Jones promoting his own fights Mayweather style...

Now and again Jon makes these anti UFC comments. If he beats DC his stock goes through the roof I think. To me he seems like the kind of guy who could break away one day and start to try and promote his own fights away from the UFC making all the cash for himself the way Mayweather does. Anyone else think this could happen one day? I'm sure the UFCs contracts absolutely tie their champs up in knots against this kind of thing but you're not telling me Jones can't have thought of this kind of thing.

Contracts. Phone Post 3.0

Well ok then :)

Hopefully it doesn't, but I envision it could down the road.

I think he'd have to lose to be able to get out of his champions contract.

Partner with rap god to create Jay-ZFC

NewOldTRT09er - Jackson's probably could Phone Post 3.0

Greg Jackson already has his own MMA promotion.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10849761_826878804022677_7032097853652229595_n.jpg

How much could he make if he went down this route? Obviously not Floyd's 70 mil or whatever but 10/20 per fight?

Jones really doesnt have that big of a following

I always thought GSP could be guy to do it and still could for the Anderson fight

timessquare - 

How much could he make if he went down this route? Obviously not Floyd's 70 mil or whatever but 10/20 per fight?

no.... Not even close

1. Opponent. He'd have trouble finding an opponent worth fighting, that could get enough interest

2. PPV. Half the money goes to cable companies. So, to make even 10 million, he'd need to sell 400K PPV's at $50.00

Keep in mind, 400K x 25 (half to cable)

So that would leave you with 10 million but you still have to, rent the venue, promote the event, pay your opponent, pay the undercard, licensing fees, etc....

12SixElbow - 
timessquare - 

no.... Not even close

1. Opponent. He'd have trouble finding an opponent worth fighting, that could get enough interest

2. PPV. Half the money goes to cable companies. So, to make even 10 million, he'd need to sell 400K PPV's at $50.00

So that would leave you with 10 million but you still have to, rent the venue, promote the event, pay your opponent, pay the undercard, licensing fees, etc....

What if he partners with someone like HBO or Showtime? Who handles venue, promotion etc...?

Sudo21 - 
12SixElbow - 
timessquare - 

no.... Not even close

What if he partners with someone like HBO or Showtime? Who handles venue, promotion etc...?

Sure, so, at 400K buys,

you've got 20 million made.

10 to comcast

10 to split up

You've got to pay HBO / Showtime, the opponent, etc....

It would be very tough for Jones, who with all the UFC machine behind him can't break 300K buys on his own.

So basically he's better off staying where he is. I'm sure this stuff crosses his mind though. Maybe if he's still dominant in a few years...

12SixElbow - 
NewOldTRT09er - Jackson's probably could Phone Post 3.0
<br />
<span class="User-273318" id="userPost51993459">Greg Jackson already has his own MMA promotion.<br />
<br />
https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10849761_826878804022677_7032097853652229595_n.jpg</span></blockquote>

Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can.

Go Back