Jones declines Chael, but wants Lyoto=good

I had to ask myself, why would Jones turn this fight down? Easier paycheck.

Seems like most everyone would've been fine if Jones fought Chael.

But Jones is instead, opting to fight in 3 weeks against a much more credible light heavyweight in Lyoto Machida.

Jones already beat Lyto, is he confident he can beat him again? Is this an easier fight for him in his mind?

Seems to me, it'd be easier to beat Chael than to beat Lyoto. Do we shun Jones for choosing Lyoto in 3 weeks vs Chael in 8 days?

I hope Lyoto KO's Jones so bad.

Wood chip that ass

lyoto is more dangerous, but as far as i am concerned, its far too soon for that rematch

lyoto was the first pick for the fight, but he couldnt do it..chael was the second option

jones did not want to fight anyone on "8 days notice:"

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -  lyoto was the first pick for the fight, but he couldnt do it..chael was the second option

jones did not want to fight anyone on "8 days notice:"

Are you under the belief that Jones declined a fight against Machida for 151?

Because I don't think you believe that. I think you know that it was Machida who declined the fight on 8 days notice, but you're just trying to find a place for your being upset.

tumn - I hope Lyoto KO's Jones so bad.

Wood chip that ass

. Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL3LsOZfvIU&feature=player_detailpage#t=908s

The fans win in this situation. The reshuffled cards will be much better. The LHW title fight will be much more competitive. A much more just opponent will get the opportunity to win it. Chael had NO FUCKING BUSINESS even to be mentioned to get this fight. Plus, this undercard sucked and should have been scrapped, anyhow (that said, all those fighters should get paid their show $ from the UFC. It's horse shit to blame their nonpayment on Jones; that is a just wrong.)

Why would the UFC even consider giving Chael a title shot? Dana shot down the Mark Hunt vs JDS thing because "it didnt make sense", yet a guy with a big mouth who cant get the belt at 185, coming straight off of a loss should get a 205 belt title shot? WTF

He didn't want Lyoto. "High risk, low reward".

Non N00B - Why would the UFC even consider giving Chael a title shot? Dana shot down the Mark Hunt vs JDS thing because "it didnt make sense", yet a guy with a big mouth who cant get the belt at 185, coming straight off of a loss should get a 205 belt title shot? WTF

Because Chael was literally the only person who was willing to step up and take the fight.  Dana probably would have given us the Hunt fight if everyone else said no to JDS.  I'm sure he called every top-5 LHW that could make 205 in 8 days (which really isn't many of them)

He should have had somebody ready to go that isnt a middle of the pack 185er incase Hendo or Jones got injured.

If Jones would have DEMOLISHED Chael, everybody would say "blah, he beat a 185er that couldnt even win the belt in that class", if it were even slightly competitive, people would say "Jones sucks bro, see how the 185er gave him trouble". Whats the point. Why should Chael of all people even be anywhere near a title shot when Dana just said the other day that "Sonnen wont be talking his way into a 205 shot"