"Jones Has Three fights Left in Him - Will Run Though Stipe "

The combat world is still waiting to see if Jon Jones will finally make his Heavyweight debut later this year, which is currently rumored to be against former 265-pound champion, Stipe Miocic.

The former Light Heavyweight champion of the world hasn’t competed since defeating Dominick Reyes in Feb. 2020, and then subsequently vacating his title six months later. “Bones” has been busy building his body up to make the transition to the 265-pound division, and one of his training partners — Yorgan De Castro — says he has what it takes to take out the biggest and best of them.
According to “The Mad Titan,” Jones is so good everywhere that it’s going to be hard for any Heavyweight to take him out.

“It would have to be someone with good ground game, like Fabricio Werdum, to maybe give him some problem on the ground,” said De Castro in an interview with MMA Fighting. “I don’t see anyone else at heavyweight with a good enough wrestling or ground game. And if they have good wrestling, Jones will be superior on the feet,” he added.

De Castro feels a Stipe Miocic showdown would be great for Jones’ debut, but it won’t end well for the former 265-pound title holder.
“The Stipe fight will be perfect. Stipe weighs the same and has good boxing. I think Jones will run through Stipe,” he added. “I think [Jones] will take him down and win by TKO. He’s been waiting two years for this. He’s walking around at 255 pounds but is so strong. And cardio will be the key. He has so much cardio. He hits pads for two hours and doesn’t slow down.”
As far as a fight against Francis Ngannou, De Castro obviously goes with Jones, as well, but says the chances of that fight happening are pretty slime given “The Predator’s” injury that will likely keep him out another year.

Furthermore, De Castro says Jon has mentioned to him that he will likely fight three more times before he calls it a career.

“Ngannou will be out nine months to fix his knee and then needs six more months in camp,” De Castro said. “Jon Jones will already be 35, and Francis will be, what? I think Jones fights once or twice more. He told me he’ll fight three times and that’s it. But if he does fight [Ngannou], it’s hard to go against Jones.
“I don’t see anyone touching the man. His wrestling is very, very, very good. His jiu-jitsu is great, he trains with Roberto Alencar at Gracie Barra. And it’s hard to touch him [on the feet]. His distance is great. I don’t think I’ve touched him once. [Laughs.] I walked forward and never touched him. He’s mean, has some techniques that are f****** great. I think he’ll put Ngannou on the ground and will with his cardio, too.”

Of course, retirement plans can change in the blink of an eye, but if “Bones” manages to capture the title along the way, he could very well decide to walk out on top as the champion to end his storied — yet complicated — career on a high note.

With JBJ there is always a 50+% chance the fight will be cancelled.

In some ways, JBJ’s biggest differentiating and most frustrating talent is his ability to continually find new and unique ways to derail his career.

5 Likes

I like Jon. When he’s on he’s on but he’s seriously his own worst enemy. Nothing is a for sure thing though against Stipe, that’s just silly talk.

1 Like

If Jones looks anything like he did in his last two fights, Stipe wins an easy UD or gets a KO.

1 Like

What do you think, did he win against Reyes ? In your opinion?

What do you think, did he win against Reyes ? In your opinion?

I don’t remember how I scored that one but I do remember that it was razor close and Jones didn’t look good. More importantly, I don’t think Reyes is really elite and his true level has shown since then. He got owned by Jan and Jiri.

1 Like

He’s walking around at 255 pounds but is so strong. And cardio will be the key. He has so much cardio, hE hits Pads for twO hours and doesn’t slow down.” - Yorgan De Castro

3 Likes

All due respect to De Castro, he went 1-3 in the UFC, including a loss to Greg Hardy.

Of course he’s going to put his teammate over; I wouldn’t say his opinion has too much value.

5 Likes

Bingooooooo

2 Likes

Didn’t Jones wrestle with some all American or something like that att Triple C gym. And he was schooled.
And this dude here isn’t to much hyping up Jones wresting ?
Jones has only been able to take down smaller guys .

And like you you say that fight was razor thin.
You can’t shit on jones accomplishments, butt was the division catching up?

How did Rakic look to you the other night?

To be fair, getting schooled against a wrestler at wrestling isn’t he same as wrestling in MMA.

1 Like

Fixed it

2 Likes

Also he’s on steroids

2 Likes

He has three fights left in him…then the PEDs will wear off.

4 Likes

Most guys retire when they get old and can’t compete anymore.

Jon will retire when he’s out of picograms.

3 Likes