Judge calls victim, 13, a 'sexual predator'....

Judge calls victim, 13, a 'sexual predator': Outcry as 41-year-old man walks free after admitting sex with girl.

A man who admitted having sex with a 13-year-old girl walked free from court; while his victim was described by the judge and prosecution as sexually “predatory”.

The girl was accused in court of "egging her abuser on" and was described as "looking older" than her thirteen years, something the judge said he would consider in Wilson’s favour. But anti-rape campaigners railed at the accusation that the young victim was promiscuous. They argued that it helped facilitate the sexual abuse of children.

The support group Rape Crisis (England and Wales) said it was “appalled and bitterly disappointed” at what it called “shocking and entirely unacceptable treatment of a 13-year-old sexual violence victim in court”.

A spokesman said that the charity “utterly refutes the strong implication of the judge’s comments that a child’s behaviour can somehow mitigate that of an adult who perpetrates sexual violence against her”.

Mr Colover reportedly told a hearing at London's Snaresbrook Crown Court on Monday:

"The girl is predatory in all her actions and she is sexually experienced.

She appeared to look around 14 or 15 and had the mental age of a 14 or 15 year old despite being younger than that.

There was sexual activity but it was not of Mr Wilson's doing, you might say it was forced upon him despite being older and stronger than her."

During his sentencing of Wilson His Honour Judge Peters QC said:

"You have come as close to prison as is imaginable.

I have taken in to account that even though the girl was 13, the prosecution say she looked and behaved a little bit older.

You knew she was not nearly 16 as she said and your plea of guilty recognises that you knew.

Allowing her to visit your home is something we have to clamp down on and in normal circumstances that would mean a significant term in prison.

On these facts, the girl was predatory and was egging you on.

That is no defence when dealing with children but I am prepared to impose a suspension."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/judge-calls-victim-13-a-sexual-predator-outcry-as-41yearold-man-walks-free-after-admitting-sex-with-girl-8748494.html

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-08-07/barrister-and-judge-facing-investigations-after-branding-13-year-old-victim-of-paedophile-predatory/

Looks like Chris Hansen needs to make a trip to the UK. Phone Post

What's the age of consent in England/Wales/where ever this took place?

Were they claiming rape or sex with a minor/statutory? Phone Post 3.0

Tangerine Dream - What's the age of consent in England/Wales/where ever this took place?

16, and statutory. By the sounds of it she, pretty much, all but raped him.

"But your honor, she looked and acted way older than 13. I was sure she was 14!"

That's what happens when you learn about throat fucking and anal at 10 and grow up to think it's normal.

Thank you internet.

When the judge says she looked older than 13, I was expecting she looked maybe 17 or 18.

In what country is "she looked and acted 14 or 15" a defense against child sex?

oblongo - When the judge says she looked older than 13, I was expecting she looked maybe 17 or 18.

England

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane -
Tangerine Dream - What's the age of consent in England/Wales/where ever this took place?

16, and statutory. By the sounds of it she, pretty much, all but raped him.

Not sure how to feel about this.

In the age of the Internet, you can't immediately cry "they're a poor, defenseless, ignorant child." We are clearly evolving mentally as a species at a rapid rate., and personally at 13, I feel I was made aware the consequences of my actions.

Should you blame the parents for not teaching the individual/making sure they have something appropriate to do with their time?

My gf is 23 and works at a place where they give discounted rates to anyone 18 or younger. She has trouble distinguishing between 16, sometime 15 year olds and 24 year olds, and is constantly double checking ages so she can apply the rates appropriately. This guy acknowledged he knew she was under 16, and should know the consequences of that action. If you bake a cake, you better be ready to eat it.

In the US, it's as cut and dry as if you break the law, you suffer the consequences. You can scream "I didn't make/don't agree with the law", but it doesn't matter. You are held accountable to the laws of the land you are in, no matter how just or unjust in your mind.

Being a lawmaker would be a tough fucking job. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah when you here the details of the case its a weird one. She pretty much took control of everything, he just didn't say no. So its not like he was grooming her, of forced her. But still 13 is pretty damn young!

oblongo - When the judge says she looked older than 13, I was expecting she looked maybe 17 or 18.

i believe the age is the difference between statutary rape and sex with a minor, bearing in mind.16 is the age of.consent in the uk. Phone Post

Fuck Phone Post

"There was sexual activity but it was not of Mr Wilson's doing, you might say it was forced upon him despite being older and stronger than her."

He tripped, fell, and his dick landed in her vag?

13 year old female predators...lol
Where the fuck were they when I was 11-12-13-14-15-16? The closest we had to that were vacationers from Quebec that would land here in the Summer.

My god those Quebec girls.

Phone Post

Judges in this country are notoriously lenient on child molesters, in my opinion it's because they're all pedophiles themselves Phone Post