Jose Aldo Released From UFC

Jose Aldo doesnt “move the needle”

1 Like

If he has retired (I hope not) hes already long solidified himself as top 5 p4p all time.

2 Likes

1 Like

It seems fans have seen the last of former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo in the Octagon.

Following a recent interview in which his coach Andre Pederneiras advised Aldo to retire, it looks like the 36-year-old has taken the advice to heart after a frustrating defeat to Merab Dvalishivili in August.

According to Combate’s report, Aldo has made a deal with the UFC to void his current contract, which had a single fight remaining, and retire from MMA. This decision means the UFC cannot prevent Aldo from venturing into different sports, such as boxing or jiu-jitsu competitions.

With 39 professional mixed martial arts matches, Aldo has put an end on an 18-year career that dates back to August 2004. During this time, he became the WEC and UFC featherweight champion, amassing nine title defences between both promotions.
The 36-year-old has scored wins over the biggest names of his generation at both featherweight and bantamweight, such as Urijah Faber, Chad Mendes, Frankie Edgar, Chan Sung Jung and Ricardo Lamas, among others.

Aldo decided to end his career after a unanimous decision defeat to the aforementioned Dvalishivili, back in August. The defeat snapped a three-fight win streak for the Brazilian, with victories over Rob Font, Pedro Munhoz and Marlon Vera.

Report: Jose Aldo cuts deal with UFC, retires from MMA with one fight left on contract

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has called it a career after 18 years and 39 fights.

1 Like

FUCKING SUCKS! One more fight against someone not in the top5 and farewell not like this. Fucking hell :frowning: this day has been terrible everything seems to go in the toilet today.

Aldo one of my alltime favourites.

One of the all time greats.

2 Likes

Aldo always sucked. Boring fighter, no gas tank, never did anything more than was necessary to win. The standup version of lay and pray.

As he rides into the sunset, the biggest and most memorable moment of his career will always be his 1 punch KO loss to lose his belt and the subsequent mental breakdown. He never recovered from it. Sad.

1 Like

Ever sucked a dick you didn’t like?

9 Likes

One of my favorites besides Fedor and Rampage. His WEC run will never be forgotten

3 Likes
1 Like

Good for him if he’s really retiring. He went out as probably still top 5 - where he’s been for almost 15 years, which is crazy. We can do without seeing him go through that fall-off-a-cliff stage.

3 Likes

One of the best to do it, a dominant and respectful champ, it was a blast to watch his title fights

2 Likes

I blame Marlon Moraes for putting Merab out of our misery when he had the chance

1 Like

Slow down Urijah.

5 Likes

Thank you for the entertainment, for the wars, for the walk-outs, for the entire career. I hope there is health and happiness in your future, Mr Aldo.

3 Likes

While the word GOAT or all timer is thrown around far too liberally these days, Jose is one of the GOATs.

War Aldo

4 Likes

I have seen his whole career he’s definitely one of the greats but a lot of his fights were boring. He coasts a lot

1 Like