Jorge gurgel

This dude just can't get a break

Incredible fighter one of my favorites since seeing him on tuf 2

I hate seeing him lose just as much as Jens pulver

I really hope he can get back up there

War gurgel!!! Phone Post

Dumbest fight IQ ever. Insists on fighting on the feet when he's better that 9/10ths of people on the ground. no sympathy.

BrettAwesome - Dumbest fight IQ ever. Insists on fighting on the feet when he's better that 9/10ths of people on the ground. no sympathy.

Andy Wang syndrome Phone Post

BrettAwesome - Dumbest fight IQ ever. Insists on fighting on the feet when he's better that 9/10ths of people on the ground. no sympathy.

This,

They need to stop calling it the stand and wang and call it the stand and gurgel.

Lets be honest here, Jorge is NOT an incredible fighter and has NEVER shown anything that says he is. I enjoy watching him fight too, but come on. He's been fighting in the big shows for 6 years and his biggest win is Connor Huen. Phone Post

Im a big Jorge fan .Never a boring fight .Got screwed against noons .He got rocked when noons hit after the bell .Fight was over at that point .

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Lets be honest here, Jorge is NOT an incredible fighter and has NEVER shown anything that says he is. I enjoy watching him fight too, but come on. He's been fighting in the big shows for 6 years and his biggest win is Connor Huen. Phone Post

. Phone Post

his record reflects what level of fighter he is - he's lucky people remember his name after all these years because of TUF and being Rich's boy.

mean machine - Im a big Jorge fan .Never a boring fight .Got screwed against noons .He got rocked when noons hit after the bell .Fight was over at that point .

Haha no, he never had a chance in the KJ fight. Was getting lit up like a Christmas tree. Phone Post

Most frustrating fighter to watch. Refuses to grapple.

BrettAwesome - Dumbest fight IQ ever. Insists on fighting on the feet when he's better that 9/10ths of people on the ground. no sympathy.

This says it all Phone Post

I'll never disrespect, but I can't understand why that good a grappler insists on being a kickboxer. Phone Post

Has he ever answered why he refuses to use his extraodinary base BJJ skills? Or does he get mad and pissy like he did at fans when begging for money backfired?

ChaosOverkill -

Has he ever answered why he refuses to use his extraodinary base BJJ skills? Or does he get mad and pissy like he did at fans when begging for money backfired?

Could be because his BJJ for MMA isn't all that great Phone Post

Jorge is always exciting fighter!

He's entertaining, but he's a third tier fighter, at best. Black belt aside, he's never really done anything as a professional fighter to have earned any respect for his ground skills. Phone Post

How does he keep getting big show fights when he loses so often? Phone Post

GriffinQ -
ChaosOverkill -

Could be because his BJJ for MMA isn't all that great Phone Post

Well it has to be better than his striking...

It's like Maia when he was at the tail end of his MW career (of course Maia is a vastly superior grappler but it's the same idea). He is a grappler who fell in love with striking. His grappling might not be amazing or world class but it's probably better than most guys he fights. It's frustrating to watch. Phone Post

From my understanding he is not really that extraordinary at bjj either

Biggest myth fighter in MMA history IMO.

They ALWAYS talk about his ground game,  but we never see it. Its like something that isn't there at all.

He subbed a bunch of guys on the local circuit and NEVER in a bigger league.