Josh Burkman's thoughts on Lombards positive test

From his facebook account...

24 mins · 

Does this mean I win? Jk 

Never surprised my when athletes test positive. I still have respect for Hector Lombard. 

Let me also say this is not an MMA issue. It's is in all sports at all levels.
ARod, Lance Armstrong, and the list goes on and on. Football, baseball, speed skating, golf, all of em'. Not all athletes, but all sports. Even the entertainment business. People are looking for advantages everywhere. 
Look at the Patriots, they're always trying to find an advantage you wouldn't think of. Filming coaches, deflating balls... Belachech probably has a doctor on staff. As long as professional athletes are looking for a competitive advantage, PED's will be a problem. Maybe we should rethink the system?

In MMA it's just not swept under the rug as well... More attention on athletes because it is an individual sport?? I don't know... 
Maybe they should legalize it and make you monitor your own levels... Keep everybody on an even playing field. I don't know, just wish we could figure out how to compete on an even playing field. That should be the goal!

Training for Hector I sprained my ankle, popped a rib, and had ligament damage. I sparred 3 times in 6 weeks. I didn't spar 1 time 4 weeks out from the fight. I also got sick 10 days out. I was almost forced out of the fight. I didn't take a thing, and that is the problem. I fought at a significant disadvantage because I followed the rules. Those injuries and sickness may have never happened had I used PED's. That is the reason athletes are drawn to PED's. To stay healthy and strong while trying to survive in a cut-throat industry. 

The harshest critics are often the worst offenders. 
Anderson Silva asked for a lifetime ban... Tested positive. 
Jon Fitch was the harshest critic... Tested positive.

Both obvious trying to get the most out of the end of there careers. 

I have no answers, nor do I judge harshly.

Everyone is on the shit. If you don't think so you have your fuckin head in the sand or up your ass.

Other than BJ Penn and Roy Nelson Phone Post 3.0

Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like he just wanted a jab at the pats Phone Post 3.0

All class. I hope he gets his purse. Phone Post 3.0

ClemenzasCannoli - Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0
Winstrol if I remember correctly Phone Post 3.0

ClemenzasCannoli - Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0
No, I don't believe so. Phone Post 3.0

In baseball, football etc. they are not trying to beat the shit out of you. Ped's in mma are way more dangerous, than in any other sport. Phone Post 3.0

ClemenzasCannoli - Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, but don't worry, he doesn't do them anymore!

Josh is a good man

ClemenzasCannoli - Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0

Here's an interesting interview he gave about that back in 2010, sort of similar to the sentiments he's expressing in the OP.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Burkman-Explains-Steroid-Usage-from-a-Fighters-Perspective-27020

Brigham - Everyone is on the shit. If you don't think so you have your fuckin head in the sand or up your ass.

Other than BJ Penn and Roy Nelson Phone Post 3.0
Wasn't Big Country on TRT? Phone Post 3.0

Brigham -
Winstrol if I remember correctly Phone Post 3.0
I thought so. This is like Rosie ODonnel telling Precious she needs to lose weight Phone Post 3.0

Call me crazy, but they just need to open the gate and just let it go.

The fact people are so against PED's is a little strange IMO. People are always going to look for that "edge", even more so when it's their JOB and how they make a living. Any long term health risks should be accounted for by the fighter. Just like smoking cigarettes.

And at the end of the day all it really does is allow you to heal faster between workouts, and allow you to train harder. Doesn't teach you technique. If you're a shitty fighter, and you use PED's, you'll still be a shitty fighter.

And don't give me that "but someone could get killed" nonsense. It hasn't happened yet, and it's not going to happen. PED's have been in this sport since the beginning. Phone Post 3.0

Polar_beatdown - In baseball, football etc. they are not trying to beat the shit out of you. Ped's in mma are way more dangerous, than in any other sport. Phone Post 3.0
I question if you ever played football. Phone Post 3.0

to legalize peds is the worst thing you can do, that means if you're kids want to do this sport, they are doomed a short life!

Polar_beatdown - In baseball, football etc. they are not trying to beat the shit out of you. Ped's in mma are way more dangerous, than in any other sport. Phone Post 3.0
Do you even football, Bro? Phone Post 3.0

This is one of the most insightful things I've heard on the subject from a pro fighter Phone Post 3.0

Jesus Cannons - Call me crazy, but they just need to open the gate and just let it go.

The fact people are so against PED's is a little strange IMO. People are always going to look for that "edge", even more so when it's their JOB and how they make a living. Any long term health risks should be accounted for by the fighter. Just like smoking cigarettes.

And at the end of the day all it really does is allow you to heal faster between workouts, and allow you to train harder. Doesn't teach you technique. If you're a shitty fighter, and you use PED's, you'll still be a shitty fighter.

And don't give me that "but someone could get killed" nonsense. It hasn't happened yet, and it's not going to happen. PED's have been in this sport since the beginning. Phone Post 3.0
I agree to a certain extent. But "opening up the gates" and allowing a free for all would just create a freak show IMO. Fighters would end up pushing the limits of PED use and one way or another, their health would be in jeopardy.
Not only that, but Mma has a big enough image problem as it is, can you imagine it becoming the first combat sport to allow PED use? Na, can't see it happening. Phone Post 3.0

Tyrone sBong -
Jesus Cannons - Call me crazy, but they just need to open the gate and just let it go.

I agree to a certain extent. But "opening up the gates" and allowing a free for all would just create a freak show IMO. Fighters would end up pushing the limits of PED use and one way or another, their health would be in jeopardy.
Not only that, but Mma has a big enough image problem as it is, can you imagine it becoming the first combat sport to allow PED use? Na, can't see it happening. Phone Post 3.0
And you're right. It shouldn't be a free for all either.

They just need to find a happy medium. Like someone else mentioned, monitoring your levels. Phone Post 3.0