Jones: Fight with Silva will happen 'for sure'

This thread is full of butthurt. Phone Post 3.0

Ip Man 81 - 
Thug Life - Also, let's say Silva fans want to play the "Silva doesn't want to jeopardize his friends' chances at the LHW belt".
OK.....Silva somehow beats Jones @ 205 and wins the belt (granted they signed for a title fight, remember they could sign for a non-title fight)....

Silva can just vacate it. Boom. Done. Now Rogerio can still make that run that we all see him doing....

The UFC would not allow Silva to fight and win the 205 title and then just vacate it...come on dude use some common sense. Phone Post 3.0

I hope you're not serious.

They would absolutely let Silva vacate the title if that was the only hangup to making the biggest fight in UFC history.

If GSP said he wanted to fight Silva for the MW title and then retire you think they would say no?

JROTT - 

I live in Vancouver, 99.3 is my favorite station. They ask every person the cut/uncut question.. Anyway, my real reason for posting is because of Jon saying he'd fight Andy. To me it just shows he's getting really cocky.. Still an awesome fighter, but for him to finally come out and say that just shows his confidence is at an all time high.. But the difference between him and Andy is that Silva doesn't need to say anything, he already knows he's the shit and would probably win the fight anyways Phone Post

It never ceases to amazing me. Anderson says "combat can happen" and this place goes apeshit. Jones says he'd take the fight that everybody is clamoring for, and it's more proof that he's cocky and arrogant.

Has anyone actually asked Andy what weight he prefers? Maybe he'd rather fight at 205 anyways, to cut barely any weight and be fresher, so if he actually won nobody could say shit Phone Post

Ip Man 81 - 
da Vinci 81 -
Ip Man 81 - 
Thug Life - Also, let's say Silva fans want to play the "Silva doesn't want to jeopardize his friends' chances at the LHW belt".
OK.....Silva somehow beats Jones @ 205 and wins the belt (granted they signed for a title fight, remember they could sign for a non-title fight)....

Silva can just vacate it. Boom. Done. Now Rogerio can still make that run that we all see him doing....

The UFC would not allow Silva to fight and win the 205 title and then just vacate it...come on dude use some common sense. Phone Post 3.0

I hope you're not serious.

They would absolutely let Silva vacate the title if that was the only hangup to making the biggest fight in UFC history.

If GSP said he wanted to fight Silva for the MW title and then retire you think they would say no?
Retirement is different, Dana has said multiple times he would never get in the way of retirement. Phone Post 3.0

Why would he be more open to allowing either of them to win another belt and then retire as opposed to winning a belt and moving back down afterward?

As much as I think and want Anderson Silva to be the GOAT I think every day that goes by Jones has the edge on winning. Maybe not finishing but winning. 1. Greg Jackson 2. Reach 3. He's actually been threatened in his fights and its seemed like years since AS looked challenged, 4. Jones is athletically gifted and possibly just as creative, 5. Youth, 6. Size... Jones has a knack for keeping distance and I could also see him easily controlling a top position. I'd root for AS, but more advantages seem to be on Jones side

Your whole argument stems from the fact of not allowing one to win a title and then vacate it without defending it yet that would be EXACTLY what gsp would be doing by retiring in the same scenario. That title becomes vacated whether someone retires or changes divisions afterward either way. Phone Post 3.0

Fight should be at 205 for Jones' belt, assuming he has it at the time. Phone Post 3.0

It has to happen this year or Andserson may just tip over the top of the hill. There should be no excuses, do it this year @ either 195 or 205 and lets see who is the best.

Thug Life - 
JROTT - 

Has anyone actually asked Andy what weight he prefers? Maybe he'd rather fight at 205 anyways, to cut barely any weight and be fresher, so if he actually won nobody could say shit Phone Post

Silva saying 193lb catch-weight vs Jones is proof he wants an advantage. He knows Jones would be at more of a disadvantage if he had to cut 13 more lbs.

Either that, or it's a negotiation tactic. Maybe both.

@lpWoman81

You outed yourself as the someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, saying Silva was asked to move up.
Irvin: Silva wanted to "test the waters" at LHW.
Griffin: Silva took another fight at LHW.
Bonnar: he "saved the show".

The Bonnar fight was the only time Silva could have been considered "asked" to fight at LHW.

The other two he willfully chose. I also wasn't one of the people who said "Griffin is going to smash Silva!" back then.
I knew Griffin would get murked, and he did. Silva knew this too, which is why he took that fight.

You also outed yourself as a blind loyalist, devoid of any legit opinion on this matter because you ended your whining with "when Silva beats him (Jones)".

A little arrogant, I'd say.

FoxNoobs gonna foxnoob.

VTFU

AS is a great 205er and fought there a few times already. Talk of catch weight is BS. It can be a non-title fight. No one gives a fuck in that fight, we just want the fight.

First I wanna say reading this has been a awesome way to start my retirement from the military. Anyways, I am a huge Anderson fan bu to do think the only chance he has is at a smaller catchweight. Jbj a animal, his wrestling and throws are unreal, as far as Anderson's tDd has come i still tuink its not at a level that cant stop JBJ. So I would really like a catch weight lol.

thug life is on point in this thread.

and bando sounds like the only logical and realistic andy fan.

imo. and for the record im a fan of both andy and jon.

Silva demolishes CW and Bones KO's Chael. Silva challenges GSP, he declines. Jones says he'll fight Silva, fight happens (hopefully in MSG). Silva vacates the title, AS vs JJ is for the 205 belt. Machida for the 185 belt as the co main. Oh yeah 1st UFC sponsored by Nike (Nike's gonna sign Machida calling it now)

UGCTT_nightkap - 
downthepines - This is the ultimate superfight, Anderson has had a ton of sucsess against many different styles, but this is the end of anderson silvas run. It will be in devastating fashion aswell

Silva, in all his fights in the UFC has never been beat in "devastating" fashion...he's never lost there....we've never seen a drop of Silva blood...
What makes anyone think it'll happen against jbj I dont know.
And as far as everyone bein able to take him down...his tdd is light years ahead of what it was. Bonnars roided ass couldn't take him down....its not as easy as that. Phone Post

Silva was taken down and controlled in the rematch w/ Sonnen as well...Bonnar was ragdolled and tossed about by JBJ....Silva will get taken down by JBJ..Question is can JBJ finish him from there. Anderson is ultra durable, skilled, and may have the best chin in MMA...On the feet JBJ will be much bigger, lengthier, physical, and, athletic, and talented than anyone Anderson has ever faced in the ring...JBJ in turn will be facing the saviest best skilled fighter of his entire career.

WOW @ this fight

LOL @ 195lbs being fair

Anderson is the 185lb champ and is very VERY accostomed to making that cut...He would actually be stronger at 195lbs.

Jon Jones as EEEEEEEEEVERYONE knows is a HUGE LHW....Everyone says he's a HW, etc...By this logic the 205lb cut must be killing him...He would be like a gigantic cracked out meth head @ the 195lb cut. Weakest verion of Jon Jones we would ever see.

Anderson is CLEARLY incredibly effective and strong at 205lbs and he has already proven 3 times. All 3 times he has gone in there and OWNED against big ass LHW's...clowning a former champ in the process...If anything Anderson Silva looks a great deal more effective, powerful, and able to dominate, and finish quickly at 205lbs...IMO he has looked his absolute best and most dominat at 205lbs, not 185.

Jon Jones has never fought at 195lbs. He should not start w/ a stronger version of Anderson Silva while he himself would be at his absolute weakest.

SKARHEAD - LOL @ 195lbs being fair

Anderson is the 185lb champ and is very VERY accostomed to making that cut...He would actually be stronger at 195lbs.

Jon Jones as EEEEEEEEEVERYONE knows is a HUGE LHW....Everyone says he's a HW, etc...By this logic the 205lb cut must be killing him...He would be like a gigantic cracked out meth head @ the 195lb cut. Weakest verion of Jon Jones we would ever see.

Anderson is CLEARLY incredibly effective and strong at 205lbs and he has already proven 3 times. All 3 times he has gone in there and OWNED against big ass LHW's...clowning a former champ in the process...If anything Anderson Silva looks a great deal more effective, powerful, and able to dominate, and finish quickly at 205lbs...IMO he has looked his absolute best and most dominat at 205lbs, not 185.

Jon Jones has never fought at 195lbs. He should not start w/ a stronger version of Anderson Silva while he himself would be at his absolute weakest.

dont bring common sense and logic in here