makes everyone money, Barao makes money when he's in Brazil and that's about it.  He's been on a ton of cards, Dana has always pumped his tires, but he doesn't catch on.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Renan%20Barao%2C%20%2Fm%2F04gttgp%2C%20%2Fm%2F05bzyf3%2C%20%2Fm%2F04t45f%2C%20%2Fm%2F0bby4wn&cmpt=q

Just take a look at this quick google trends chart I threw together.  Barao is at the bottom of the barrel.  Hell only Weidman has popped higher then Ronda, even B.J in his prime didn't get as many searches as them.   Money is the driving force in every business.

Johnny Mclain - Jon is a lot like Tito
This

Translation - Jon Jones is retarded Phone Post 3.0

I sometimes feel kinda bad for Jon.
Sure he's arrogant, smug and cocky but c'mon, he's a fucking fighter... He's inevitably gonna have those qualities.

He's also a damn good fighter so maybe he's a little cockier than others. He seems like a nice enough guy though. He's articulate, intelligent and a great performer and talent.

I saw that interview with Ariel and the thing that makes the situation a little sad is that Jon seems to really want people to like him. Hopefully as he matures people will embrace him a little more. Phone Post 3.0

NutJobJim - I sometimes feel kinda bad for Jon.
Sure he's arrogant, smug and cocky but c'mon, he's a fucking fighter... He's inevitably gonna have those qualities.

He's also a damn good fighter so maybe he's a little cockier than others. He seems like a nice enough guy though. He's articulate, intelligent and a great performer and talent.

I saw that interview with Ariel and the thing that makes the situation a little sad is that Jon seems to really want people to like him. Hopefully as he matures people will embrace him a little more. Phone Post 3.0
That's a good way to put it. He's not a "bad" guy, just says the wrong shit sometimes and comes off a bit hypocritical which is awful when you think you're coming off as positive.

Regardless, he's going to make pretty short work of Glover tonight. Hopefully it's not too one-sided of an affair. Phone Post 3.0