JOSH NEER: HORRIBLE DECISION

NEER'S RESUME IS: BRINGS IT EVERY FIGHT, TRAINS HIS ASS OFF, LIVES IN THE GYM, HELPS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAIN SELF DEFENSE, HELPS YOUNG WRESTLERS AND FIGHTERS LEARN THE RIGHT WAY, GREAT FATHER, LOVES TO FIGHT, LOVES MMA, DOESN'T WEAR CUSTOMES, NO PINK MOHAWKS OR PURPLE HAIR, NO PRE FIGHT BS HYPE INTERVIEWS, WOULD RATHER FIGHT THAN "LAY AND PRAY," MAKES EVERY FIGHT EXCITING, NEVER CALLS IN SICK OR TO HURT TO FIGHT, WILL FIGHT ANYONE ANYWHERE ANYTIME, GREAT TO ALL HIS FANS AND FRIENDS, KEEPS IN TOUCH WITH HIS FANS AND GIVES AWAY FIGHT SHORTS ETC.

LOSES TWO FIGHTS AND GETS CUT? HORRIBLE DECISION BY THE UFC. NEER IS THE KIND OF FIGHTER YOU WANT TO REPRESENT THE UFC. NEER IS AN ASSET TO ANY ORGANIZATION. WHY WOULD YOU CUT A FIGHTER LIKE THIS? JUST A HORRIBLE DECISION ON THE PART OF THE UFC...

i agree

no need to yell

probably not so much the 2 losses, but 3 of his last 5 since the latest UFC contract. it is too bad because I like to see him fight and he brings it every time. No doubt the UFC will pick him back up after beating up 2 or 3 guys on smaller shows.

combatacademy = Josh Neer's Mom

Yeah, it's a stick it in and break it off type of biz.

I don't know what Josh's show and win money is, but could he make close to the same as a headliner in a smaller/local show?

I suppose the sponsor money is less with lack of national exposure.

While I thought Josh did more to win and was handed a crappy loss, I didn't think he looked very good against Tibau.

Sure Josh had way more effective striking, but it was pretty sloppy and one-dimensional.

I agree.. one of my favorite fighters to watch..

He lost a split decison to nate diaz, which could of went either way.. a close fight to pellegrino that he almost KO'd w elbows at the end of the fight.. i didnt see the fight the other night but it was also a decision.. Beat Din whose a stud.. came back and beat Guillard after getting cut up pretty good, and the guy who fought Danzig is a title contender..

I wish the smaller guys got more respect..

hes one of my faves also,   a  few wins outside of the UFC and he will be back..

Love watching Neer fight, sad to see him cut

stop screaming

his last 2 fights he didnt do much

he needs to get better at wrestling. UFC doesn't want guys who allow themselves to get held down for 3 rounds.

It's just funny that he's been fired repeatedly and Melvin still has a job.

i think he should fight in the WEC

nostripewhite - It's just funny that he's been fired repeatedly and Melvin still has a job.

melvin was asked to fight elsewhere for a while as well. UFC will take neer back after a couple wins in smaller orgs.

dangerboy12 - he needs to get better at wrestling. UFC doesn't want guys who allow themselves to get held down for 3 rounds.

^ This

The book is out on Neer.  Until he learns how to deal with guys who are looking to take him down and dominate the position game, he is going to struggle to put together wins.  His style is entertaining as hell, but he needs to adapt to counter the strategy being used to beat him over and over.

IMO it isn't as much about Neer's overall fighting ability as it is the way he lost his last two...against Tibau he looked great getting up from the bottom, but he didn't do anything else. On that night he looked like Bisping without the punches and kicks.

He'll make decent money somewhere else and be back (probably at short notice again) eventually.

combatacademy - NEER IS THE KIND OF FIGHTER YOU WANT TO REPRESENT THE UFC.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/01/01/ufc-fighter-josh-neer-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-high-spee/

NEER CAN'T STOP A TAKEDOWN TO SAVE HIS LIFE, HE WOULD HAVE LOST HIS NEXT FIGHT TOO. MAYBE IF HE TRAINS MORE WRESTLING THEY'LL RESIGN HIM.

Diaz beat Neer
Diaz beat Pellegrino
Pellegrion beat Neer

I figured it was downhill after that.