Josh Smith is a retard

Poor guy, I really feel for him.

Josh Smith Claims $6.9 Million Salary with Clippers Will Be 'Harder' on Family

"At the end of the day, you know, I do have a family," he said. "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it, you know. ... I made a decision for me and my family."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2530899-josh-smith-claims-69-million-salary-with-clippers-will-be-harder-on-family?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Sprewell feels his pain. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck, $6.9M couldn't even support my cats let alone my family. Phone Post 3.0

So there is a 0% chance that he has money in a decade? Phone Post 3.0

I hope he ends up homeless Phone Post 3.0

"So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it."

Say what you will about him, but you have to admire his courage. Phone Post 3.0

Bruham - Sprewell feels his pain. Phone Post 3.0
Don't forget Arenas turning down over $100MM because he had to 'feed his kids'. Phone Post 3.0

Hocky Balboa - "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it."

What happened to your name... Phone Post 3.0

If he really loved his family he would stop shooting 3's.

I felt that way about him before this.

FloppyBBC Divac - I felt that way about him before this.
Good point. Phone Post 3.0

Hey $7 million in LA is like $75k in Cle so he's really gonna have to dig deep hoisting those uncontested flat-footed 20 footers this season at 28 mpg.

MayorPirkle - I hope he ends up homeless Phone Post 3.0
10 years from now we will read stories about the NBA taking advantage of young, ignorant athletes.

Similar to the articles that have popped up about broke retired NFL players. Phone Post 3.0

Mark Antony's hangover -
MayorPirkle - I hope he ends up homeless Phone Post 3.0
10 years from now we will read stories about the NBA taking advantage of young, ignorant athletes.

Similar to the articles that have popped up about broke retired NFL players. Phone Post 3.0
Derrick Coleman:

"Whatever his shortcomings may have been, Coleman earned over $87 million in his 15-year career, so many people were surprised when he filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in March 2010. In the filing documents, he listed $1 million in assets, including a Bentley, five fur coats and $3,000 worth of jewelry. His debts totaled more than $4 million, which he owed to almost 100 creditors, including American Express, Verizon and even Detroit Mayor Dave Bing." Phone Post 3.0

The fur coats will keep him warm while living in the Bentley. Phone Post 3.0

WorlynnLotD -
Steven McTowelie -
Hocky Balboa - "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it."

What happened to your name... Phone Post 3.0
Do my eyes deceive me.? Has to be a glitch... Phone Post 3.0
Finally got that gold name I guess. Phone Post 3.0

The fucking balls on this guy. Was unceremoniously cut by the Pistons and is still being paid by them. I believe they owed him more than 25 mil. If that's the case this is a bonus. Phone Post 3.0

Did anyone read the original article?

Wasn't Josh Smith saying it was going to be hard to be away from his family? I think they picked that quote and made it sound like he was bitching about the money.

kanotoa - 
NICK MANNING - Did anyone read the original article?

Wasn't Josh Smith saying it was going to be hard to be away from his family? I think they picked that quote and made it sound like he was bitching about the money.
Priorities. Couldnt he have played in a state near his family, can he move them? Phone Post 3.0

I'm just pointing out the fact this article spun what he actually said. Here's one of the top comments on B/R:

"Not to be insensitive to his situaton but hes getting slammed for saying something he didnt say! Watch the interview, see for yourself. He said he will be without his family for this year and he will have to push through it. He did not mention his income as a hardship. This writer twisted his words to get this kind of reaction. He started a fire on a lie, and now every sports writer has jumped on the band wagon by not doing their homework and quoting that same quote that was taken out of context. Goes to show you can't believe everything you read."

NICK MANNING - 
kanotoa - 
NICK MANNING - Did anyone read the original article?

Priorities. Couldnt he have played in a state near his family, can he move them? Phone Post 3.0

I'm just pointing out the fact this article spun what he actually said. Here's one of the top comments on B/R:

"Not to be insensitive to his situaton but hes getting slammed for saying something he didnt say! Watch the interview, see for yourself. He said he will be without his family for this year and he will have to push through it. He did not mention his income as a hardship. This writer twisted his words to get this kind of reaction. He started a fire on a lie, and now every sports writer has jumped on the band wagon by not doing their homework and quoting that same quote that was taken out of context. Goes to show you can't believe everything you read."

Exactly, its not like I'm a huge Josh Smith fan. At least give the guy shit for something he actually did or said. Nobody wants to be away from their family for a year (not that we all wouldn't do it for $7 million). Since its only a one year deal, there's no sense in him uprooting their lives since he may not be there next year. I totally see how that could be hard on a personal level.