Judas Priest > Iron Maiden

Love them both but Priest is just bigger, thicker and heavier than Maiden IMO. I've been on a massive Priest kick for the past two weeks and their catalogue is just stupid good. Priest Live is untouchable.

Choosing a favourite has always been a bone of contention amongst metal fans.

Discuss.

You're out of your damned mind. Halford needs all kinds of special effects during live performances to make it even sound like he can come close to hitting the notes he used to. BRUCE hits them with nothing.

Priests last few albums have been absolutely forgettable. A Matter of Life and Death was a masterpiece. Final frontier was good and Book of Souls was excellent.

I am sure you have some kind of sentimental attachment to priest, but you are clearly out of your mind.

Halford known how to handle a mic but Bruce Dickinson flies a 747

^
I'm talking about their prime. Bigger fatter more melodic riffs for the win IMO. I take nothing away from Maiden but give Screaming for Vengeance over Powerslave all day son.

The Maiden resurgence from several years ago had every 14 year old and their younger sister wearing Maiden shirts. It has skewed many a memory.

Straydog24 - ^
I'm talking about their prime. Bigger fatter more melodic riffs for the win IMO. I take nothing away from Maiden but give Screaming for Vengeance over Powerslave all day son.

The Maiden resurgence from several years ago had every 14 year old and their younger sister wearing Maiden shirts. It has skewed many a memory.
Hahahahha you say priest live is untouchable but then backtrack to "in their prime“...

Citing screaming for vengeance being a better album than powerslave doesn't do anything to support your claim that priest is better. Powerslave, piece of mind, NOTB had tracks that completely overshadow most of Priests catalog.

They're both great, but the galloping bass lines and Bruce's awesome vocals do it for me on a level Priest never did.

Roy Batty - They're both great, but the galloping bass lines and Bruce's awesome vocals do it for me on a level Priest never did.
Agreed. Maiden over Priest!

mrblonde1281 -
Straydog24 - ^

Hahahahha you say priest live is untouchable but then backtrack to "in their prime“...

Citing screaming for vengeance being a better album than powerslave doesn't do anything to support your claim that priest is better. Powerslave, piece of mind, NOTB had tracks that completely overshadow most of Priests catalog.
Priest Live is an album ya boner.

You're aware of IMO means right?

Straydog24 has not strayed from the correct.  Maiden is a top 5 favorite band for me, but Judas Priest is Number 1.  Their 4-album span of British Steel, Point of Entry, Screaming for Vengeance and Defenders of the Faith is the best eva...

Priest 

I prefer JP

Sorry Stray, gotta go Maiden on this one.

I prefer maiden, but this is an age old debate

No. Maiden over Priest in any era.

Love 'em both, but Maiden > Priest.

I like JP but I could never get into IM.

You know where I stand on this one Stray.

Schjonicus -

Halford known how to handle a mic but Bruce Dickinson flies a 747

This, Bruce is able to put on a kickass show and be able to get the rest of the band and crew and all of their gear to the next city.

No.

Both are great, but maiden > everything.

Up the irons \m/

Like them both, but Maiden > Priest