Josh Barnett set to win the SF HW Tournament

Barnett is being overlooked by everyone for this tournament. As long as he gets licensed to fight, he is likely to make it to the finals.

He has the experience, the size, and the technique to be a bad match up for nearly everyone in the tournament. Only Fedor and maybe Werdum would likely give him problems. With his placement in the bracket, it is likely that we will get to see the long awaited Fedor vs. Barnett match up.

Source ?

Lol unless bigfoot makes the a bracket final theirs no way in hell barnett wins, uberkneed into oblivion by the reem, sub'd by werdum and tko'd by fedor Phone Post

I dont think he would have much of a chance against fedor, but he could definitely beat Werdum and Overeem. Despite what people say about Overeem, his TD defense is one big question mark at this point.

Sorry to break the news to you. Barnett isn't very good and overrated as much and Brett Rodgers. He hasn't had an impressive performance in over 5 years and just is boring as shit. He's a cheater and needs to just go fight in Japan.

Barnett is scum and shouldnt even be in there.

crazydave - Barnett is scum and shouldnt even be in there.

You said what I said but in one sentence. Nice

i agree with the op

Barnett was beaten like a rented mule by Cro-Cop. The guy has zero upside.

[quote]sextoymagic - [quote]crazydave - Barnett is scum and shouldnt even be in there.[/quote] You said what I said but in one sentence. Nice[/quote] 

If Margaritto was able to fight again Barnett should be too.

If he would happen to win (which I dont believe he would) it would take all credibility away from the whole tournament as the majority of people consider him a roid monkey.  I think his inclusion in the tournament was a mistake by Coker.  Barnett has the most potential to screw the whole thing up.

damn dudes.

Im excited he's in there.

War Barnett!

I just love playing devil's advocate. So....

I like Josh Barnett. I don't like the fact that he's been caught three times for doing steroids. Even more, I completely hate that Affliction 3 didn't go down. BUT, I DO NOT believe that was Josh's fault. Too many insiders (including right here on this website) knew it wasn't going to go down. There was clearly a hand in helping that along. Not just fiscal irresponsibility either.

CLEARLY, Josh has a problem with PED's, and might even need some counseling to get over that, and possibly habitually lying about it. But I could put almost every HW UFC champ in that same category. Including the previous champ (and #1 HW lol), the previous interim champ, and other previous UFC HW champs, other divisional champs AND challengers. The sport, in fact ALL sports are ingrained with steroids.

What's also extremely annoying to me, is the posters that do not understand that MOST of mixed martial artists (proven or not) have used OR DO USE performance enhancing drugs. In fact if an athlete is at the top in any sport, it'd be a safe bet they have used in the past , or recently. So I have to assume these posters :

A) Don't know this

B) Do know this, and hate him anyway, for whatever reason

Either way, I don't see good cause to hate the guy. Particularly because he's one of the great commentators of the sport (when he does), he's very well spoken, is very intuitive, and can analyze, reflect, and deliver his view of his own performances and others better than almost anyone. I'd put him and Frank Mir at the top.

Also, he's a funny guy, he's respectful, he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, and one of the best strategists and fighters in the HW division for a decade .

And when he lost fights to Cro Cop, you could argue with confidence that Cro Cop was at least tied as the second baddest man on planet earth. I expected Cro Cop to win. Many predicted an upset.

And with Cro Cop's rapid demise as a top HW, Barnett was ranked just over a year ago, as the #2 ranked heavyweight fighter in the world. 

I've never admired his style of fighting, but cannot deny his skill. Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind, that at his best,  he can surely beat any fighter in the tournament, on any given night.

I EXPECT him to beat both opponents in (B) bracket, and I, and most mma analysts (of any consequence) would consider it an upset (if even mild) if he didn't. 

If he fought anyone in (A) bracket, you can expect a very intelligent fight. In fact, Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, and Werdum are the four best competitors in the tournament. One could argue the world and have a legitimate debate.

I am ecstatic he's in there. He could win this thing, and without a doubt, if he did, I'd HAVE to put him as #1 HW.

I can only hope he chooses an honest path here. Because obviously, he's not near as good as the rest at covering up his steroid use.

Archer0545 -  If he would happen to win (which I dont believe he would) it would take all credibility away from the whole tournament as the majority of people consider him a roid monkey.  I think his inclusion in the tournament was a mistake by Coker.  Barnett has the most potential to screw the whole thing up.

if they have him under contract, and they intend to use him, how the hell do they not have him in their HW tournament?????????????????????????????????????

sparkuri -  I just love playing devil's advocate. So....

I like Josh Barnett. I don't like the fact that he's been caught twice doing steroids. Even more, I completely hate that Affliction 3 didn't go down. BUT, I DO NOT believe that was Josh's fault. Too many insiders (including right here on this website) knew it wasn't going to go down. There was clearly a hand in helping that along. Not <i>just</i> fiscal irresponsibility either.
CLEARLY, Josh has a problem with PED's, and might even need some counseling to get over that, and possibly habitually lying about it. But I could put almost every HW UFC champ in that same category. Including the previous champ (and #1 HW lol), the previous interim champ, and other previous UFC HW champs, other divisional champs AND challengers. The sport, in fact ALL sports are <b>ingrained</b> with steroids.

What's also extremely annoying to me, is the posters that do not understand that MOST of mixed martial artists (proven or not) have used OR DO USE performance enhancing drugs. In fact if an athlete is at the top in any sport, it'd be a safe bet they have used in the past , or recently. So I have to assume these posters :

A) Don't know this
B) Do know this, and hate him anyway, for whatever reason

Either way, I don't see good cause to hate the guy. Particularly because he's one of the great commentators of the sport (when he does), he's very well spoken, is very intuitive, and can analyze, reflect, and deliver his view of his own performances and others better than almost anyone. I'd put him and Frank Mir at the top.
Also, he's a funny guy, he's respectful, he's one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, and one of the best strategists and fighters in the HW division <b>for a decade</b> .
And when he lost fights to Cro Cop, you could argue with confidence that Cro Cop was at least tied as the second baddest man on planet earth. I <i>expected</i> Cro Cop to win. Many predicted an upset.
And with Cro Cop's rapid demise as a top HW, Barnett was ranked just over a year ago, as the #2 ranked heavyweight fighter in the world. 

I've never admired his style of fighting, but cannot deny his skill. Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind, that at his best,  he can surely beat any fighter in the tournament, on any given night.
I EXPECT him to beat both opponents in (B) bracket, and I, and most mma analysts (of any consequence) would consider it an upset (if even mild) if he didn't. 
If he fought anyone in (A) bracket, you can expect a very intelligent fight. In fact, Fedor, Barnett, Overeem, and Werdum are the four best competitors in the tournament. One <i>could</i> argue the world and have a legitimate debate.
I am ecstatic he's in there. He could win this thing, and without a doubt, if he did, I'd HAVE to put him as #1 HW.
I can only hope he chooses an honest path here. Because obviously, he's not near as good as the rest at covering up his steroid use.<br type="_moz" /><br type="_moz" />

Amen brother well put. It cracks me up when sports fans get their panties in a bunch when athletes get popped for PEDs. Their naivté in this respect reminds me of small children and Santa Claus. I know some of you probably just figured out that Santa isn't real, based on the quality of some of the posts on here, but for those of you who have actually competed at a higher level in most any sport, you know that PEDs are rampant. Get over yourselves. There is no Santa...

Edit

The real treat of this tournment isnt the potential Fedor/Werdum rematch nor Fedor/Overeem.

The match the real oldschool hardcores want to see is Fedor/Barnett.

sextoymagic - Sorry to break the news to you. Barnett isn't very good and overrated as much and Brett Rodgers. He hasn't had an impressive performance in over 5 years and just is boring as shit. He's a cheater and needs to just go fight in Japan.