Josh Tompson v Roger Huerta in Strikeforce?

So the rumor is that Roger Huerta is going to sign with SF. This would be a sick fight full of action. Josh wants to fight again in Jan so maybe this would happen on the march show?

this would be a great fight! 2010 is the year of strikeforce!

I know Roger asked for more money than BJ Penn was making right before Huerta/Florian. Obviously he lost and his bargaining power went down. I also know the UFC was not happy at how he publicly criticised the company for all the PR work they had him doing. Not to mention choosing acting over fighting...

It's very safe to say that keeping Huerta isn't a priority for the UFC.

maybe someone could post some pics of both guys? Just in case a newb doens't know who we are talking about?

Nice work Lupo. Josh is ripped up.

If they do fight I hope they stand and bang instead of going to the ground and homosex each other.

I agree, I have always respected Baroni since day one because of his physique. Just ridiculous build.

Nothing worse than a mma fighter who looks like he hasn't worked out a day in his life and has horrible fucking tats.

i.e. Whitehead, Jason Dent..

The old Vitor has a sick build.

Thomson, IMO

Where is the rumor coming from?

Thompsons to big, to well rounded

perfy - If they do fight I hope they stand and bang instead of going to the ground and homosex each other.

If this fight ever happens- both always ready to stand and trade and have sick cardio. I think it would be a 3 round standup war.

Right now i'd take Thomson. He would be the more technical striker here. Huerta is crafty though and did much better against Maynard then I expected.

I think Josh is the better wrestler and better technical stirker....agree. He would probably win but who knows?

Huerta just spent a month at Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket Thailand working some standup training.

mcpeepants232003 - The UFc has a right to match any contract Roger signs? Have you heard whether or not they have chosen to match the contract?
I could see them not matching the contract as Huerta isn't a top contender but I could also see some reasons why they would. I guess it will probably all come down to money.

I believe that the UFC matching period has expired and Huerta is now free to sign with whoever he wants.

Would be a great fight imo.

If Huerta money demands were too much for UFC how can Strikeforce afford him?

WickedWonder - If Huerta money demands were too much for UFC how can Strikeforce afford him?

I think Huerta was interested in keeping his likeness rights as well as money.

He was complaining that the UFC had Roger Huerta Tree air freshners at the gas station and he wasn't seeing a dime of that kind of stuff.

Huerta should drop to 145, he just looks small at 155

Personally I think the UFC is fed up with Huerta. Wouldn't be surprised of he jumps to SF.

Remember when Huerta was hated on here as overrated Zuffa hype machine?

If he goes back to UFC people will say he's coming off back to back losses and not big deal. If he goes to Strikeforce it'll be hailed as a huge get and sign Strikeforce is taking over and how UFC is dropping the ball.