Josh vs. Yves rematch

Yves, you have to admit, up to the kick, Josh looked very good. I almost feel like he did not see a threat from you. Obviously, he was mistaken since you knocked him out. I don't see him making that mistake again. Maybe, we won't get a chance to see it again. I also would like to see a rematch with Hermes.

I also agree that Josh would win a rematch. He seems a bit more explosive, and is more versitle. The way I see it the situation that brought that kick into play was a fluke, but I wouldn't say that the kick was. I think that they were kind of in a stand up scramble, Josh got turned around and decided to go for the backfist and got caught. I don't see that happening again, but who knows. Also I don't think anyone can say for sure who wins the higher percentage of fights between them.

Yves is better, strategically and tactically.

Hey UFCBarbie comparing a 1 round fight to a 12 round fight makes perfect sense. Maybe that guy got tired in the 13th round and wasn't as focused as he was throughout the fight. But then again there hasn't been a 13th round in a fight in like 20 years. Part of being a fighter is not making mistakes. Just because you train doesn't mean you know fighting you know fighting techniques but you have no idea of the nuiances of fighting.

So watch the game, be happy when your guy or team wins, be sad or disappointed when he loses, and shut the fuck up.

Yves

"So watch the game, be happy when your guy or team wins, be sad or disappointed when he loses, and shut the fuck up."

My Hero! Marry me Yves :P

I thought a few more people would be itching for a rematch. Maybe Josh's arrogance turns people off because he certainly was winning before sloppy backfist he casually threw. I think he got cocky when evens did not pose much of a threat. Either way, I would rather watch this fight than Mir vs. anyone.

In the last 22 or so fights that Yves has had, he has had:

ZERO losses by submission

and

ZERO losses by KO

and

ZERO losses by TKO

and

ZERO ref stoppages to check for cuts on "him"

ponder those facts for a bit, and compare them to any other fighter you can think of.

Lee

Interesting comment Yves. I train, but certainly do not know fighting. Are you saying that its an experience thing, or certain training methods and so forth that you undertake to learn the fight game? I'm always looking for strategy and approaches to fighting overall. I'm a little to old to get it strickly through experience.

Pig Bun,

None of those things have ever taken place in the entire careers of Lytle, Penn, and Minotauro. It's impressive stuff from Yves, no doubt, but he's not the only one to do it.

didnt yves had joshs back twice in this fight? as i recall he threw him the first time and pushed him off and KTFO'd him the next time...

no disrespect to josh (i like his style) but there was ZERO luck involved...

an opening presented itself

yves pulled the trigger

GAME OVER

it was a great fight, and A REMATCH would probably b great too

Gotime, I don't see a lot claiming it would take a submission from Josh to beat Yves. No disrespect to Yves, but Josh seemed to be much, much stronger fighter. If not for the careless move, we would see Josh win the fight.

Yves I respect you so much for your ability I was just stating that Josh has a chance at beating you everyone has that chance.I was trying to tell the people who said he did nothing that he actually did a lot.You fought a great fight and won congradulations on that.Hope to see you fighting in the octagon again.

Josh Thompson "NEVER" wrestled D-1 ,, Actually he never even wrestled in college!

Josh Thompson "NEVER" wrestled D1 he actually NEVER wrestled any college!! check it out!

Yves wins 1 out of 1. That's all that matters up to this point.

Yves ground game is vastly underrated.

He needs to be fighting for the LW championship. He's earned it, he's fought the best and beat the best. I do think a Hermes rematch is warranted though.

you have been owned by the sofa king

Hermes deserves rematches with both of them.

Yves admitted the obvious after theirs.

I didnt see the Thomson/Franca match, so cant comment on the controversy but I think the Yves/Franca match was a draw (or a decision for Franca if i HAD to give it to someone).

I agree Hermes, Yves & Josh should all fight each other again. All the fights were exciting and extremely competitive. I thought Josh had a slight edge when Yves caught him. This would be a great rematch.

Ryan,

"...Lytle, Penn, and Minotauro..." Not bad company to keep :-)