Jones: I would jump at a superfight with Weidman

Anyone know if Jones did this interview as "Twitter Jones" or "Good credit voice Jones"? Context makes a difference.

I Wild Each It - 
Lick Boners - 
I Wild Each It - 
Chaelismyhero - Jon better steer clear of Weidman. He would get mauled.

I agree. Chris is strong a fucking ox, has the reach, good wrestling, and far superior BJJ. I don't think Jones knows what he would be getting into.

Sorry for seeming to attack you once again but come on man, give Jones some respect. Weidman can't win the fight anywhere for godsakes, this coming from a Chris fan(might be my favorite fighter at the moment)

No problem my brother. I don't look at it as attacking me...just differing opinions, to promote discussion. Jones could definitely win the fight, but he has enjoyed a pretty serious size and reach advantage in all of his fights in the UFC, except Gus. Guys like Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Glover all had to get inside to win, and they couldn't because of the fear of getting taken down and their face rearranged. Therefore, they were forced to stand on the outside and play Jones' game.

The one guy that had the reach to compete (Gus), put it on Jon pretty good (although he did lose the fight). A guy like Weidman not only has the reach to fight at Jones' range, but he has one punch KO power, and wrestling and BJJ to finish the fight on the ground (unlike Gus). That's why I would like Chris in that fight. I've already stated why I like DC. I am not so sure that I would like Rumble against Jones though. It's about styles and I'm not so sure Rumble has the style to beat Jon.

Regarding Weidman/Glover...I think it would go a lot like Jones/Glover went, but Chris wouldn't play around on the feet, to try and prove a point like Jon did. I think Chris would take him down, use his size and wrestling to control Glover on the ground, and finish him there.

I dont think weidman can take Jon down and I also believe Jon has better striking, He dealt with a guy who hits much harder and has much better striking (in gus and Glover) and beat both of them. If anything jon will put chris on his back and smash his face in with elbows.

Regarding weidman/glover

jon had a hard time taking glover down, i believe Jon is the much better and stronger wrestler than chris. Even when jon did manage to take glover down, glover got back up to his feet pretty quickly. I dont see chris being able to hold glover down based of this reason. Even if he can, glover has good bjj. Glover is an aggressive fighter who has better boxing, and i dont think chris will do well when he faces an aggressive striker with good hands, who also happens to have good wrestling defense.

all in all i think weidman will have his work cut out at mw, and will probably lose the belt soon. Probably not to vitor but someone else. I dont think weidman will ever move up because he will be busy competing in the mw division.

I don't see Chris losing the title for a long time. He'll destroy Vitor, likely fight Jacare next and win that fight...then who? Rockholt? He'll win that fight as well.

I don't see anyone @ 185 dethroning him for quite some time, which is why I do believe a superfight with Jones is possible. Unfortunately, I think DC fucks those plans all to shit on the 27th.

Im sure Weidman/Jones would be similar sizes if they ever fought and Id like to see down the road

But Jones is 6'4 230 he should be looking to heavyweight

If Jones beats Cormier and Gus and Cain keeps winning both 205 and HW will be looking thin for contenders

Jones/Cain is a true superfight on level of Anderson/GSP that MMA always criticized boxing for not making and now doesnt make themselves

I always root for JBJ and Weidman.

I'd rather not have them fight...yet.

Right now, JBJ takes it (somewhat easily) I think.

Lol the hate for Jones clearly overrides reading comprehension I see. Jones said earlier he thought he needed to fight more guys. He fights Lyoto and wins and now Jones is saying he would take the fight. Weidman is legit and he knows it. Also he initially said the fight with Cain would be the only real super fight. Where is he ducking Cain or calling out the smaller Weidman? Phone Post 3.0

^JBJ can't win (the fight yes).

When he helps an elderly cross the street they'll say he's fake and was only in the way.

Can't win I tell ya.

Lick Boners - Big fan of Chris but he has nothing for Jones in my opinion, Jones is just a bigger better version of him with exponentially better standup skills.

"If Chris gets it to the ground he absolutely finishes Jon down there."

I mean Chris is good but what would give you that idea?

Jones has "exponentially better standup skills" than the guy who outstruck Anderson fuckin' Silva on the feet. . . twice?

^Maybe not exponentially but I always thought Silva was a bit overrated and definitely old.

His ground game did nothing for him and Weidman's spacing was much better on the stand-up which nullified Silva's vaunted strikes.

Just like Anderson Silva calling out GSP, Jones calling out the smaller weight class while refusing the higher weight class.

RobbieRuthlesslyBatteredMyBrownEye - So the guy who barely makes 205 wants to fight the 185lbs champion. Sweet. Meanwhile Cain is sitting at HW in what would be an actual Super Fight.

I'm starting to get sick of fighters calling people out in lower weight classes. If Jones wants to fight at 185lbs fine. Otherwise why even talk about it? Phone Post 3.0
I don't think he was calling out Weidman. He was asked based in Weidman, sort of calling Jones out in a respectful way and Jon was respectful back. Actually, Jones didn't think Weidman wasn't a super fight match for him a few months back but now, after beating Lyoto, he feels that he has made a bigger name for himself that it is worthy of a super fight. Before that, he mentioned that Cain would be the only super fight for him.

Aside Weidman is a huge MW, as you can see when he fought Machida.

The hate on Jon is getting stronger no matter what the man say. Phone Post 3.0

Bones knows that Uncle Dana would never allow it.

BJ Penn is Irish - I'm all for super fights but FFS they both have a lot of great matchups in their own divisions (albeit Weidman more so than Jones). Phone Post 3.0

After Vitor how many more interesting match ups are there for Weidman at 185?  Rockhold is probably the toughest test left.  But after that, then what?  

Why is Jon Jones always wanting to fight smaller fighters?

I Wild Each It - I don't see Chris losing the title for a long time. He'll destroy Vitor, likely fight Jacare next and win that fight...then who? Rockholt? He'll win that fight as well.

I don't see anyone @ 185 dethroning him for quite some time, which is why I do believe a superfight with Jones is possible. Unfortunately, I think DC fucks those plans all to shit on the 27th.

People said that about Jones and look, now there is DC and Gustafsson. I think Romero, Rockhold and Mousasi can/will beat Weidman.

I lean more towards Romero and Rockhold than Mousasi. The reason why I believe Rockhold beats Weidman is because he trains with both cain and DC who can easily mimic chris' style. Also Luke is an aggressive striker who has good defensive grappling abilities. That includes: tdd, scrambling, and good bjj in general. I really believe an aggressive striker is what defeats Chris Weidman. Rockhold to me just has a style that will give grapplers a hard time.

Romero is starting to flourish into an elite fighter. If he dominates tim kennedy, like i expect he will, then I see Yoel being a potential contender.

I think moose can pose threats to except his tdd worries a bit.

Kid_dynamite319 -
I Wild Each It - I don't see Chris losing the title for a long time. He'll destroy Vitor, likely fight Jacare next and win that fight...then who? Rockholt? He'll win that fight as well.

People said that about Jones and look, now there is DC and Gustafsson. I think Romero, Rockhold and Mousasi can/will beat Weidman.

I lean more towards Romero and Rockhold than Mousasi. The reason why I believe Rockhold beats Weidman is because he trains with both cain and DC who can easily mimic chris' style. Also Luke is an aggressive striker who has good defensive grappling abilities. That includes: tdd, scrambling, and good bjj in general. I really believe an aggressive striker is what defeats Chris Weidman. Rockhold to me just has a style that will give grapplers a hard time.

Romero is starting to flourish into an elite fighter. If he dominates tim kennedy, like i expect he will, then I see Yoel being a potential contender.

Good post. I believe those 3 would beat weidman as well. Phone Post 3.0

daxfactor - 
Kid_dynamite319 -

I don't think any of them beat him, but that's what great about this place...people seeing things play out differently and voicing their opinions. The fight that I'm most excited about for Chris, is Jacare.

Vindell - Just like Anderson Silva calling out GSP, Jones calling out the smaller weight class while refusing the higher weight class.

Did you read the article or just start hating as soon as you saw the name Jones?

Rimbaud -
BJ Penn is Irish - I'm all for super fights but FFS they both have a lot of great matchups in their own divisions (albeit Weidman more so than Jones). Phone Post 3.0

After Vitor how many more interesting match ups are there for Weidman at 185?  Rockhold is probably the toughest test left.  But after that, then what?  

Rockhold, Jacare, and then a rematch with Machida would be my pick for next three after Vitor. All exciting fights! Phone Post 3.0

daxfactor - 
Kid_dynamite319 -

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Lets hope we are right. :D