Jordan Mein.........vs Thiago Alves

This is a tough fight to pick. I'd like to hear some thoughts. Alves looked super in his comeback fight against Baczynski and seems to have that 'second kick at the can' motivation behind him.

Meanwhile, Mein has impressed the hell out of me the few times I've seen him fight (with the exception of Matt Brown), and he is a good Canadian kid which almost always gets the nod from me.

One thing I just realized that I wasn't even aware of if Jordan Mein's record. Holy fuck, this kid has had some fights. He is 25 years old and he has had 38 fights, winning 29 of them. Another interesting thing I noted on his record........his very first fight was a loss to none other than Rory MacDonald, in what was MacDonald's 3rd consecutive win by 1st round rear-naked choke. 

Okay, getting back on track here.........WHO WINS?

SensoriaUtopia - Mein will outclass him, Thiago does not seem to adjust gameplan's well in fights, Mein seems to be good in a lot of places, will be a back and forth fight but Jordan is more diverse and will pull away rounds 2 and round 3.
I'm a huge alves fan

After the gsp loss and the brain surgery he just hasn't seemed like the same fighter

Dude used to blast holes through people Phone Post 3.0

Mein takes this Phone Post 3.0

hitimes1990 - 
SensoriaUtopia - Mein will outclass him, Thiago does not seem to adjust gameplan's well in fights, Mein seems to be good in a lot of places, will be a back and forth fight but Jordan is more diverse and will pull away rounds 2 and round 3.
I'm a huge alves fan

After the gsp loss and the brain surgery he just hasn't seemed like the same fighter

I know it was Seth Baczynski and not a top ten dude, but did you watch his comeback fight? He looked pretty fucking sharp man. I saw some old Alves on that night.

I like Alves' style a lot, but Jordan is a killer. Hits like a truck for his weight and is super experienced considering his age. He gets better every time he fights as well.

Alves has such a solid ground game, but Mein has TDD to counter. Pretty sure he trained with Woodley for a few camps, which is interesting because Alves & T-Wood are ATT. On the feet, Alves seems a step slower than before, but that could've been rust. Mein is fantastic technically, but he folded under Brown's pressure. Can Alves provide that same intensity? Not sure.

I see a close, technical decision. Leaning to Mein, ever so slightly.

sgotwalks -
hitimes1990 - 
I'm a huge alves fan

I know it was Seth Baczynski and not a top ten dude, but did you watch his comeback fight? He looked pretty fucking sharp man. I saw some old Alves on that night.

I really hope he can get this w

Big fight for him Phone Post 3.0

This one is tough to call,Thiago is finally healthy and looked great last time out but I agree with Doerksenfan.If this card is anything like last week though well see the Thiago Alves of old blast through Mein in the first round via stoppage.

I think Alves takes this fight. Mein is good but he isn't technically on Alves level in striking. This is also a big step up for him. The last time we seen him in the ring with a top flight fighter matt brown was smashing him. Phone Post 3.0

Big fan of Alves but it's just too difficult to tell how he will look and Mein is a tall order for anyone at WW. Alves could have some success with his kicks and Muay Thai but Mein brings an excellent combination of length with his excellent hands and all around game.

I will be pulling for my fellow Alberta boy come Saturday night but hoping for an excellent fight most of all.

Alves has crispier striking but indeed hes been inactive and is an enigma right now. I still pick him by close decision, mein will have more output but Alves lands the better shots. Phone Post 3.0

Little late but

War alves! Phone Post 3.0

Going with Alves by body kick ko Phone Post 3.0

Hearing that kick live sounded like someone being caned in Singapore.

studiocamp - Hearing that kick live sounded like someone being caned in Singapore.
Lol that sound should play at the beginning of his walkout song Phone Post 3.0

The Sultan - Going with Alves by body kick ko Phone Post 3.0