**Josh Barnett DECLINES UFC contract offer**

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/6/3960726/josh-barnett-officially-declines-ufc-contract-offer

"According to Barnett's manager Leland LaBarre, Barnett has officially declined the promotion's latest contract offer.

'We agreed on guaranteed compensation,' LaBarre said. 'In fact, we never even countered. We accepted their original offer.'

'However, there are some outlying issues -- one in particular -- that as of this point we were unable to agree on.'

Labarre said he didn't feel it was appropriate at this time to discuss which issue both sides couldn't come to terms on."

Wow Phone Post

They better work it out. Itd be a shame if they didn't. Phone Post

no proresu?

Josh Barnett will be the next Bellator Heavyweight Champion!

But seriously, this sucks. Probably wanted a PPV cut.

I'm a little bummed. My opinion, I bet it was % of PPV compensation.

I really wanted to see him fight guys like Bigfoot and Mir.

Ah well, I wonder where he's going to go now. SF is gone, Dream only does like 1 card a year, maybe WSOF, One FC or Bellator?

Damn. Really hoping they figure this out. He's too good of a fighter to not be fighting the guys in the UFC. Phone Post

:(

That sucks. Phone Post

NooooooooooooooooooooooOooooOOOOOooooooOooooooOoOOoOoOoOooooooOoOOoOoOoOoOooooOOoOooOoooOooOoooOoooooooooooOooooooOoooooOoooo!!! Phone Post

If I had to guess I’d say it’s to do with the exclusivity agreement. Barnett likes to do the professional wrasslin’ thing and Dana has refused participation in other “sports’ in the past, boxing, sambo etc.

He is a top 10 heavyweight. I really hope they come to terms, but will watch him fight in any org. But, damn, really wanted to see him versus many ufc heavyweights.

Cormier already schooled him. UFC signed some big heavyweights this past 6 months. UFC needs Barnett way less than Barnett needs UFC..

Random drug testing?

NAKMEEZY - Cormier already schooled him. UFC signed some big heavyweights this past 6 months. UFC needs Barnett way less than Barnett needs UFC..

This Phone Post

I believe that The Warmaster is a much better overall fighter then DC, and if not for his broken hand, he'd have won that fight.

Great fighter, but it seems like he and his agent over-estimate his drawing power.  Rightly or wrongly, the UFC holds all the cards here. 

If its the wrestling that proves Barnett was never serious about wanting to fight in the UFC against the best because he knows they dont allow that for anyone.

If he wants to do wrestling than he is gonna end up in bellator with a TNA/Bellator deal which would be sad to see.