Jorge Santiago Interview - Fighting in Strikeforce

Check it out. He might be participating in Strikeforce MW tourney.

http://www.buddhasport.com/community/article/326/jorge-santiago-interview 

Tough man for anyone to beat.

Jorge Santiago Interview

Jorge Santiago is one of the most underrated middleweights in the world today. I got a chance to catch up with him last night over tha phone.

David Herbert: Hey Jorge, congrats on regaining your title against the same guy who upset you for it, Mamed Khalidov. How is life at the moment?

Jorge Santiago: Everything is good. I am training hard. I leave tomorrow morning for Japan. I am cornering my teammate, JZ Cavalcante for his fight against DEEP champ, Katsunori Kikuno at Dream 15.

DH: That's great. I wish him the best of luck. You have a fight coming up yourself?

JS: Yes, I am going to defend my Sengoku on August 22nd against Kazuo Misaki. 3

DH: How are you approaching this fight?

JS: I'm ready to knock him the f**k out. I'm so ready to fight, I just want to fight.

DH: Are you signed exclusively with Sengoku?

JS: I am signed exclusively with Sengoku right now but they are going to allow me to compete in Strikeforce. I am really excited to fight in the U.S. again. I will most likely be participating in the Strikeforce middleweight tournament should they decide to go through with it. We are just waiting for the paperwork to come through.

DH: That is awesome news! I think you will do very well there. Adding you to the mix makes things alot more exciting. That means you will possibly be going against the likes of Cung Le, Robbie Lawler, Jacare, Tim Kennedy, Jason Miller and Joey Villasenor. Who would you be most excited to fight in that tournament?

JS: To be honest the first guy I thought of was Dan Henderson but I hear he is moving back to 205 to fight Babalu. Really I am eager to fight all those guys.

DH: I remember you were supposed to fight Vitor Belfort in Affliction: Trilogy, their third show, but he got pulled to fight Fedor and then they went under before any of it could go down. Were you really disappointed that fight didn't happen?

JS: Man, I was pissed when he got pulled from the fight to replace Barnett against Fedor. I was really excited for that fight. They were going to give me someone else but I said no, I only wanted to fight him. He is a great fighter.

DH: So it's safe to say you still want that fight?

JS: Yes very much. I definately want that fight in the future. He went to the UFC before I could get the chance to fight him.

DH: What are the odds we will see you back in the UFC?

JS: Maybe, someday. I am tied up at the moment and have much to look forward to. You never know.

DH: Last question, of all the fights you've had, which one was the toughest.?

JS: Probably my fight with Kazuo Misaki. I broke my hand and had to fight 5 rounds like that. I eventually submitted him in the 5th round, but that was a very hard fight for me.

Thanx ttt

good stuff

ttt

Santiago/Villasenor to kick off tournament

Tim Kennedy/Mayhem Miller

Jacare/Cung Le

Lawler/Radach???

ttt

ttt

ttt

Strikeforce needs to get ahold of the narrative. Stories came out yesterday saying the tournament was off. On HDNET though, they said the complete opposite

It may be off. I hear it's Jacare vs Kennedy for the vacant title. Santiago will still get a fight in Strikeforce I'm sure. Most likely Scott Smith, Benji Radach or Robbie Lawler. All exciting matchups for Jorge.

cool interview, hopefully we get to see Jorge stateside again soon, its been a while

also i wanna give you props for your recent interviews, guys like Dan Hornbuckle, Lyman Good, Jorge Masvidal, and Jorge Santiago

these fighters just dont get the exposure they deserve

keep it up man

caposa - cool interview, hopefully we get to see Jorge stateside again soon, its been a while

also i wanna give you props for your recent interviews, guys like Dan Hornbuckle, Lyman Good, Jorge Masvidal, and Jorge Santiago

these fighters just dont get the exposure they deserve

keep it up man

Exactly. These guys are the future of the sport. Cyrill Diabate interview is up. Thanks for the props brother.

TTT for Santiago/Villasenor.

Jorge has a ton of talent.

I know he fought 2 decent opponants in the UFC but I expected him to o better than he did. The Leben KO can happen to anyone but I never expected Belcher to KO him.

Wouldnt mind seeing him being given another shot i the UFC.

ttt

Jorge is fighting this Saturday in Sengoku. Who takes it? Santiago or Misaki?

ttt