Judo Groundwork Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u41omoNO4U

strange newaza. Have you noticed that almost all the submissions comes directly from a takedown?

nice transitions

some nice stuff, a lot of newaza moves work well for me.

I hope so, since BJJ has a lot of newaza in it...

TTT

TTT

Very aggressive ground game. Rarely see that level in bjj.

"Have you noticed that almost all the submissions comes directly from a takedown? "

That is the way the ground game must go in a judo competition. Refs don't give you much time to set up subs on the ground.

Ouch.

I'm so glad that someone posted that video.  Now the question is,

Do you think could those people on that video could place in the Mundials in their respective weight classes?

:-)

Their cardio is beyond superb.

Takedowns beyond superb.

When I think of Judo, this is what I'm thinking about. Not the YMCA guy anyone of us can beat up on

Good stuff!

"When I think of Judo, this is what I'm thinking about. Not the YMCA guy anyone of us can beat up on"

No ofense Rhadi, but you're not included in the "us", unless your "us" means a BB judo olympian and BJJ Black Belt, which unless i am wrong, there aren't too many of.

Check out the cartwheel counter to a tomoe nage at 1:40 and upside down armbar finish!!!

I would say considering BJJ came from judo, and these guys are some of the best conditioned athletes in the world, at THAT level of judoka, they should fair well, perhaps very very well.

Slapusilly, just take a trip to France  :-)

I train BJJ, but lets be honest those judo guys would kick ass. Once they threw you done and got the top position in a BJJ match we would be in seriuos trouble.

Rhadi--that's a question I have proposed many times here. Personally--I think they would do very well! There are very few top level bjj guys with that level of athleticism