Jones is ridiculously good

I know there is alot of Jon Jones hate going around right now, and for good reason, he displayed some serious douchery in that fight.

Jones eye pokes have been a problem for a long time, and now that Rogan and the referee finally have said something about it (even tho the ref stopped enforcing his intial call) its going to start to be a huuge topic of debate.

Now, clearly something does need to be done about that technique and I feel it will start to be enforced more from this point on,
Id love to see how jones adapts if he no longer can palm people faces, it has become a huge part of his game.

And jones celebration at the end of the fight is really going to rub people the wrong way, if your going to taunt with your hands downs, the only way people will respect it is if you actually make it impressive or entertaining in some way, but waiting until the last minuets of the fight when you have clearly won and your opponent is exhausted to start show boating like that is very disrespectful imo
If you gunna do it, do it the whole fight, dont wait until you have the edge like that

However with all that being said, Jon Jones is a fucking animal

To go toe to toe with glover like that impressed the hell out of me, he dominated glover in his own game,

Personally the only way I saw Glover winning was if he got jones against the cage and landed bombs, but Jones did just that to Glover and really outclassed him.

He also did a great job of blocking and absorbing Glovers shots, he never seemed worried or phased about the power Glover has, it also felt like Jones was for sure throwing alot less kicks in this fight, which is surprising givin glovers style.

Jones is just at a ridiculous confidence level, and he should be, he shocked everyone tonight.

Im also curious if we know for sure the palm on the forehead is illegal, because Im not entirely sure that it is, and to be honest, jones was doing that the majority of the time after he had been warned, prior to that tho he was shoving those fingers anywhere he could get em, like he has in previous fights

if the palm on the forehead is not illegal, then the only foul against Jones in this fight were the eye pokes prior to the warning, because after that it was mainly on forehead,

if palm on forehead is illegal tho Jon Jones should be givin a metal for the most fouls done in the octogon, actually even if it is legal he should get that metal, jones has utilized his middle finger more then any fighter to ever step foot in the octogon Phone Post 3.0

The confidence comes with knowing that he's physically bigger/longer then everyone in the division.

It's literally David vs Goliath everytime. Phone Post 3.0

Infamous D - The confidence comes with knowing that he's physically bigger/longer then everyone in the division.

Ummmm, no. Barao isn't the biggest/longest at BW, Aldo isn't the biggest/longest at FW, Aldo isn't the biggest/longest at FW, Pettis is not the biggest/longest at LW, Hendricks isn't the biggest/longest at WW, not sure about Weidman (definitely not the tallest), and Cain is certainly not the biggest/longest at HW. He's skilled as hell.

And to answer OP's question, I don't believe stiff arming an opponent or palming his head is illegal.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Infamous D - The confidence comes with knowing that he's physically bigger/longer then everyone in the division.

Ummmm, no. Barao isn't the biggest/longest at BW, Aldo isn't the biggest/longest at FW, Aldo isn't the biggest/longest at FW, Pettis is not the biggest/longest at LW, Hendricks isn't the biggest/longest at WW, not sure about Weidman (definitely not the tallest), and Cain is certainly not the biggest/longest at HW. He's skilled as hell.

And to answer OP's question, I don't believe stiff arming an opponent or palming his head is illegal.
Nobody ever said they were. There's no doubt or question Jones is extremely talented that's a fact not opinion. At yhe the same time it's impossible not to note that all of his tricks are being showcased against shorter opponents.

If you put me in the ring with a flyweight I guarantee you I can pull off some amazing moves. When your bigger/longer then someone your fighting it's an automatic confidence boost knowing that there not as strong or as long as you.

I'm not one of those Jones haters who jumps on every thread trying to discredit him. As long as he makes 205 he is a LHW fighter.

But let's not pretend that a big part of how he's able dominant the other fighters isn't because of his size advantage. Phone Post 3.0

Amazing fighter. Not a fan.

Infamous D -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Nobody ever said they were. There's no doubt or question Jones is extremely talented that's a fact not opinion. At yhe the same time it's impossible not to note that all of his tricks are being showcased against shorter opponents.

If you put me in the ring with a flyweight I guarantee you I can pull off some amazing moves. When your bigger/longer then someone your fighting it's an automatic confidence boost knowing that there not as strong or as long as you.

I'm not one of those Jones haters who jumps on every thread trying to discredit him. As long as he makes 205 he is a LHW fighter.

But let's not pretend that a big part of how he's able dominant the other fighters isn't because of his size advantage. Phone Post 3.0
Lol, any UFC Flyweight would beat your ass. Phone Post 3.0

IronLung11 -
Infamous D -
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

Lol, any UFC Flyweight would beat your ass. Phone Post 3.0
Probably but I would make it one round longer then you lol! Phone Post 3.0

Infamous D - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

He doesn't have a size advantage. He may have a height/reach advantage, but there are drawbacks to that too. As we all know, MMA doesn't go by height or reach classes and Jones is not an overly heavy guy. He was 218 2 months ago. That is not big for a LHW

Also, as I'm sure you've noticed from his haters, he has skinny legs. It's always funny to me when posters will say he's too big for LHW and then on the next thread make fun of him for having chicken legs. As any great athlete will tell you, power comes from hip/leg strength. It's why someone like Woodley, who has tree trunk legs, is so powerful.

This is not a case of someone like Lesnar where he cut to 265, weighed 285 at fight time, and his opponents were 230-240. Jones is the same size as most LHW's. He's taller and skinnier and they are shorter and more compact.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
Infamous D - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

He doesn't have a size advantage. He may have a height/reach advantage, but there are drawbacks to that too. As we all know, MMA doesn't go by height or reach classes and Jones is not an overly heavy guy. He was 218 2 months ago. That is not big for a LHW

Also, as I'm sure you've noticed from his haters, he has skinny legs. It's always funny to me when posters will say he's too big for LHW and then on the next thread make fun of him for having chicken legs. As any great athlete will tell you, power comes from hip/leg strength. It's why someone like Woodley, who has tree trunk legs, is so powerful.

This is not a case of someone like Lesnar where he cut to 265, weighed 285 at fight time, and his opponents were 230-240. Jones is the same size as most LHW's. He's taller and skinnier and they are shorter and more compact.
He's an amazing fighter... I think he can do big things at HW and there's more competitive match ups for him in that division. As a fan I hate paying money to see him fight against guys I know don't really have a chance to beat or even be competitive with him.

I do look forward to his next fight with Gus though. I give him the advantage but at least you know it's not going to be a walk in the park. Phone Post 3.0

I don't like the guy, but he is insanely good. Phone Post 3.0

sagemma - I know there is alot of Jon Jones hate going around right now, and for good reason, he displayed some serious douchery in that fight.

Jones eye pokes have been a problem for a long time, and now that Rogan and the referee finally have said something about it (even tho the ref stopped enforcing his intial call) its going to start to be a huuge topic of debate.

Now, clearly something does need to be done about that technique and I feel it will start to be enforced more from this point on,
Id love to see how jones adapts if he no longer can palm people faces, it has become a huge part of his game.

And jones celebration at the end of the fight is really going to rub people the wrong way, if your going to taunt with your hands downs, the only way people will respect it is if you actually make it impressive or entertaining in some way, but waiting until the last minuets of the fight when you have clearly won and your opponent is exhausted to start show boating like that is very disrespectful imo
If you gunna do it, do it the whole fight, dont wait until you have the edge like that

However with all that being said, Jon Jones is a fucking animal

To go toe to toe with glover like that impressed the hell out of me, he dominated glover in his own game,

Personally the only way I saw Glover winning was if he got jones against the cage and landed bombs, but Jones did just that to Glover and really outclassed him.

He also did a great job of blocking and absorbing Glovers shots, he never seemed worried or phased about the power Glover has, it also felt like Jones was for sure throwing alot less kicks in this fight, which is surprising givin glovers style.

Jones is just at a ridiculous confidence level, and he should be, he shocked everyone tonight.

Im also curious if we know for sure the palm on the forehead is illegal, because Im not entirely sure that it is, and to be honest, jones was doing that the majority of the time after he had been warned, prior to that tho he was shoving those fingers anywhere he could get em, like he has in previous fights

if the palm on the forehead is not illegal, then the only foul against Jones in this fight were the eye pokes prior to the warning, because after that it was mainly on forehead,

if palm on forehead is illegal tho Jon Jones should be givin a metal for the most fouls done in the octogon, actually even if it is legal he should get that metal, jones has utilized his middle finger more then any fighter to ever step foot in the octogon Phone Post 3.0
Didn't read because title says it all. VU. Phone Post 3.0

Gus has the size and skill to seriously challenge, again. Cormier has the skill and athleticism, and punching power to offer a legit challenge. After that, and after tonight, it seems clear that the light heavyweight division isn't that deep after all. It's good for the sport to have a guy raising the bar the way Jones has. By the way, the gap between a Jackson camp and those of Jones' challengers cannot be overlooked, in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Silverball - Gus has the size and skill to seriously challenge, again. Cormier has the skill and athleticism, and punching power to offer a legit challenge. After that, and after tonight, it seems clear that the light heavyweight division isn't that deep after all. It's good for the sport to have a guy raising the bar the way Jones has. By the way, the gap between a Jackson camp and those of Jones' challengers cannot be overlooked, in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
What about Anthony Johnson? I feel coming in and dominating Phil Davis like he has never been dominated before really puts him on the map as a contender for jones

Did you see how big he was! He looked like the hulk in there with phil, for sure a threat to Jones imo Phone Post 3.0

Jones is a creative fighter. And that keeps everybody guessing. His range allows to work that way and it frustrates everybody he's fighting. But it's his mind that is picking which move to try on the fly and that is pretty damn impressive. His ability to improvise from different ranges is really amazing. Obviously he is a physical specimen and is very athletic but that isn't what is winning him the fights.

He still rubs me the wrong way, but you can't deny his greatness. He seemed a little bit dazed after the fight tonight but his chin held up well.

sagemma - 
Silverball - Gus has the size and skill to seriously challenge, again. Cormier has the skill and athleticism, and punching power to offer a legit challenge. After that, and after tonight, it seems clear that the light heavyweight division isn't that deep after all. It's good for the sport to have a guy raising the bar the way Jones has. By the way, the gap between a Jackson camp and those of Jones' challengers cannot be overlooked, in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
What about Anthony Johnson? I feel coming in and dominating Phil Davis like he has never been dominated before really puts him on the map as a contender for jones

Did you see how big he was! He looked like the hulk in there with phil, for sure a threat to Jones imo Phone Post 3.0

Anthony Johnson is definitely a contender after last night's win over Davis, but as impressive as he looked against Davis, I still didn't see enough to put him up there with Gus and Cormier. I considered Glover a contender as well, but always felt that his chances were slim to none against Jones.

I'm a fan of his as a fighter, but can't stand hearing him talk. He seems to try way to hard at being professional instead of being himself. Phone Post 3.0

easedel - The one thing I don't get, he isn't really that great. When you think of great fighters, you think of their style. Aka they had great boxing, great kicks, etc.

Jones..he still comes off as "mash the special button" whenever I think about him.

Agreed.  first time he fought someone with close reach...not even as long.....just close....he was not having a good night and a case could be made that he didn't win. 

I have no problem with him using his reach and winning by doing so, but don't try to say he is a great fighter, because he truely isn't all that great.....just a decent fighter with an extraordinary reach over all the people at his weight.