Jones was willing to pay UFC 151 fighters until...

random_perv - He needs to shut his mouth, he's starting to sound fake. Phone Post

Haha starting Phone Post

Did Jones ever get a new PR guy/gal? Sounds like he's taking matters into his own hands when it comes to the ol' public relations. And making a huge mess of it. Phone Post

Should have just kept his mouth closed. 

What a dumbass thing to say. 

Jon Jones is the best troll in the world! P4P! Phone Post

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Phone Post

Whether he was going to do it or not, it's a stupid gesture. Dana/UFC cancelled the card, not JBJ. As stupid as he looks for saying he would have paid the fighters, he would have been an even bigger idiot if he actually did.

Those fighters don't give two shits about JBJ. Look how easily they were willing to publicly throw him under the bus instead of blaming the actual person who cancelled the event.

JBJ turns down a fight.
Dana cancelled the entire event.
Idiot fighters blame JBJ for taking food out of their mouths.
Not one fighter says a damn thing about Dana.

Welcome to the twilight zone...do do do do do do

At least Jones is more generous than the Jacksonville Jaguars' owner.

If he really was gonna do this then why not pay the fighters who didn't criticize him? Many of the guys who bashed him weren't on this card with the exception of Hougland. Guy needs thicker skin. Phone Post

If Jones was going to pay that means he felt it was his fault the card was canceled.

He's been on record saying that he is super cheap. These are total lies and an insult.

Again his god complex coming out. I was gonna bless u but for your sins U must be punished. Phone Post

Jones needs to have his jaw wired shut. Phone Post

torubu - Jones needs to have his jaw wired shut. Phone Post

Vitor might make that happen actually, we can only hope. Phone Post

EDIT: Nevermind, already covered I guess.

BS Phone Post

Sleazy Martinez - 

Did Jones ever get a new PR guy/gal? Sounds like he's taking matters into his own hands when it comes to the ol' public relations. And making a huge mess of it. Phone Post

Pretty sure he has not acquired a new publicist. Strangely, most UFC fighters manage to do okay without having one at all. Having a publicist quit on a client without a major scandal most often only happens when the client does not listen to a fucking thing the publicist says.

As Jones does not seem to avoid putting his foot in his mouth at every turn even with one, I dunno that I'd wanna take him on as a client. It doesn't make you look very good at your job even if it's not your fault that Jones insists on contradicting himself at every turn.

Like, why would he even admit that he was going to pay the fighters but chose not to when some of them started publicly attacking him for the lost paycheck (and actually half of the mat most made direct personal attacks on Jones)? "Oh, I was going to try and make things right, but they were already pretty mad at me." Dude, if that's the way it happened, don't even mention it. Does he have Asperger's syndrome or something where he doesn't "get" how normal people react to things?

If he wanted to do the right thing, he would have paid the undercard fighters and not said anything about it directly. In this scenario, not only would he be doing the right thing (which someone who claims to "feel terrible" should do simply to sleep better at night), a couple of fighters would have probably verified that Jon Jones personally reached out and paid them to try and atone. The story would have gotten out, and he would have started to turn around his image as a total shitheel and tool.

Dear God, can a full day pass without something new emerging that makes Jon Jones look like a child?

fiercedragon - 331k is probably pocket change for him now... Phone Post

Doubt it. That's a lot of change for someone who is worth 10 million. And I'm sure his liquidity is not anywhere near that. Phone Post

in_different - Lets all just acknowledge that Jon Jones' word doesnt mean a damn thing

Boom!! Phone Post

ssj - JBJ is merely a young man without any guidance it seems

I think the problem is he has not been too humbled yet. This whole situation might do that though. He let the confidence get in his head and has made some poor decisions. Now he is getting attacked verbally by all these people, including his boss. 

GSP has it right, when he talks he rarely says anything bad about his opponent, and most of his comments are on his training and recovery. They are more of updates and just insight, such as his gymnastics. 

So he didn't do anything wrong but he's willing to compensate everyone when it's the fault of the UFC?

Okay Jon.

What a dickhead Phone Post