Jones on Chael

The main reason I didn't take the fight is basically because I talked to my head coach, my muay thai coach and my boxing coach, they know my weaknesses and strengths, they know how my muscles react. Each coach said, straight away that they think I can win the fight but they ALSO said that the want me to be aware that the styles a different, They have different kinds of clinch games, different takedowns...

People are saying "he's brave enough to fight you, why aren't you brave enough to fight him? There's people on the street right now that would take a fight against me just to see how they would do. Let alone wanting to talk about one of the top fighters in the world wanting to fight me with absolutely nothing to lose.

People don't realize Sonnens record is 5-6.... 5-6! Why would I put my world championship on the line against a dangerous opponent but a guy who hasn't even remotely earned the title shot.

Another thing I've said in the past is that I said I would never allow Sonnen to jump the line by using his mouth and what was he doing? Jumping the line by using his mouth. The guy is a straight punk.

I'm not disappointed they didn't book the Chael fight, but his time will come and when it does, I'm going to beat him SILLY, I'm going to beat him SILLY.

So to recap I didn't fight him because he's a different fighter...he doesn't deserve to fight me...when we fight I'm going to smash him.

All aboard that logic train, no wonder his PR person quit Phone Post

Jones needs to get a PR team, not a person, a team, and put them to work FAST....

"Another thing I've said in the past is that I said I would never allow Sonnen to jump the line by using his mouth and what was he doing? Jumping the line by using his mouth. The guy is a straight punk."

That's the main thing right there.  Hooobris got the best of the young lad.

Chael really didn't deserve a title shot but Jones bitched out, it would have been easy money. 

Don't forget the gem where he states that Chael is one of the top five fighters in the world, then points out that his record is 5-6.

Jones should really stop talking. Phone Post

Facepalm Phone Post

Why create this thread?  Did you miss the other 10 threads on the first page?

EckY - Why create this thread?  Did you miss the other 10 threads on the first page?

You've been here since 2006, and you still ask this question???