Jorgeee Is Reeeally Reeeaching

1 Like

Jorge Masvidal is starting to lose faith that heā€™ll actually get the chance to face Conor McGregor in his next fight.

Despite lobbying for the matchup for weeks with hopes that he could welcome McGregor back to the octagon after he suffered a broken leg in his last outing, Masvidal has a hard time believing the matchup will actually come together.

According to Masvidal, the lack of response from McGregor is all the proof he needs that the former two-division UFC champion might take a jab at him on social media but heā€™ll never ask for a contract to actually make the fantasy fight become a reality.

ā€œNo, Conor doesnā€™t want the fight,ā€ Masvidal told MMA Fighting. ā€œIf he did heā€™d post something, heā€™d say something. Heā€™d probably just insult my mom or some relative of mine or my nation where I come from. Heā€™ll say something like that but he wonā€™t say anything about a fight or a fight date. So the Conor thing, he just wants it ā€˜I hope it goes awayā€™ because he really doesnā€™t want to fight. He doesnā€™t mention [me] or say anything.

ā€œObviously itā€™s maybe the biggest pay-per-view fight in history as far as the UFC goes. I think weā€™d shatter all numbers, all previous records. But for some reason this guy doesnā€™t want to entertain it.ā€

Because McGregor is by far the wealthiest fighter in UFC history, Masvidal knows money is no longer his greatest concern with the Irish superstar reportedly worth nearly $200 million but heā€™s exactly sold that fighting would be the biggest draw either right now.

Thatā€™s why Masvidal just doesnā€™t see the same ferocity from McGregor these days, especially when his name gets mentioned as a possible opponent.

ā€œMoney doesnā€™t entertain him no more, make him want to get out of his bed,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œI think the only thing that makes him want to get out of bed is cocaine. Thatā€™s OK, every man has a free will. You do whatever you want. But donā€™t say youā€™re a fighter and donā€™t take cheap shots at me, especially the things that heā€™s been saying, talking about my legal problems and this and that.
ā€œYouā€™re a f****** p****. We could do it man to man in the cage and just once and for all and get paid a handsome reward while doing it. So if this individual doesnā€™t want to do it, [because] he knows whatā€™s going to happen.ā€

Stylistically, Masvidal considers himself a really bad matchup for McGregor even if he doesnā€™t present the same kind of problems as say somebody like a wrestling heavy opponent such as past rival Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Masvidal knows he would stand toe-to-toe with McGregor until one of them falls over but the UFCā€™s first and only ā€œBMFā€ champion doesnā€™t expect heā€™d be the one to crumble.

ā€œIā€™m not going to take him down and hold him down,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œIā€™m going to get in his face, Iā€™m going to break his jaw and thatā€™s not going to look good for his brand. Conor got beat up on the feet. Conor got outstruck.

ā€œIt doesnā€™t sit well with him or his team but if it did, youā€™d shortly hear him say something back to this. Because everybodyā€™s going to be sending him this interview and what is he going to do?ā€

One situation that may be working in Masvidalā€™s favor for a potential fight with McGregor is the timing when the matchup could take place.

According to UFC president Dana White, McGregor is currently targeting a return to the cage in late 2022 or early 2023.

Ideally, Masvidal would like to fight again before the year is over but he also understands his current legal situation where heā€™s embroiled in an assault case with fellow UFC fighter Colby Covington might keep him sidelined longer than expected.

ā€œThat is my goal is definitely to be back before the end of the year,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œSo weā€™ve got to put our ducks in a row, make sure everything is correct. Some things are slightly out of my hands so I canā€™t say 100 percent Iā€™ll be competing this year but if itā€™s up to me, 100 percent Iā€™m competing this year.ā€

Just because he hasnā€™t been scheduled for a fight of his own just yet doesnā€™t mean Masvidal isnā€™t staying plenty busy with fighting.

In addition to serving as a constant presence at his home gym at American Top Team in Florida, Masvidal has also recently started to flourish as a promoter with his own bare-knuckle MMA organization called Gamebred FC and heā€™s now the head of IKON FC, which just announced tickets on sale for its first ever event in Savannah, Ga. on Aug. 5.

Masvidal is definitely embracing his time as a promoter because it not only allows him to work with up and coming fighters in the sport but heā€™s also one step closer to having every job the MMA industry could possibly ever afford him.

ā€œIā€™ve worn all the hats in fighting maybe except actually be a cutman but other than that, Iā€™ve worn every other hat,ā€ Masvidal said. ā€œI love it. I love to fight. Since I got into fighting, maybe not in the initial stages, but after some time I was like I would like to have a promotion to treat fighters a certain way, take some of these things out, keep some of these things in there and keep it going.

ā€œThe opportunity came. I partnered up with some great partners to run these events and I said Iā€™m going to do it. Iā€™m going to do it full blast just like fighting. Iā€™m going to put everything that Iā€™ve got into it. Iā€™m going to take out a lot of things I didnā€™t like personally as a fighter to go through and try to make it as easy as possible for these guys. Get them as much exposure and pay them as much as we possibly can at that stage.ā€

2 Likes

Jorge is speaking like someone who was never supposed to make the big time.

1 Like

Man, Jorge was so cool until he started talking.

6 Likes

in other news, lawyers cost money, maybe lesson is learned

4 Likes

hes become delusional

1 Like

Gamebread is dead

Me Thinks So /

jorge wants a 3 piece mcnugget meal

2 Likes

Says the guy sneaking around with a mask and hoodie to land a cheap shot outside a restaurantā€¦

4 Likes

My Cod The Irony

3 Likes

Werenā€™t you his biggest supporter?!

It used to sound cool, now it just sounds desperate

Who ? Me or W795 ?
I Post MMA News on This site. Current MMA News and Hes been In The news now for 6 Months .

1 Like

Yes , hence the title

When was he ever cool? Heā€™s always been a dumbfuck thug. Anyone who hears him speak for 30 seconds should come to that conclusion!

Kimbo Slice Era

I feel like you didnā€™t even read my postā€¦

Iā€™m getting old, Iā€™ve been reading that other guys name wrong this whole time.

1 Like

Definitely not 795.