Jones/Gane or GSP/Bisping? Which is the more shameless attempt to poach a second title?

GSP waited silently in the wings for years to poach that MW title and blind Bisping was the perfect candidate. GSP wanted none of MW Silva during his run. He fled the division the day after he beat Bisping with a medical excuse.

Jones has been lurking in the shadows for no apparent reason and his return was announced the day it was announced Francis was leaving and now signed to fight Gane who couldn’t stuff a sandwich, and will only commit to fighting again if it’s against the Stipe, who is now over 40 and withered away.

at least GSP was a small-med sized ww going up to mw, pico jones had been heavyweighted for ages

1 Like

and bisping wasn’t coming off of a loss right?

1 Like

but both gane and bisping are europeans with no wrestling. it’s a pretty good comparison.

Ragin Al vs Khabib

4 Likes

220 lbs is what Jan weighs in at. No one is calling Jan a HW. Pereira weighs in at 215 on fight night IIRC, is he a HW too?

2 Likes

I see the GSP situation being a far worse example, but since it’s being done by a much better person people are creating this narrative. Jones is fighting a guy with two eyes and he hasn’t just retired with the belt after winning it yet so I don’t see Jon being that bad. Gane is a good test either way and Jones could get knocked out, who knows.

/threadclosed

How low IQ do you have to be to even joke about a last minute replacement because an opponent didn’t show up to be a poach?

GSP and Jones literally waited years to build their legacies with shameless poaches and are rightfully being called out for it.

How can you call arguably the GOATs shameless and poaching titles?

These guys laid it on line and went up and are trying to be destined for greatness?

What do you want them to do sit there ? Or move up when u want them too?

Silly F*cking thread!

This is bashing !

MR. C

How long has jones said he’ll move to heavyweight again? How many teases has he made during the “break”?

1 Like

At least GSP beat someone who actually WON the belt by beating the champion. Jones isn’t fighting the HW champ. He’s fighting another contender for a vacant title.

3 Likes

Jones was 220lbs at LHW. That is not HW sized like you said. Why are you changing the topic

he was 255lbs in 2021, the same year you joined, is that not heavyweighted to you?

you’re the one changing the topic (Jones or GSP)

Jones hasn’t been HW sized for “ages”. That’s as much as I refuted you.

2021 isn’t ages ago

You know how pointless this is? What’s the universal meaning of ages that everyone agrees on? I mean if you understand what I’m trying to say we can both move on

I don’t understand, or I just disagree with Jones being a HW sized fighter. He’s very tall and rangy, but still a LHW. He looks all puffy and soft as a HW. Jones messed up on gaining mass. He could have been a lean and jacked 235 lbs, maybe 240lbs.

Low body fat does not = optimum performance at HW unless you’re a giant HW cutting to 265.

I just think the more natural, the better. Jones is naturally a more lean dude. That’s why I think a lean 235lbs Jon is better than a 255lb Jon. That just seems unnatural.