Josh Burkman's thoughts on Lombards positive test

sssfRyan - 
Brigham - Everyone is on the shit. If you don't think so you have your fuckin head in the sand or up your ass.

Other than BJ Penn and Roy Nelson Phone Post 3.0
Wasn't Big Country on TRT? Phone Post 3.0

No, he was on BLT

The issue with legalising it for me is that the sport becomes about who can afford access to the best gear. People already have issue with the peripheral sport of cutting weight never mind anything else Phone Post 3.0

brahmabull81 - When a guy says "I dont care if my opponents are using" take that as a red herring. Thats a psychological defense mechanism for guys that have conscience issues with the shady behavior they may or may not be taking part in. It actually is some kind of official psychological thing that a shrink would be able to better identify and explain though.

Marquardt said it too in kind of a cavalier way a couple years back and then shortly after tested positive for elevated test. Theres actually a few examples of this happening.

Still, good for Burkman for not piling on. This is likely only the beginning.

I've felt the same way about your red herring theory. I remember the time when Rogan, on the JRE, asked Enson Inoue if he minded if his opponents juiced. Enson replied he didn't mind. I was suspicious. We're talking about a guy that looked jacked and fought in Pride, where roids were legal and essentially encouraged.

Polar_beatdown - In baseball, football etc. they are not trying to beat the shit out of you. Ped's in mma are way more dangerous, than in any other sport. Phone Post 3.0

Yes because referees won't stop the fight.

Brigham - Everyone is on the shit. If you don't think so you have your fuckin head in the sand or up your ass.

Other than BJ Penn and Roy Nelson Phone Post 3.0

Basically. But these mongs won't be convinced until literally, and I do mean literally every single guy on the UFC roster pops.

ClemenzasCannoli - Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0
Exactly! I was laughing my ass off as I was reading that! Good Lord!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

Morpheus1976 - to legalize peds is the worst thing you can do, that means if you're kids want to do this sport, they are doomed a short life!

PRIDE was basically this. And I think we can all agree PRIDE>UFC ;).

Jesus Cannons -
Tyrone sBong -
Jesus Cannons - Call me crazy, but they just need to open the gate and just let it go.

The fact people are so against PED's is a little strange IMO. People are always going to look for that "edge", even more so when it's their JOB and how they make a living. Any long term health risks should be accounted for by the fighter. Just like smoking cigarettes.

And at the end of the day all it really does is allow you to heal faster between workouts, and allow you to train harder. Doesn't teach you technique. If you're a shitty fighter, and you use PED's, you'll still be a shitty fighter.

And don't give me that "but someone could get killed" nonsense. It hasn't happened yet, and it's not going to happen. PED's have been in this sport since the beginning. Phone Post 3.0
I agree to a certain extent. But "opening up the gates" and allowing a free for all would just create a freak show IMO. Fighters would end up pushing the limits of PED use and one way or another, their health would be in jeopardy.
Not only that, but Mma has a big enough image problem as it is, can you imagine it becoming the first combat sport to allow PED use? Na, can't see it happening. Phone Post 3.0
And you're right. It shouldn't be a free for all either.

They just need to find a happy medium. Like someone else mentioned, monitoring your levels. Phone Post 3.0
But that's kind of what we had when trt was allowed. You had older fighters (and admittedly pryer users) getting back to an optimal level. I always thought that it wasn't the trt guys you should be worried about, at least you know what they're on. It's the guys hiding what they're taking that you should be concerned about.

But getting back to ensuring everyone is on a level playing field. The costs associated with ensuring everyone is within the allowed limits would be astronomical, and a logistical nightmare. IMO, If they returned to trt and rigorously enforced the rules governing the use of it to prevent abuse, then that would be a good start. Phone Post 3.0

Jesus Cannons - Call me crazy, but they just need to open the gate and just let it go.

The fact people are so against PED's is a little strange IMO. People are always going to look for that "edge", even more so when it's their JOB and how they make a living. Any long term health risks should be accounted for by the fighter. Just like smoking cigarettes.

And at the end of the day all it really does is allow you to heal faster between workouts, and allow you to train harder. Doesn't teach you technique. If you're a shitty fighter, and you use PED's, you'll still be a shitty fighter.

And don't give me that "but someone could get killed" nonsense. It hasn't happened yet, and it's not going to happen. PED's have been in this sport since the beginning. Phone Post 3.0
This... And vu Phone Post 3.0

I see his point... It sucks and it's probably why everyone in the NFL is getting concussions every week. At least they cycle off before fight night. So it's not like they have fresh juice in their system on the day of the fight. It's more for training. But there just has to be a better way to prevent injuries. Obviously when you look at the rate of injuries nowadays the roid usage isn't helping these guys prevent injuries anyway. Plus I don't think it's worth the inevitable erectile dysfunction and shrivel dick that you get down the road lol Phone Post 3.0

Deaf Forever - 
Morpheus1976 - to legalize peds is the worst thing you can do, that means if you're kids want to do this sport, they are doomed a short life!

those pride guys are mostly injured for life.

Morpheus1976 - 
Deaf Forever - 

those pride guys are mostly injured for life.

Very true

Lombard was a poster child for gear use. You'd have to be one dumb motherfucker to think he was clean. ATT is steroids haven

oh btw "clean" BJ fought in Japan....

CurtisTheConqueror - I see his point... It sucks and it's probably why everyone in the NFL is getting concussions every week. At least they cycle off before fight night. So it's not like they have fresh juice in their system on the day of the fight. It's more for training. But there just has to be a better way to prevent injuries. Obviously when you look at the rate of injuries nowadays the roid usage isn't helping these guys prevent injuries anyway. Plus I don't think it's worth the inevitable erectile dysfunction and shrivel dick that you get down the road lol Phone Post 3.0
When you cycle off a couple weeks before a fight you will be stronger and faster than you were on the juice. You lose the extra cell volume but still retain 100% of the gains. Phone Post 3.0

tenchu - 
brahmabull81 - When a guy says "I dont care if my opponents are using" take that as a red herring. Thats a psychological defense mechanism for guys that have conscience issues with the shady behavior they may or may not be taking part in. It actually is some kind of official psychological thing that a shrink would be able to better identify and explain though.

Marquardt said it too in kind of a cavalier way a couple years back and then shortly after tested positive for elevated test. Theres actually a few examples of this happening.

Still, good for Burkman for not piling on. This is likely only the beginning.

I've felt the same way about your red herring theory. I remember the time when Rogan, on the JRE, asked Enson Inoue if he minded if his opponents juiced. Enson replied he didn't mind. I was suspicious. We're talking about a guy that looked jacked and fought in Pride, where roids were legal and essentially encouraged.

I remember someone mentioned this about Frank Mir when he commented that it didn't bother him that Overeem was on PEDs. Turns out Mir was on TRT and may have been on PEDs to bulk up before that.

ClemenzasCannoli - Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Josh get popped for roids a while back? Phone Post 3.0

that's what I heard , not suprising he'd be understanding. he's just as bad.

Jesus Cannons - 
Tyrone sBong -

I agree to a certain extent. But "opening up the gates" and allowing a free for all would just create a freak show IMO. Fighters would end up pushing the limits of PED use and one way or another, their health would be in jeopardy.
Not only that, but Mma has a big enough image problem as it is, can you imagine it becoming the first combat sport to allow PED use? Na, can't see it happening. Phone Post 3.0
And you're right. It shouldn't be a free for all either.

They just need to find a happy medium. Like someone else mentioned, monitoring your levels. Phone Post 3.0

the same guys will always cheat, whether it's monitored or not.

i think the UFC should spin this to include the other sports mentioned about. I think the gov should be interested in what the nfl, MLB and MLB do to test. All the heros are using so how come so few are getting caught? These sports are raking in the cash but i wonder if they are shelling out the money for the testing

Bootsy Collins - The issue with legalising it for me is that the sport becomes about who can afford access to the best gear. People already have issue with the peripheral sport of cutting weight never mind anything else Phone Post 3.0
This.

I have yet to see someone refute this argument. Phone Post 3.0