Judas Priest - Ripper Owens did the impossible.

I was lucky enough to see this incarnation of Priest in the late nineties. Perhaps the toughest shoes to fill of any metal frontman would be the Metal God's but Tim did an unbelievable job during his time in Priest. A couple videos of his work. Live '98 Meltdown was a killer album.

Here's a wicked rehearsal promo where he nails the vocals. Check out the wails starting at 3:55. His work in Iced Earth was very solid as well.

Priest is so much more amazing live. Thick, solid, tight.

Going down the Priest wormhole before Super Bowl.

I was an old school JP fan. I had kind of moved on from heavy metal by the 90's, so I pretty much missed this period. Regardless, what a great band at ANY time in their history. 

Damn straydog you are right. Dude killed it

chaplinshouse -

i saw em too with this singer.  at a bowling alley in Dallas.  actually more of an events center that had a bowling alley.  they played the same as if it were for 100,000 people.  very impressed

I saw them on the Demolition Tour. Same one as in the Metal Gods video. Amazing show. His version of Diamonds and Rust was incredible.

Morgz - 

His work in Iced Earth is very good as well.

Morgz -

I speaketh the trutheth Morg.

Priest Live is ridiculous. Great love album.

In for later. I don't think Ripper quite matched Halford 100% but he did as great a job as anyone else on the planet (other than Rob) could have done.

Ripper was actually drunk one night and threatened to shoot me on Facebook.

I appreciate this thread Straydong and would vote you up if that was still a thing.

Jacks Wasted Life - In for later. I don't think Ripper quite matched Halford 100% but he did as great a job as anyone else on the planet (other than Rob) could have done.
Agreed. Ripper had some great moments where he matches Rob on certain songs IMO. I love Ripper's version of metal gods and Green Manalishi. They sound bigger and meaner than robs.

If you're a fan of Halford you should check out his solo work on Fight and the first Halford album. Both are killer.

mrblonde1281 - Ripper was actually drunk one night and threatened to shoot me on Facebook.
Lol. What caused him to want to fight you?

Straydog24 -
mrblonde1281 - Ripper was actually drunk one night and threatened to shoot me on Facebook.
He was spouting off on gun control and I hit him with some reality and he couldn't handle it. He deleted the post later on in the morning, but not before I screen shot it for posterity.

Matt Barlow's shoes were bigger.

mrblonde1281 -
Straydog24 -
He was spouting off on gun control and I hit him with some reality and he couldn't handle it. He deleted the post later on in the morning, but not before I screen shot it for posterity.
Let's see it buds.

Cawsie77andConorTouchedMe - Matt Barlow's shoes were bigger.
Matt Barlow is one of the most underrated vocalists in he game. His early work on Iced Earth is massive.

Alive in Athens is awesome.

I met him after he reunited with the band and he became a cop. Very nice guy.

Straydog24 -
mrblonde1281 -
Straydog24 -
Let's see it buds.
Alright... But when I do, you owe us some pics of some big titted Asian chicks or something