Josh Barnett suspension lifted, wins arbitration

https://ufc.usada.org/josh-barnett-public-reprimand-doping-violation/

"USADA announced today that an independent arbitrator has rendered a decision in the case of UFC® athlete Josh Barnett, of Fullerton, Calif., and determined that Barnett should receive a public reprimand for his anti-doping policy violation. This decision comes after the facts of the case were fully briefed and presented at an evidentiary hearing on March 6, 2018.

Given the source was established to be a contaminated supplement, along with the athlete’s care and diligence concerning the nutritional products consumed, the arbitrator determined that a public reprimand was appropriate."

Barnett is the first fighter to appeal his USADA suspension through arbitration and win, fyi

Not sure what measures are in place to compensate for his near-18 month forced absence from competition, though

cool

now he’ll fight once six months from now and then piss hot

Ironic that Barnett is the first guy to win arbitrarion..... he's pissed hot a few times lol. Im a fan tho so i dont care. Couture always said he thought it was an image/self conscious type thing with Barnett, he didnt need them to perform or be "strong", he had all the tools just a flabby body 

This is an appropriate ruling for a first offense.

cuttooth -

Barnett is the first fighter to appeal his USADA suspension through arbitration and win, fyi

Not sure what measures are in place to compensate for his near-18 month forced absence from competition, though

Multi time cheat thay should have already gotten a life ban, so meh he ll be fine. To cheat another day

Meh, he’ll get popped again

I don’t think Barnett has used all that much more than anyone else in his generation, he was just terrible at doing it. He’s never come off as dumb, so it has to be an ego thing to have always been so reckless. Like nandrolone, really? If there’s any chance you’re going to be tested within the year like wtf are you doing? 

shaqitup - 
cuttooth -

Multi time cheat thay should have already gotten a life ban, so meh he ll be fine. To cheat another day

LOL

never read your post, before I made mypost, but you’re 100% correct

shaqitup -
cuttooth -

Like 90% of them. 

So it was proved to be a legal supplement that caused it?

Is he still under contract with UFC? Is that where he will fight again (if he does)? 

this is a huge win for him, just a warning and he is ready to fight asap

well hmmm who should he fight?

nganou or black beast perhaps?

cuttooth - 

Lets note that this may be a corrupt, broken appeal system if this cheat won.

I was never a fan of his fights and his arrogance in the past, about being a drug cheat, is astounding.

He is the poster child for how to cheat and get away with it.

Feed him to Mirco ‘CROCOP’ Miocic after he loses to DC

MSH -

Is he still under contract with UFC? Is that where he will fight again (if he does)? 

I hope so!

ea UFC 3 could use another heavyweight grappler ha

Morpheus1976 - 

this is a huge win for him, just a warning and he is ready to fight asap

he retired tho

would need 6 months in the pool

I'd really, really like to see Werdum vs. Barnett ... And with Werdum coming off a loss and Barnett being vindicated from his suspension, I think now would be the perfect time to make the fight - five rounds as a main event in Asia, I like the sound of ... 

Clearly clean, has always been clean.

Good