Jorge Rivera v. Kampmann UFC85??

LETS GO JORGE!!!

Who else has thier pics?

Kampmann all the way 

Is anyone actually placing bets on this fight??

im confident in Kampmann but Rivera is tough as nails. he lasted till round 2 with silva and round 3 with Franklin. not an easy fight for anyone (but martin...but kind of flukish)

Kampmann by ko/tko rd 2. He is 10x the fighter that Jorge is.

I'm always pulling for Martin and I think he can take this but I think Rivera is way underrated.

Kampmann will get destroyed by Jorge and then drop down to 170.

MSARiveraVALTUDO - TTT, Rivera is too powerful at MW for Kampmann.

LOL, where is the evidence of this "power" you speak of?

I like Jorge, he's a solid fighter... but I see no position he can compete with Kampmann besides in the clinch, and he's not a finisher there.  Kampmann all day.

rivera by tko. every bit of his game has gotten better over the last year - his ground, his movement his cardio ... should be a great fight though

Sandy Panties - 
MSARiveraVALTUDO - TTT, Rivera is too powerful at MW for Kampmann.

LOL, where is the evidence of this "power" you speak of?

I like Jorge, he's a solid fighter... but I see no position he can compete with Kampmann besides in the clinch, and he's not a finisher there.  Kampmann all day.

How about his perfect victory over grove? Everybody said that Grove was going to outstrike Rivera and that his whole game was superior. Evidence is in Rivera rocking Grove in 1:47

Rivera, round 1 similiar to the way he beat kendall. Exchange, take down, dominate......

Jimmy De comes correct.

Exactly everyone, thank you for proving my point.  Is Kendall some kind of force in MMA?  We're talking about a good striker who is tall as hell for his division, and also scrawny and lacking power.

So I agree that Jorge's biggest claim to fame is overpowering a weaker fighter who is far from a contender or top fighter in the division, which is why I question your statement that he is "too powerful" for anyone.

Kendall Grove is really not the best fighter to measure striking power against, MSARiveraVALTUDO.

Kampmann by TKO....he's just too tough

In defense to that statement, Rivera banged up a prime Lousieau while still a raw fighter and managed to lump up Franklin pretty badly as well. He also, Ko'ed Mark Weir and Solomon Hutcherson and in my opinion did the best against Anderson Silva... Chonan excepted. You have to look at who Jorge has fought in his career and give the nod to top competitors throughout. Thoughts?

MSARiveraVALTUDO - In defense to that statement, Rivera banged up a prime Lousieau while still a raw fighter and managed to lump up Franklin pretty badly as well. He also, Ko'ed Mark Weir and Solomon Hutcherson and in my opinion did the best against Anderson Silva... Chonan excepted. You have to look at who Jorge has fought in his career and give the nod to top competitors throughout. Thoughts?

I'm guessing from your screen name you're maybe a little biased, but I have no problem with people supporting classy fighters like Jorge.

He did surprise me in the clinch with Franklin, and a win over The Crow at that time in his career is impressive.  Jorge is a crafty veteran with a well rounded attack and natural toughness that can compete with or beat most on any given night.  I just think Kampmann (although slightly undersized) has the more polished game everywhere (besides the clinch) and will frustrate Jorge on the feet and threaten with subs on the ground.

Also, I haven't quite seen Jorge display the finishing ability that he would need to beat Kampmann.  With Kampmann's chin, I just don't see how Jorge can finish the fight and I don't see a decision going his way.  I personally think Martin is a bit of a dark horse in the title run at 185.

This will be a good fight though.  Best of luck to both competitors.

Kampmann seems like a really tough guy but I'd give the edge to Jorge here.

I want Kampmann to win and then drop down to WW.....just to small to keep fighting at MW IMO